No Music in MM6

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GreatDeceiver
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

No Music in MM6

Unread postby GreatDeceiver » 09 Aug 2006, 14:21

Hello,

I reinstalled MM6: Mandate of Heaven the other day to give it another playthrough.

However, I'm not getting any music. As I remember it, MM6 had a redbook (CD-audio) soundtrack, but the game apparently isn't even making the call for the cd to be read.

Sound effects (character sounds, interface sounds, etc) all work perfect.

I'm running XP SP2, and have patched the game up to 1.2 . Does someone know of a solution to the music problem? I remember really liking the soundtrack, and would very much like to play with it again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 09 Aug 2006, 14:50

IIRC downloading this patch made it work for me.

GreatDeceiver
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby GreatDeceiver » 09 Aug 2006, 15:45

Thanks a lot Phobos, I had no idea there was an unofficial 1.3 patch. That fixeed it for me.

Cheers!

BigBadPig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BigBadPig » 13 Sep 2006, 16:32

Not for me, unfortunately. I still don't get any music, which most sad, since the music from MM6 especially is absolutely awesome:(

Nerissa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nerissa » 17 Sep 2006, 03:18

Does your computer have multiple CD drives?

Try putting the game CD in the first drive (The one whose letter is closest to A, or whichever one was first if you installed a second after you got the computer). A lot of old games can't run CD audio correctly if the CD isn't in the first CD drive.

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 18 Sep 2006, 08:43

It's the worst solution but if nothing works just let Windows media player run the CD on random and repeat.

BigBadPig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BigBadPig » 18 Sep 2006, 14:03

Thank you all for the tips, I'm going to try them all. As a side note - isn't this such a great series, that till today people play them - and help each other ro do so:). If I'm not mistaken, it's been more than 10 years since M&M6 came out!:)

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 19 Sep 2006, 07:32

BigBadPig wrote:If I'm not mistaken, it's been more than 10 years since M&M6 came out!:)
Actually 8 years but I do agree - it's been a long time since the game came out and people are still enjoying it. :)

Return to “Might and Magic”