Favorite Character

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Favorite Cahracter?

Poll ended at 01 Jan 2008, 00:57

Archerer
No votes
Cleric
21%
Druid
11%
Knight
11%
Monk
5%
Paladin
11%
Ranger
No votes
Sorcerer
37%
Thief
5%

Total votes: 19

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Favorite Character

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 17 Nov 2007, 00:57

Hello,
This is a poll to see what are peoples favorite characters to play from MM6 through MM7. My favorite is the troll but this site will not allow me to make a poll large enough to include MM8 options (thanks for telling me after I had already tried to submit this.) Of the MM7 characters my favorite is the Paladin. My least favorite is archerer because I am not much of a bow person.
Although the troll is my favorite, my favorite combination of all time was my "MM7 King Arthur Party" which was 2 Knights (Arthur & Gwain,) a Paladin (Lancelot,) and one Sorcerer (Merlin.) Unfortunatly because I was still in my hating the good knight quest, so I played them as evil. But this was still a great party to have except no one was any good at disarming traps.

ShadoMan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ShadoMan » 17 Nov 2007, 01:50

most definitely darkelf, tho.. it's closely followed by necromancer( who were so much cooler looking then sorcerers, and had a better feel) , so i had to choose sorcerer.

But I'm so serious. What's cooler than my hot darkelf with crazy chain mail, Dual wield swords, best bow, and master fire/ air. Mass inferno and meteor shower, with a deadly armsmaster dual wielded swordage up close. GG mm8. of course everything might have been dieing because of a creature named Ithigore in my party ^^

and speaking of Ithigore, no dragons either D= .. but you said no mm8 yeye i know

and about the disarming traps, im pretty sure your paladin could disarm a trap perfectly at lvl 1. It's called telekinesis.

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 17 Nov 2007, 07:10

Paladins cannot have disarm traps in MM7, nor can they cast elemental spells at all. The only characters in the party that could were the knights but they could not even gain an expert skill level (rank only.)
Last edited by CoffeeGnome on 17 Nov 2007, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

Heretic_Cata
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Heretic_Cata » 17 Nov 2007, 08:38

Monk
"Be who you are and say what you feel - those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 17 Nov 2007, 11:54

MM7

1. Sorcerer

2. Knight

3. Monk

(With my skill mod -> 1st. Druid)

knights are very strong! But I prefer magic above the way of the warrior.

MM6

1. PALADIN!
Last edited by asterix15 on 17 Nov 2007, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

jeff

Re: Favorite Character

Unread postby jeff » 17 Nov 2007, 13:46

CoffeeGnome wrote:Hello,
This is a poll to see what are peoples favorite characters to play from MM6 through MM7.
This one is impossible for me because of the changes made in MM7, many of which I didn't like, however in MM6 Paladin since they were a powerful combat force, could learn all of the healing spells, and still learn all of the necessary adventuring skills. MM7 because of the restrictions on all of the classes I have no favorite.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 17 Nov 2007, 15:08

This one is impossible for me because of the changes made in MM7, many of which I didn't like, however in MM6 Paladin since they were a powerful combat force, could learn all of the healing spells, and still learn all of the necessary adventuring skills. MM7 because of the restrictions on all of the classes I have no favorite.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paladins are extremely strong in MM6! But they arent so strong in mm7 :(

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 17 Nov 2007, 15:45

Cleric!! He can heal everyone AND cause some serious damage with dark magic!!!

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 17 Nov 2007, 18:44

Thief.
It`s hard to pick anything from MM8 because i liked them all, it was like a fresh breath of air after 6 and 7.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 17 Nov 2007, 18:55

Cleric, followed by the knight.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 18 Nov 2007, 03:25

Since I could only choose one, I chose Sorcerer … although an all magic party of two Sorcerers & two Clerics is quite effective. A little slow at the start, but pretty soon, you'll have the whole Cosmos at your beck & call. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 18 Nov 2007, 05:45

MMVI -- none. Since everybody could essentially learn everything at the same level (barring the standard magic divisions), there wasn't much difference anyway other than the hit point/spell point ratio.

MMVII -- Tough choice, but there's nothing that beats the feeling of seeing your Sorceress finally turn into a Lich.

MMVIII -- Has to be the troll.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 20 Nov 2007, 17:33

Sorceror of course. Little fireball at the morning in nearly creatures or just shower for them. :devil:
If you don't like to run from one place to another you can always fly. Or teleport.
Sorcerors can learn to fight with two daggers - and deal right damage to opponents with that. Or just cast Inisibility and pass guards.
They have many ways to deal or avoid with danger when knight must rely only on his strange and equipment.

I don't like druids - they can't be (grand)master in any magic shool - they lack the most powerful spells or spell effects. Well, in MM6 they can be good choise but they can't learn light and dark magic what is IMO thier weakness.

Alan06
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alan06 » 06 Dec 2007, 19:57

the cleric is my favourite, he made the game easier :proud:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Dec 2007, 18:48

Alan06 wrote:the cleric is my favourite, he made the game easier :proud:
nce you leveled it the good way (in this case evil :D)

Return to “Might and Magic”