MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 18 Mar 2008, 07:13

Fully agree with Vilx point of viev. At the starting point things seems to be very easy. However just visit Barrow Downs and you will see some "nice" creatures in reasonable numbers. 4 Carnage bows are just to "must" have.
And, of course, promotions are essential.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 18 Mar 2008, 08:26

I've completed the mod last Sunday.
Considering to play it again without carnage bows.
Anywhere would wait upon 22 or 23 Mars to get patch with fixes.

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 18 Mar 2008, 11:06

Congratulations!
A couple questions. Approximately which level is necessary to have to finish the game? Lets say, 30-35 will be enough?
And how long this run could be 1-2-3 years or more?
Thanks.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 18 Mar 2008, 13:23

I've finished on level 96-97 without any exploits.
The most intense slaughter was in Tunnels to LoG killing around 700-800 of Medusas and 300-400 Behemoths( the shrine there seems disabled so leave beacon if you want to come back)and in Jester's Folly's den-Vault.
3 years and one month .
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7205/mm7sg1.png

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 18 Mar 2008, 18:44

Good job! I expected actually finish game with lewel 30-35. Seems it will be not enough. Playing first mod (R1) went thru tunnels to LOG on level 40 or so. Your figures (Begemots/medusas) are bigger then I met while previous run. If they are scattered, not the big problem, but if big number together....so training needed.
Because of training it will take about three years . May be more. I guess, my team spent to much time moving from one location to other.
Just made some edition on post:
Yeaah! Did Tunnels to Eofol. Level 15. Really not very hard. Necessary to have good weapons, bows are not effective against medusas and better to have good melee weapons. As "must" spellcaster Master Body magic - Protection from Magic, Regeneration and Grand Water Magic - Lloid Beacon, however if have potions (red, blue), possible without LB.

Chezecow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Chezecow » 18 Mar 2008, 23:00

Hi everyone!

I am a fellow MM7 fan from Finland, and just registered to say hi to everyone. I was always thinking that the game was missing something, or atleast tought that way when i knew every quest like my own pockets and had spent ages infront of the computer. This new content sounds very intresting, and ill try to dig up the CD's and see if i can arrange some time to play this again.

The other reason, besides saying hi, is that i wanted to give the props to the guys that have contributed to this new mod. I have yet to play it so i cant comment that. But the strange occassion that someone actually does some real work and research in order to produce something like this for free is honorable. Keep up the good work, you have one more fan!

Hypnos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hypnos » 19 Mar 2008, 19:57

Bimbasto wrote:To Edwardas 3,
Thanks for the info. If scroll in Barrows, will find it.
About Vori code (Clanker) I put this on the shelf for the moment. Went in and all the team was killed (level 4) , so will prepare a little bit.
Where to enter this code? I click on the doors and nothing happens only message says that u need a password.

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 19 Mar 2008, 21:01

@Hypnos
Edvardas 3 wrote:
Anywhere me and one more poster getting to end and it seems ,...alas...that there's no password,there's one spoiled, to access Vori so 'Don't Vori,be happy..' or unhappy but anywhere no Vori in sight.

As from my side, just went in to Clanker and recognized, that's to early. Team is too weak for the moment. Did not further exploring and put Clankers lab exploration "on the shelf ".
Not ready to answer exactly about password. May be it is just a joke or something like that. Some people already finished the mod and no sign about this. ;| ;|

Borodin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Borodin » 20 Mar 2008, 01:41

I'm delighted that somebody with skill is finally doing a good-sized revision of M&M7. We haven't really had a decent mod of that game, before. :)

Just a quick note, that may have been posted before, but which I haven't seen: The only mention of the courier quests that you get in your quest notes is that...you have courier quests. It doesn't track individual quests and their details. I suspect this is something in progress, rather than completed, but thought I'd mention it.

Those carnage bows, and those swords with their body and vampiric damage? -Much too early, in my opinion. They made melee battles a sham throughout the early stages of the game. I can understand that you want better weapons for players to face intimidating monsters, but if they appear too early in the diffculty curve, they make everything else you face feel miniscule, if you know what I mean. Those early quests amount to nothing, if the battles amount to nothing.

Still and all, good work, and I mean that! And please, keep going at it.

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 20 Mar 2008, 20:07

Just finished Kenel and could not to find necessary Journal. Paskal (Asterix 15) provided screen and it is possible to see scroll (journal?) in right side corner. In my case there were no journal (scroll), only weapon.
I explored every Sarkophagus, made click on every torch and no Journal so far.
Any hints?
Thanks.

Qusari
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Qusari » 20 Mar 2008, 21:30

I cleared out the kennel just recently, found the journal without problem, it was in the right chamber on the floor, it looks like a spellbook.

-------------------

I have found the first 5 scrolls so far, I ve been everywhere except vori can someone give me a hint where to find the 6th scroll please ? (I hope it is not in Vori)

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 20 Mar 2008, 22:16

Lucky you! I did not to found it, so possible bug. May be because I installed patch 1. being in the midgame. ;|
At least I know now, it should be on the floor.
Scrolls: One should be given by Angel. Anothers - Harmondale, Erathia, Tatalia, Tularean Forest, Barrow Downs. If more details needed, could provide via personal mail.

Vilx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Semi-spoiler

Unread postby Vilx » 21 Mar 2008, 08:15

Clue to find the scrolls of Saints - there is a text - "start from nothing". Try to look around close to map coordinates x0y0.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 21 Mar 2008, 12:16

Hypnos wrote:
Bimbasto wrote:To Edwardas 3,
Thanks for the info. If scroll in Barrows, will find it.
About Vori code (Clanker) I put this on the shelf for the moment. Went in and all the team was killed (level 4) , so will prepare a little bit.
Where to enter this code? I click on the doors and nothing happens only message says that u need a password.
There's no entry if you get spoiled password from Shoals and you'll click on entrance you get killed.This Vori thing is a coax ,just some going on of old fans joke-lore like white goblin and Vori.
so don't think about that your goal is to get promoted in Coding Fortress
re-loading and re-appearing negates it since Coding wizards would turn hostile then.Leaving this place is only Town Portal spell or LB

Qusari
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Qusari » 21 Mar 2008, 13:05

Slowly it gets embarassing I am stuck again.......I was able to finish the hero promotion, ( I had found the missing scroll before, but messed up the save game)

Anyway I am on the point where I have to go back to the pit and meet Archibald in Castle Gloaming ? (because something extremly dangerous arises) When I go back to the pit the persons there are friendly (green) but in Castle Gloamimg they are still red...........and the door to the Throne room is always closed......how do proceed ? thanks in advance.

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 21 Mar 2008, 14:00

Yeah it says you must talk with Resurectra in Castle Gloaming but actually she's peacefully waiting in Castle Lambent (Celeste) :D

EDIT: And yes, Vori looks terribly like a big lie ;|

Qusari
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Qusari » 21 Mar 2008, 14:44

Resurectra is still in her Hostel, cant speak with her, in Castel Lambient there is only the Grandmaster of light to be found......any other ideas ?

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 21 Mar 2008, 17:38

Not really sure...may be you are doing Maximus quest. If so it is not necessary to go to Castle Lambert, just pay a visit to Maximus in Pit. Or may be I am wrong? ;|

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 21 Mar 2008, 19:26

Qusari wrote:Resurectra is still in her Hostel, cant speak with her, in Castel Lambient there is only the Grandmaster of light to be found......any other ideas ?
Do you play original game or this mod ?
In mod you only need to steal soul-bars from Necroes in Castle Gloaming
You must describe consequenses of your action before so we get clear vision of where are you now.Or citate your current quests

Qusari
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Qusari » 21 Mar 2008, 20:10

It was the Maximus quest ! I think i must read the texts more carefuly before clicking away.

I was a little bit frustrated by the game progress, ..... sometimes it was more work than fun, and difficult to fetch the lose ends together. I also messed up the class changing utterly. Visited clankers lab before I brought proof to the guy in Harmondale, but met the wiz in clankers lab, cleared it also out. When I went back later the wiz was gone.
Since I dont have a healer in the party I changed plans and pushed my party to level 80 with the hero promotion bug...... and made about 20 runs to clankers lab to get some artifacts.

After Maximus my mood increased fast and a happy smile crouched over my lips.
The stuff which comes after Maximus is quit challenging and interesting, I was glad to have power leveld my party quite a bit.

Now on to fetch the cube......

Return to “Might and Magic”