[Storyline]The Ancients

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 22 Jan 2008, 11:45

The only thing preventing the name COLONY from taking over is the fact that Melian used it in MM6, and he / she was a Guardian who would have known the world's true name. But as I said it's likely Melian only used "Enroth" so that the adventurers could understand what they were talking about. :)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Jan 2008, 23:30

Meandor wrote:So there is no reason why they should know true name of the planet?
Well, first beings on this planet were more advanced than we are now. ;)
They should known planet name and it's symbol on Ancients' starmaps (something like: XYZ-123 in sector 675).
After Silence they deevolved to barbarian state but as we can read in MM6-8 they not forgot from where they come - they just can't understand properly they legends.
And planet name should been in one of their legends, so some scholars (like Xanthos) could find it.

About Colony and rest of topic - I reply this another day/week - I'm to tired to post properly, not speakong about thinking properly. :tired:

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 01 Mar 2012, 02:00

Oh, it's good to see that COLONY is returning to use as the name of the world. I had accepted Enroth as the only canon name and I don't really know where "COLONY" comes from or what it stands for (or if it's even from a canon source or not), but this name really goes in line with all those others like CRON, VARN and XEEN. The Ancients Science Fantasy and shit :-D

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 01 Mar 2012, 08:20

COLONY has no place in canon. The planet's name is Enroth. Sure, in fanon one can tie this name in how ever he wants, but in canonical games and sources COLONY is nowhere to be found, only Enroth is being used as the planet's name, even by the Guardian.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Return to “Might and Magic”