Search found 132 matches

by CoffeeGnome
May 19 2008, 22:11
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and magic Ix just completed:D
Replies: 3
Views: 1325

I like MM9 as well but I feel that I am in the minority at this site. I have to admit that MM6 is the best thus-far in the series but, MM9 is not the worst. Also, MM9 has some of the best dungeons in the whole series (Tomb of 1,000 terrors, Chasim of the dead, etc.) Too bad they took away the paper ...
by CoffeeGnome
May 5 2008, 15:06
Topic: Hidden Treasure
Replies: 29
Views: 29620

Also, there are clues to a treasure being buried by pirates in MM6. Something like "beneath a tree on an island south of Mist" never found it myself though. You need shovel and rope to dig up this treasure. ;) IIRC it was just a rumor - there isn't such treasure in MM6. Maybe I just do no...
by CoffeeGnome
Apr 30 2008, 20:49
Topic: MM6 in 2 month 26 days with all quests completed
Replies: 12
Views: 3492

How is that even possible?

When every time you go to training, it takes several days each and every time you train one of your characters. They were 92nd level when you finished when you only went through 82 game days? (January & February are both only 28-days long in the game, +26 days for March.) :disagree:
by CoffeeGnome
Apr 17 2008, 18:24
Topic: enchanting mm6
Replies: 4
Views: 3050

thanks for the reply guys..one more thing,can you buy a collectors edition with 6,7,8,9 might and magic games?and if so would you know where.I have checked all the major stores in my area.. thanks They have a collectors edition with those 4 games all in one pack but it has been out of reproduction ...
by CoffeeGnome
Apr 16 2008, 21:07
Topic: enchanting mm6
Views: 3050

weapons

It is also important to know that in MM6 you cannot enchant weapons at all until you have reached master-level in water magic. These weapons must still be of a certain quality like all other items enchanted with enchant item spell. This limitation was removed from the spell by the time MM7 came out ...
by CoffeeGnome
Apr 5 2008, 16:28
Topic: Possible Bug with Assassin?
Replies: 2
Views: 1167

Re: Possible Bug with Assassin?

Isn't it 1 attack per 3 ranks but above 10 skill points (ex. for 13 skill points you have 1 extra attack, for 16 skill points you have 2 extra attack, etc.)?[/quote]

Thanks
by CoffeeGnome
Apr 4 2008, 21:13
Topic: Possible Bug with Assassin?
Replies: 2
Views: 1167

Possible Bug with Assassin?

According to the MMIX cluebook, when an assassin character reaches grandmaster in blade they are supposed to ge one extra attack per three ranks of blade skill when fighting with just daggers, however mine does not seem to be getting any extra-attacks at all. * Does this not include knives (like the...
by CoffeeGnome
Apr 4 2008, 21:04
Forum: Articles
Topic: Isle of Ashes (part 2)
Views: 1962

Isle of Ashes (part 2)

I found the problem. You need to step upon the colored flames of the petnagram upon the floor in a specific order. However, just by fighting the two zombies in the room you are bound to start off in the wrong order anyway. Leave the dungeon and return to the area after killing the two zombies there....
by CoffeeGnome
Apr 4 2008, 20:56
Topic: M&M IX Won't Start
Replies: 7
Views: 1989

It's windows vista

MMIX and windows vista have a small screen-transfer bug associated with them. When you see the boat stop movine simply hit Alt+Tab and refresh the screen back to your desktop, then hit Alt+Tab one more time to go back to the game. The loading problem will fix itself when the screen refreshes. I ran ...
by CoffeeGnome
Apr 4 2008, 20:49
Topic: Monk or Thief?
Replies: 26
Views: 5509

Fate!

It seems to me whenever I play a thief I find a whole bunch of really nice items of "the fist" and "of dodging" in the stores, that would have added some very nice bonuses to the unarmed and dodging scores if I had been chosen the monk. However, when I am a monk I never seem to b...
by CoffeeGnome
Apr 2 2008, 21:28

Isle of Ashes (part 2)

I am on the Writ of Fate quest and I have the capstone of order but the door to room "J" will not open? What am I doing wrong or is there a bug involved with this quest?
by CoffeeGnome
Apr 2 2008, 21:28

Isle of Ashes (part 2)

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
http://www.celestialheavens.com/250
by CoffeeGnome
Mar 8 2008, 16:41
Topic: Favourite/Least favourite dungeon?
Replies: 75
Views: 11045

I've only gone through 3,4,5,6 and 7. With that in mind, my top five LEAST favorite dungeons in ascending order: 5: Dragon Cave (M&M4) The cave itself isn't so bad...as long as you enter via the "Count Du Money" warp. Why? Because if you enter the "standard way" through the normal overworld ent...
by CoffeeGnome
Feb 19 2008, 20:51
Topic: blood & honour - ranger skills?
Views: 2931

Well I am no where near any of my manuals, let's see if you are willing to tell us.
by CoffeeGnome
Feb 19 2008, 20:30
Topic: blood & honour - ranger skills?
Views: 2931

They truly did not do that good of job of editing when they released "Blood and Honor" however they go show it accurately in the cluebook. There were quite a few editing errors in game manual for Heros of Might and Magic II, which was released just before "Blood and Honor" as well.
by CoffeeGnome
Feb 6 2008, 16:56
Topic: Hmm…(MM8 speculation)
Replies: 15
Views: 3902

It is just an abstract mask. Since it is in the Dragonhunters Tavern it probably represents a sinister dragon head or somthing with a head similar to a dragon. However it also seems to be wearing a spiked helmet so maybe this is somehow trying to represent the barding that the Dragonhunters put on t...
by CoffeeGnome
Jan 30 2008, 16:37
Topic: MM7: Rogue: Hardest basic promotion in the game?
Replies: 18
Views: 9306

Turn based mode and then beserking one of the swordmasters works... and once one finishes killing the other you can either run away or you can paralyze one and melee him until he is dead. Hard to find paralyzation scrolls or have this spell before this quest. I usually have this quest done well bef...
by CoffeeGnome
Jan 28 2008, 23:19
Topic: MM7: Rogue: Hardest basic promotion in the game?
Replies: 18
Views: 9306

UndeadHalfOrc - in the thief quest, I recommend standing as close to the west door as possible and opening it instead of the east and then going into turn-based mode. Use spells or scrolls of berserk to cause those masters of the sword to attack each other. They may strike swift and hard but they al...
by CoffeeGnome
Jan 28 2008, 23:10
Topic: M&M 7: Walls of Mist (Help Needed)
Replies: 10
Views: 2974

This one is far funner when playing evil and going in here for the lich quest. If you feel overpowered with this first battle, concentrate on the sorcerers and wizards in the group. (Remember not to use berserk upon them because even though some of the other monsters will attack them, their light el...
by CoffeeGnome
Jan 24 2008, 23:43
Forum: Campfire
Topic: What determines our titles?
Replies: 8
Views: 2208

That's your rank. See the FAQ . And is this really a Might and Magic Forum question? I would have had it pegged as Campfire, myself. Thanks for trying to help but, I had already read that part. I was just trying to figure out what I did to have it give me the title of "Big Nose." PS: yes this shoul...

Go to advanced search