Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

Unread postby klaymen » 21 Mar 2024, 16:12

Rodril wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 10:13 If you wiling to invest some time into it, please do following, to locate where error starting to occur:
1. Install clean GOG MM8, anywhere but "Program files" folder. Boot it, start new game, to check whether it works or not.
2. Install MMPatch, during installation select folder, used in first step, uncheck all checkboxes, mentioning "do not use this option, if using patch with big mod...". Check if game still works.
3. Apply MMExtension and MMEditor by unpacking archives contents into game folder. Check the game again.
4. Unpack mod archive and check the game.
Tell me at what step game stops to work.
When following these 4 steps, I was able to run it. However.....

When unpacking the mod archive, I got many error reports, probably about overwriting files.
When I loaded the game, water glitches - I think it is while turning in any direction - the water texture blinks into a cyan texture with red Φ (or stop sign) on each square and then back.
Also, where am I supposed to find the quest to travel between continents? New game just starts new game of MM8.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 21 Mar 2024, 17:19

Tomsod wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 07:31 I actually though it was in German, the first time I saw that link. You can't confirm otherwise until you download, which takes like 15 minutes. So I'd advise explicitly mentioning it's English, somewhere.
there you go
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Rohani
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rohani » 21 Mar 2024, 22:36

This mod is a dream come true. Also, it allows to play MM 6/7 without going crazy from frizzy textures. :tsup:

I have just finished a playthrough of all continents with the current version and patch, then the extra content, with a Jadame party (Dark Elf, Devlin, Elsbeth, Frederik Talimere, a dragon), reset the timeline, ended up on Emerald Isle with an empty purse :) and found the letter, went to Tularea and subsequently Dagger Wound. I got curious whether I might hire an additional Frederik Talimere, since he was at his hut, but I could not, whether I had him in my party, at the inn, full party or only main char. I do not want to completely dismiss him, this group has run almost only main quests so far.

Problem: I don't get the 2nd power stone for the teleporter quest.
I tried to add it via console, digging the id from the object list in the Tables folder, but the ID (138) gives me only gold rings. Other Ids won't work similarly, only "1" will yield the simplest longsword as listed (English version, MM8 from GOG).

I'd appreciate any hints and help :)

powermmms
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby powermmms » 22 Mar 2024, 03:56

I want to change that party to gain Exp when monsters are killed by objects and monsters.
I tried some lua script modification, but was not successful.
Do you have any ideas? Please give me some help and please understand my bad English skills.

NhanGia71
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NhanGia71 » 26 Mar 2024, 10:34

Rohani wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 22:36 Problem: I don't get the 2nd power stone for the teleporter quest.
I tried to add it via console, digging the id from the object list in the Tables folder, but the ID (138) gives me only gold rings. Other Ids won't work similarly, only "1" will yield the simplest longsword as listed (English version, MM8 from GOG).

There are 4 chest on the second island after you go to the first main island telepoter. 1 of the chest contain the 2nd stone to active the next teleporter

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » 26 Mar 2024, 11:43

Don't you need to recruit Frederick Talimere and steal his power stone in order to finish that quest?

NhanGia71
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NhanGia71 » 26 Mar 2024, 20:32

raekuul wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 11:43 Don't you need to recruit Frederick Talimere and steal his power stone in order to finish that quest?
That is normal mm8. Merge Version you don't need doing that. The Frederick 's stone is in one of 4 chests on the second island. Take that stone to active the telepoter to the temple of the snake.

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 26 Mar 2024, 21:47

Rohani wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 22:36 This mod is a dream come true. Also, it allows to play MM 6/7 without going crazy from frizzy textures. :tsup:

I have just finished a playthrough of all continents with the current version and patch, then the extra content, with a Jadame party (Dark Elf, Devlin, Elsbeth, Frederik Talimere, a dragon), reset the timeline, ended up on Emerald Isle with an empty purse :) and found the letter, went to Tularea and subsequently Dagger Wound. I got curious whether I might hire an additional Frederik Talimere, since he was at his hut, but I could not, whether I had him in my party, at the inn, full party or only main char. I do not want to completely dismiss him, this group has run almost only main quests so far.

Problem: I don't get the 2nd power stone for the teleporter quest.

Regarding the 50 Playable Characters, the game behavior I know in MM8 (or MMMerge at least) is that, any of MM8 story-based Recruits that are found in Jadame (excluding the 2 Recruits found in the Adventurer's Inn in the beginning), will still show as game 'events', in the first time, in their houses or the special spots (e.g. Simon Templar, Cauri Blackthorne, Blazen Stormlance), even if we have forced them (e.g., with mm8che cheat app) to move into our Party. We can Dismiss them from the Party and then they'll move safely to the Adventurer's Inn (so this seems to be disconnected from their respective 'events'). What is irreversible (without cheating), is Dismissing them from the Adventurer's Inn itself. So far as I know, only Simon Templar's 'event' we'll spawn back in time, and can bring him back (to the Party or to the Adventurer's Inn), while any other Playable Character will NOT returno to their original house/spot (I haven't tried it out extensively); Fredrick Talimere won't go back to his hut if you Dismiss him from the Adventurer's Inn; but it's totally safe to Dismiss him just from your Party. In case you accidentally Dismiss ANY of the 50 Playable Characters from the Adventurer's Inn, you may still bring them back to game thanks to mm8che (I only know the mm8che method): the missing Character needs to be cheat-moved directly to one of your Party Slots. Then, if you Dismiss it from Party, it will move to the Adventurer's Inn safely.
So, although those Characters' 'events' are timeline-unique (with a few exceptions: e.g., Simon Templar), each of the 50 Playable Characters only exist as one in the game at a time (in principle); so cannot Recruit multiple Fredrick Talimeres (unless you create many versions of him from Party Creation of course, or cheat-edit Characters to be like him; any of those would be fake 'clones', because they'll be using a different Character 'number'). But I guess it is possible to cheat-hack and put exactly the same, unique Character in multiple Slots... but this will likely crash the game eventually (?). I think I've tried that once in MM8... it's like, when you attack with that Character, all of its real clones ALSO attack simultaneously. :D

Note that, although Gold stored in the Bank does 'time-space travel' between the 3 Continents, currently the Characters on the Adventurer's Inn do not do' time-space travel' in the same way. Unless you never touched them (Recruited them to your Party) at least once, they will only show up in the Adventurer's Inn of the Continent they were Dismissed [from Party]. This is a bit confusing and annoying thing. I would prefer if they were 'space-time travelling', just like Gold in the Bank (or remained behaving just as the Recruits that are never Recruited to Party: these, will strangely 'space-time travel'; meaning, in whichever Adventurer's Inn you visit, for all 3 Continents, the Recruit will be there... how did he got there?!? he was on another Continent! Well, I have a strange 'theory': the Adventurer's Inn is an enigmatic place (maybe magical): just like the Sub from Dagger Wound Island to Regna, who has never noticed something odd about the fact that, the Recruits travel from continent [Ravenshore] to island [Dagger Wound Island] and vice-versa, while all they did was supposedely just resting inside one of the two Adventurer's Inn? There should be a Warp device inside those buildings! 8| ).

Other folks have mentioned alternatives, but I'm not sure of which Portal Stone you're referring to; the round one or the sharp one.
The round one (the "1st" I guess) is given as a Quest by the Lizardfolk's Leader in the village's prefecture. But it will only activate the Portal if you complete that Quest. So, I believe it is not about Recruiting Fredrick Talimere at all from his hut.

You should be able to get both Portal Stones from "Hint" of the Seer in Ravenshore, without using cheat/mod mechanisms...
However, I believe it would be imperative that the Quest must have been taken already.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 28 Mar 2024, 09:59

NhanGia71 wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 20:32
raekuul wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 11:43 Don't you need to recruit Frederick Talimere and steal his power stone in order to finish that quest?
That is normal mm8. Merge Version you don't need doing that. The Frederick 's stone is in one of 4 chests on the second island. Take that stone to active the telepoter to the temple of the snake.
This is actually vanilla MM8 thing. One of the chests is replaced depending on whether Frederick is in party or not.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 28 Mar 2024, 10:03

MilesChen099 wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 15:05
cthscr wrote: 05 Feb 2024, 15:20
toadking wrote: 05 Feb 2024, 12:56

ASM scripts are a bit difficult for me. Is it possible for future versions to include this feature,break through the limit of 255?
Commit 82f4685e. In vanilla increasing resistance (for both base and bonus) will reduce it to 255 if it was bigger than 255 initially. I don't think this behavior should be preserved. So, ResistancesEvtBaseMax and ResistancesEvtBonusMax in Data/Tables/ModSettings.txt, default values for Revamp are 32000 now.
Great job!
Can I set the base attributes and the bonus attributes limits as well?
StatEvtBaseMax, StatEvtBonusMax (both at 300 by default).
Commit 3a7f504d.

toadking
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby toadking » 29 Mar 2024, 10:05

hi,guys, two issues were found in recently's testing:
1. On the map "The Mercenary Guild"(7d20.blv), when visiting the "Wine Rack", the item found was invalid. When right-clicking on this invalid item, it displayed "_potion/reagent".

2. The dragon's Spitfire attack will become faster and faster as the recovery time shortens, but when the attack recovery time drops to 30, the attack actually slows down,not even as fast as in 40.

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » 29 Mar 2024, 13:49

Playing on the main branch, and I have two questions (because I can't actually remember how this works):
1. Which settings do I enable to allow for the Hero of Jadame (that is to say, the party member that cannot be dismissed) to be a dragon?
2. How do I bring a dragon party member (not hireling) into the Shoals west of Avlee at the end of the MM7 story line? Or is that uncorked by using the above setting to allow for the undismissable party member to go under? (I tried bringing Ithilgore with me but he can't put on the wetsuit so I had to smuggle him in after establishing a beacon on the Lincoln)

Gray Magic Expert
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gray Magic Expert » 30 Mar 2024, 15:38

A strange bug seems to be happening:
Zero non-enchanted items are generated in high-tier shops, or from powerful ore (siertal ore, or more powerful).

Spells like Vampiric Weapon, Fire Aura, Enchant Item and White Potions of bonus damage will be useless in late game it seems...

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 01 Apr 2024, 10:13

raekuul wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 13:49 Playing on the main branch, and I have two questions (because I can't actually remember how this works):
1. Which settings do I enable to allow for the Hero of Jadame (that is to say, the party member that cannot be dismissed) to be a dragon?
There is an icon on character paperdoll during character creation stage.
2. How do I bring a dragon party member (not hireling) into the Shoals west of Avlee at the end of the MM7 story line? Or is that uncorked by using the above setting to allow for the undismissable party member to go under? (I tried bringing Ithilgore with me but he can't put on the wetsuit so I had to smuggle him in after establishing a beacon on the Lincoln)
Having wetsuit in inventory should help.

magic_screen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby magic_screen » 01 Apr 2024, 10:29

I exited the Basement of Breach. Now there are 2 locked doors in the courtyard.
How to open?
EDIT: Never mind, I solved it.

MilesChen099
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MilesChen099 » 02 Apr 2024, 08:36

cthscr wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 10:03
MilesChen099 wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 15:05
cthscr wrote: 05 Feb 2024, 15:20
Commit 82f4685e. In vanilla increasing resistance (for both base and bonus) will reduce it to 255 if it was bigger than 255 initially. I don't think this behavior should be preserved. So, ResistancesEvtBaseMax and ResistancesEvtBonusMax in Data/Tables/ModSettings.txt, default values for Revamp are 32000 now.
Great job!
Can I set the base attributes and the bonus attributes limits as well?
StatEvtBaseMax, StatEvtBonusMax (both at 300 by default).
Commit 3a7f504d.
Thanks very much!

Gray Magic Expert
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gray Magic Expert » 04 Apr 2024, 19:51

I am playing Base Merge (version from the first post of this thread).
There is something very wrong with item generation, at least in my game:
1) All random-generated high tier (tier 3 and more) items appear with an enchantment. No basic Dwarven Hammers for me, only stuff like Dwarven Hammer of Ice, or of Ogre-Slaying, or of The Sun... - Things like that.
2) Guaranteed Artifacts and Relics (Ravenshore secret tree chest, or Alvar Ogre Fort Wall, or Clanker Lab) are from MM8 only. MM6 and MM7 artifact items do not appear in such chests.
3) To add insult to injury, sometimes those Artifact-Guaranteed chests are generated without an artifact at all!
4) However, if Artifact-Guaranteed chests contain no Artifact - they seem to have a MM8 gemstone inside.

Looks like the loot tables got mixed up somewhere...
What can be causing this?

Iban
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Iban » 04 Apr 2024, 20:40

Hi,
I cant't download the mod files, an error is occuring. Is it possible to reupload them on another site maybe?

Thank you!

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 04 Apr 2024, 22:55

Hello. Fixed the links.
GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18upSSZ ... sp=sharing
OneDrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AklOx6zaOmQgbHB1-Av ... I?e=H4IcBJ
Gray Magic Expert wrote: I am playing Base Merge (version from the first post of this thread).
There is something very wrong with item generation, at least in my game:
1) All random-generated high tier (tier 3 and more) items appear with an enchantment. No basic Dwarven Hammers for me, only stuff like Dwarven Hammer of Ice, or of Ogre-Slaying, or of The Sun... - Things like that.
2) Guaranteed Artifacts and Relics (Ravenshore secret tree chest, or Alvar Ogre Fort Wall, or Clanker Lab) are from MM8 only. MM6 and MM7 artifact items do not appear in such chests.
3) To add insult to injury, sometimes those Artifact-Guaranteed chests are generated without an artifact at all!
4) However, if Artifact-Guaranteed chests contain no Artifact - they seem to have a MM8 gemstone inside.

Looks like the loot tables got mixed up somewhere...
What can be causing this?
Artifact is replaced by gemstone, when one is already acquired by the party. Cannot check other points at the moment.

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 05 Apr 2024, 00:09

Gray Magic Expert wrote: 04 Apr 2024, 19:51 2) Guaranteed Artifacts and Relics (Ravenshore secret tree chest, or Alvar Ogre Fort Wall)
I've also noticed (occasionally), this specific behavior for at least those two secret Chests in Jadame.
This started to happen, unfortunately, since the last update of MMMerge Base. It's not in all games, but it might be ocurring something like 1 out of 2 games --started in Jadame.
I don't have memory of having seen such behavior on any other previous version of Base MMMerge, nor from MM8 alone. There indeed always seem to be 100% chance of 1 Artifact/Relic on each of those secret Chests.

Another behavior that I've noticed, for the same newest version, that I still cannot confirm 100% (or how often it may repeat), is that the "Letter FOR YOU!" sometimes doesn't seem to Spawn with a 100% in at least one Chest of the 7 Maps (Ravenshore and its continental surroundings), starting in Jadame.
On 1 game, I've probably looked for all the Chests in those Region Maps (maybe not all Chests inside Dungeons Maps, except for the Wolf's Den). But then, something even stranger has happened: suddenly, I went to the Seer because of whatever reason (I wasn't even considering that possibility) and, he gave me the letter! But I had never had it. I suspect the Letter was summoned and it was then 'found' in a valid Chest, BUT it didn't 'materialize' (and I always double-check Chests, letting safe empty spaces to double-Spawns); so I technically would have lost it, thus the Seer handed me it.

Also, a minor thing but annoying: MM6 (Enroth) information Letters/Journals are Spawning from Perception-based assets... in some Jadame Region Maps. For example, from Pine Trees in alvar and from Rune Posts in Shadowspire; when the Perception requisit is met. Shorcuts system upgrade also much more interesting now.

PS: On the other hand, I really like the system and gameplay improvements made overall in that last version of Base MMMerge! This was one of the best updates... on years in my opinion! Nearly a legendary update, even though subtle changes.
I've noticed the changes to the Randomization of the Recruits for example; it was really a nice idea and upgrade, making search for those guys more game-friendly. Also, the new options for keyboard shortcuts also quite impactful. Some critical, old MM8 bugs also reverted to a fixed state in MMMerge, like in GrayFace Patches. I believe some Weapons also got some specially differentiated 'Tier-leveling' after that update, but this I'm still trying to figure out; maybe I'm just getting crossed-information, from MMMerge Redone.
I can tell, with a few more tweaks, MMMerge would only end up lacking one feature.............. Vori places. :D

Return to “Might and Magic”