MM7 - Navan Castle Treasury

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Ooberseal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM7 - Navan Castle Treasury

Unread postby Ooberseal » 12 Oct 2007, 21:11

Only got a few quests left on MM7 and one of these is the Black Knight promotion where I need to raid the Navan Castle treasury. The problem is, I can't get into the treasure room.
I can see the red square on the floor, but can't walk down the stairs that are supposed to be there. I've read various walkthroughs to try to understand what I have missed but haven't found anything about having to push any buttons or levers or whatever.
Anyone got ideas?

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 12 Oct 2007, 21:14

There are no levers. Try to use Spacebar close to the red area, it worked for me.

Keep in mind, that staircase will never open until you actually *get* the black knight promotion quest.

Ooberseal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ooberseal » 12 Oct 2007, 21:21

You have a point, I'm not sure I actually have the black knight quest...
Why didn't I think of that? ;|
I've been struggling and putting it off for so long and it was that simple XD
Thanks alot :)

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

good vs evil

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 23 Oct 2007, 19:53

despite the trouble finding the stairs in the castle, the evil knight's quest is still volumes easier than the good knight's quest.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 23 Oct 2007, 20:15

You mean, the Champion promotion? It depends at what level you fight in arena. At level 1 in arena at Knight level you will fight against a pack of rats and dragonflies which is very easy. However, at level 50 or higher there might be some problems, especially when all of the magical effects suddenly are dispelled, priest in the party gets stoned and save/reload in arena has no effect. And repeat that five times. :D

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 23 Oct 2007, 20:24

Yes but you will never reach the champion quest until after you have already transitioned over to the good side anyway. Ive tried it many times and even if you do a straight walk through to the champion quest (evermorn isalnd, the burrow downs, haunted mandsion, rescue dwarves, fight war and not get involved, and then choose good path) you are still at least 13th level when you have the opportunity to perform the champion quest. In the arena at champion level the game has a tendency to still throw elementals (especially light elementals,) behemoths, and medusae, at you. 8|
No matter how you slice it, the black knight quest is easier that the good knight quest.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 23 Oct 2007, 20:59

CoffeeGnome, what you don't realize is that you can perform those five arena FIGHTS anytime in the game.
When you DO get the Champion quest, you are automaticaly and immediately promoted by that cute champion lady if you already did your 5 Knight level fights.

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Ok, I'll try

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 23 Oct 2007, 21:29

I never tried this when I first arrived after completing Emerald Island. I'll give this a try. All I do know is that it is way to disproportioned in difficulty after the human/elf war is over.

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 24 Oct 2007, 07:12

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:CoffeeGnome, what you don't realize is that you can perform those five arena FIGHTS anytime in the game.
When you DO get the Champion quest, you are automaticaly and immediately promoted by that cute champion lady if you already did your 5 Knight level fights.
Strange. I remember otherwise.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 05 Nov 2007, 17:07

I finally got the time to try the knight quest immediately after evermorn island. I was 5th level for the first two battles and 6th level for the last three. Yes they did work and my party received the completion for the champion quest right after choosing the good side, however the arena is still quite difficult at knight level even at 5th level.
On the 2nd battle I had to face 2 sprites amongst the enemies in the arena and I say they may be weaker versions of elementals but they are still way too difficult for a 5th level party. Also on the 4th battle when I was 6th level the arena was full of magogs (at least five of them.)
When the game is doing this to a 6th level party, I still have to conclude that no matter when you decide to do the champion promotion quest (even at lower levels) it is still proportionatly more difficult than the black knight quest.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 05 Nov 2007, 17:13

I agree that the Black Knight quest is too easy.

In my MM7 mod I made the elf archers and elf spearmen substantially stronger, and much more numerous. My level 34 party didn't have a very hard time, but a level 20 party would definitely need to be careful in the elf castle if playing with my mod.

Return to “Might and Magic”