Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
User avatar
Kinox
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 91
Joined: 14 Sep 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Kinox » 03 Nov 2023, 16:23

Rodril wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 13:41
LadySoulCrystal wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 13:49 Its been eons since I was here. I recently reinstalled Merge678 and despite being only level 14 5 man party, bolstering had already been turned on despite only being in Enroth in the Temple of Baa. I thought Bolstering wasn't until level 50? Was it because my party was a combined level 50? I turned it off and saw an immediate difference in enemy stats via Detect Life.
Kinox wrote: Hi; Nerd Question, for MMMergefolks:

Does Bolster Monster have any direct, trigging relation to finishing a Continent, or perhaps to the order each Continent is Visited for the first time?
Or, instead, plainly and simple: it would only be dependent on the Party power, in relation to whichever Monsters appear around, whatever place, whatever time?

Hello. In current version bolster is on by default, and it's power is not related to game progress. Long ago (~2019) bolster was off for first continent and on for following, but it did not work well. I could not find golden point of balance, instead decision was made to give more tools to player for adjusting scaling to their likings: "extra settings" menu got "bolster multipliers" tab and there is "Bolster formulas.txt" table in "Data\Tables" folder for direct control of stats scaling.
I find current default setting good enough. For best experience - disable bolster manually for first continent. Once it is finished, enable it manually for the rest of playthrough. If your playthrough is based on continent hopping from the start, just keep it on.
Oh, I see. There was indeed a history of adaptation of the feature for a while; I guess I might have read some crossed information in the past and hence ended up being confused. Good tips; thanks.

Rodril
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Rodril » 04 Nov 2023, 01:05

eilacomeva wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 19:36 Anybody else getting 2 cubes from Tolberti/Robert the wise? If not, I managed to screw up two installations in the exact same way :D
savegame at https://ufile.io/folvlcn1
It is bug of current version, it should not affect gameplay other than giving excess cube. I will post upcoming version soon, bug is fixed there.
vaoex wrote: Is there anyway to to disable the Dragons basic ranged breath attack? Or even scale it down?
I really like that they melee now but the the ranged breath is so overtuned.
If I could disable the ranged attack and rely on magic for range I might actually run one for a change.
You can disable dragon's ranged attack by editing "Data/Tables/Character portraits.txt" file with Grayface's TxtEdit. There's column called "DefAttack (range)", set all values in this column to 0. There's no simple way to reduce it's power, unfortunately.
Felipe wrote: Have you ever found a newer version of the french localization that would include quests and documents translation ?
I thought quests are translated. At the moment localization files do not work as intended. I missed the point, when game started to process them in wrong order... To make it work properly, you have to rename "01 LocFR.T.lod" and "01 LocFR.D.lod" files to "zz LocFR.T.lod" and "zz LocFR.D.lod". I will post fixed localizations along with next update.


Regarding skill issues, errors are caused for less than GM skill levels due to format of data, engine uses to store skills. I did not have opportunity to fix it yet. Next version will still have this bug, unfortunately. Best solution would be to use skill storage rework from Revamp branch, probably I will do it next.

Zage
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Sep 2023

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Zage » 04 Nov 2023, 04:02

Kinox wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 08:11 Hi. Just reporting some strange behavior/bug that happened in Base Merge. Couldn't reproduce it so far.

All the Antagarich (MM7) first 3 kings' halls, but most notoriously the one in Stone City (as the 2 other ones in Tularean Forest and Erathia would probably had remained closed by default at this stage), remained closed even after the completion of the Quest of clearing up Castle Harmondale from the Goblins —by delivering it to the Butler. Meaning game progression was deeply compromised. I've started on Jadame (MM8) by the way.

The tests I've made had that such behavior didn't seem to have nothing to do with:
→ a previous completion of the Troglodytes Quest in the mines of Stone City before everything.
→ a delivery of the Letter (from the Historian in Erathia demanding the Quill) to Lord Markham taking the Quill, except while he is found in Emerald Island.
→ leaving Emerald Island after completing the Contestants' Quest but without using the Ship (the cinematic then shall occur whenever getting in Harmondale Map Region).

I actually suspect it might be related either to:
→ Main Quests done from Jadame and/or Enroth previously to the Contestants' Quest.
→ Swapped Characters in the Party, ¿so they might not have the proper… Award for vising the Dwarf King?
→ Time issue (unlikely): ¿too late?
→ (?)

Thanks for any feedback. Maybe someone else had experienced this.
Any update here, or fix for Stone City remaining closed? I started on Enroth. I didn't want to get blasters, so I played Enroth to the start of the memory sphere quests, I have gotten to the point of needing to do the elemental plane quests in Jadame. Seeing this was about the same spot progress wise in the games, I went to Erathia and cleared the goblins. I've been hoping accumulating more fame in Erathia might open the throne room in Stone City, but no luck so far. Or that finishing Verdant's quests could do the trick (I used invisibility so the dwarves don't hate me). Judge Grey clearly tells me to fix up my castle, the butler is gone from the inn, the troglodytes have been cleared in stone city... just no idea why the throne room remains closed. I'm going to keep playing and see if anything triggers the throne room opening, but just wondering if this has been solved.

User avatar
justl
Demon
Demon
Posts: 343
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby justl » 04 Nov 2023, 10:34

Rodril wrote: 04 Nov 2023, 01:05
eilacomeva wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 19:36 Anybody else getting 2 cubes from Tolberti/Robert the wise? If not, I managed to screw up two installations in the exact same way :D
savegame at https://ufile.io/folvlcn1
It is bug of current version, it should not affect gameplay other than giving excess cube. I will post upcoming version soon, bug is fixed there.
Is there any chance, that the cubes from mm6 (controlcenter) or the "puzzle box" from mm8 (which is also a controlcube) would also be valid for gameplay? (so that all item ids from mm678 would work with that mission)

I know they are a different item-id, but are nontheless cubes of control. I guess the ancients produced them en masse in ancient times and they would have some kind of base-functionality other then commanding a starship or communication with a controlcenter...
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Rodril
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Rodril » 04 Nov 2023, 10:46

Zage wrote: 04 Nov 2023, 04:02 Any update here, or fix for Stone City remaining closed? I started on Enroth. I didn't want to get blasters, so I played Enroth to the start of the memory sphere quests, I have gotten to the point of needing to do the elemental plane quests in Jadame. Seeing this was about the same spot progress wise in the games, I went to Erathia and cleared the goblins. I've been hoping accumulating more fame in Erathia might open the throne room in Stone City, but no luck so far. Or that finishing Verdant's quests could do the trick (I used invisibility so the dwarves don't hate me). Judge Grey clearly tells me to fix up my castle, the butler is gone from the inn, the troglodytes have been cleared in stone city... just no idea why the throne room remains closed. I'm going to keep playing and see if anything triggers the throne room opening, but just wondering if this has been solved.
Checked the script. It requires any character in party to have Award #3 - "Removed goblins from Castle Harmondale". In the merge, tho, character, who got the award could be dismissed, so i will change behaivor, to check quest completance (this is party-wide) instead of award.
Put this script into your "Scripts/Maps" folder: https://gitlab.com/letr.rod/mmmerge/-/r ... line=false
It should solve the problem, if not - send me your save game file, please.
justl wrote: Is there any chance, that the cubes from mm6 (controlcenter) or the "puzzle box" from mm8 (which is also a controlcube) would also be valid for gameplay? (so that all item ids from mm678 would work with that mission)
Currently game won't accept mm8 cube instead of mm6 one, but i think, it is implementable.

Demran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Jul 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Demran » 04 Nov 2023, 11:12

Rodril wrote: 04 Nov 2023, 01:05 Regarding skill issues, errors are caused for less than GM skill levels due to format of data, engine uses to store skills. I did not have opportunity to fix it yet. Next version will still have this bug, unfortunately. Best solution would be to use skill storage rework from Revamp branch, probably I will do it next.
Hello Rodril,

Is this about Armsmaster (and Bow) Skills?
I've tested all skills that get outside bonus from items.
And if I am not mistaken, only Armsmaster and Bow bonuses reset to 0 when [Base Skill] + [Bonus Skill (from Items)] reach a total of 63-64 points.
On all other skills may it be Alchemy, Identify Item, Disarm Trap, Magic Skills, Unarmed and Dodging, [Base Skill] + [Bonus Skill (from Items)] = 63 (or at times 64) do not reset the effects in any way.

I've checked the engine a little, and noticed;
- When 65 points are placed in a skill it becomes, 1 Skill into Expert,
- When 129 points (64 from Basic + 64 from Expert + 1) are placed in a skill it becomes, 1 Skill into Master,
- When 257 points (64 from Basic + 64 from Expert + 128 from Master + 1) are placed in a skill it becomes, 1 Skill into GM.
I am assuming problem for Armsmaster and Bow is caused by this system? (But for some reason not for the rest of the skills)

Thanks so much for all your hard work, truly appreciate and admire everyone's work put into this.

User avatar
Arch-vile
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 40
Joined: 25 Oct 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Arch-vile » 04 Nov 2023, 14:49

Hello Rodril,

Temple of the Snake / Q
Mr. Q no longer has spell Finger of Death. He just stands there like an idiot :)

Temple of the Sun / Minotaur King
To same.

It doesn't snow in the Frozen Highlands (after update 23.07.2023)

User avatar
justl
Demon
Demon
Posts: 343
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby justl » 05 Nov 2023, 16:29

Arch-vile wrote: 04 Nov 2023, 14:49 Hello Rodril,

Temple of the Snake / Q
Mr. Q no longer has spell Finger of Death. He just stands there like an idiot :)

Temple of the Sun / Minotaur King
To same.

It doesn't snow in the Frozen Highlands (after update 23.07.2023)
Finger of Death was put out of the merge fairly early on, cause of the magic books from mm7/8 dont having it any more.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

mrStoun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 Nov 2023

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby mrStoun » 05 Nov 2023, 18:24

Hi all! I decided to try this mod.
I started with MM6, and was surprised to find that archmages cannot become grandmasters of light and darkness. What is the point of them then?(((
And the Grandmaster of Light was not found in the Eel-Infested region
Waters
Sad((

There is still a reputation requirement to obtain a Master of Darkness(

Upd
Check again
Reputation requirement is not needed.
I successfully buyed master of darm magic
But grand master is impossible to buy:(
Last edited by mrStoun on 05 Nov 2023, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 582
Joined: 12 Jan 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby cthscr » 05 Nov 2023, 19:40

justl wrote: 05 Nov 2023, 16:29
Arch-vile wrote: 04 Nov 2023, 14:49 Hello Rodril,

Temple of the Snake / Q
Mr. Q no longer has spell Finger of Death. He just stands there like an idiot :)

Temple of the Sun / Minotaur King
To same.

It doesn't snow in the Frozen Highlands (after update 23.07.2023)
Finger of Death was put out of the merge fairly early on, cause of the magic books from mm7/8 dont having it any more.
He-he.
Image
Q preserves spell id 95 so he should cast Pain Reflection which was luckily implemented for monsters in MM8. (Finger of Death is 117 now in Revamp if someone's curious.)
Q also has the problem of being turned into regular 17-HP peasant with newer bolster (if you run into him on level 1). He's also friendly.
Last edited by cthscr on 05 Nov 2023, 20:13, edited 2 times in total.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 582
Joined: 12 Jan 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby cthscr » 05 Nov 2023, 19:43

Rodril wrote: 04 Nov 2023, 01:05 Regarding skill issues, errors are caused for less than GM skill levels due to format of data, engine uses to store skills. I did not have opportunity to fix it yet. Next version will still have this bug, unfortunately. Best solution would be to use skill storage rework from Revamp branch, probably I will do it next.
Reminder that savegames will become incompatible.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 582
Joined: 12 Jan 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby cthscr » 05 Nov 2023, 20:07

Zage wrote: 04 Nov 2023, 04:02
Kinox wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 08:11 Hi. Just reporting some strange behavior/bug that happened in Base Merge. Couldn't reproduce it so far.

All the Antagarich (MM7) first 3 kings' halls, but most notoriously the one in Stone City (as the 2 other ones in Tularean Forest and Erathia would probably had remained closed by default at this stage), remained closed even after the completion of the Quest of clearing up Castle Harmondale from the Goblins —by delivering it to the Butler. Meaning game progression was deeply compromised. I've started on Jadame (MM8) by the way.

The tests I've made had that such behavior didn't seem to have nothing to do with:
→ a previous completion of the Troglodytes Quest in the mines of Stone City before everything.
→ a delivery of the Letter (from the Historian in Erathia demanding the Quill) to Lord Markham taking the Quill, except while he is found in Emerald Island.
→ leaving Emerald Island after completing the Contestants' Quest but without using the Ship (the cinematic then shall occur whenever getting in Harmondale Map Region).

I actually suspect it might be related either to:
→ Main Quests done from Jadame and/or Enroth previously to the Contestants' Quest.
→ Swapped Characters in the Party, ¿so they might not have the proper… Award for vising the Dwarf King?
→ Time issue (unlikely): ¿too late?
→ (?)

Thanks for any feedback. Maybe someone else had experienced this.
Any update here, or fix for Stone City remaining closed? I started on Enroth. I didn't want to get blasters, so I played Enroth to the start of the memory sphere quests, I have gotten to the point of needing to do the elemental plane quests in Jadame. Seeing this was about the same spot progress wise in the games, I went to Erathia and cleared the goblins. I've been hoping accumulating more fame in Erathia might open the throne room in Stone City, but no luck so far. Or that finishing Verdant's quests could do the trick (I used invisibility so the dwarves don't hate me). Judge Grey clearly tells me to fix up my castle, the butler is gone from the inn, the troglodytes have been cleared in stone city... just no idea why the throne room remains closed. I'm going to keep playing and see if anything triggers the throne room opening, but just wondering if this has been solved.
Are you sure you're using Base? In Revamp required award got id 104 and that exact number is bugged in MMExtension. I've applied a fix on 2023-09-29 but it won't add award for already finished quest. So if you're using Revamp and caught this you'll have to run following in debug console:

Code: Select all

for _, pl in Party do pl.Awards[104]=true end

Rozwaal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 5
Joined: 03 Jul 2023

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Rozwaal » 05 Nov 2023, 20:33

What to do if there is no dialogue about the liberation of spirits and the elevator in a dungeon with platforms does not go back down?
mod version merge 07/23/2023
help.png

mrStoun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 Nov 2023

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby mrStoun » 06 Nov 2023, 06:29

Gentlemen, I would like to update my question.
Do mages from MM6 really not get the Grandmaster of Darkness and Light?

Demran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Jul 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Demran » 06 Nov 2023, 10:07

mrStoun wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 06:29 Gentlemen, I would like to update my question.
Do mages from MM6 really not get the Grandmaster of Darkness and Light?
Master Wizard get Master in Dark AND Light Magic.
Archmages get Grandmaster in Light Magic, but can't learn Dark Magic.
Liches get Grandmaster in Dark Magic, but can't learn Light Magic.

Priest progression is the same as well.
Either Dark or Light Grandmaster,
or
Both Dark and Light, but only Master.

You have 2 options:

1. You can choose a Path with a character of yours thanks to some NPC's in houses. In MM6 - Blackshire, there are 2 houses next to each other (Behind the Stable), which can help you choose a path so that you can go Grandmaster on that Path. There are more NPC's in the game, but I like this spot specifically, since they are next to each other and can get there with a Town Portal easily.

2. If you are not content with the system and want to play as you wish, you can edit the game folder.
Might and Magic => Data => Tables => Class Skills.txt
To edit this properly, you will need Grayface's Txtedit program. Which you can get it from his site. (Just Google: Grayface - Txtedit)
This file will show you, (and let you edit) which classes can get which skills to what level in the game.

But personally I like them the way they are, gives me another play through chance just to try the other path every now and than.

User avatar
toadking
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 Jul 2022

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby toadking » 06 Nov 2023, 11:13

Sometimes when a member visit the cauldron first time in Castle DarkMoor in MM6, an error popup below, but the probability of occurrence is very low and it hasn't found in MM7 and MM8:

Code: Select all

D:\Program Files\MasterBranch\Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1472: array index (-1) out of bounds [0, 3]

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	D:\Program Files\MasterBranch\Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1429: in function '__index'
	D:\Program Files\MasterBranch\Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1472: in function '__index'
	...one2.09\Scripts\Structs\After\GlobalEventsNewHandler.lua:413: in function 'v'
	...gram Files\MasterBranch\Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:101: in function <...gram Files\MasterBranch\Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:96>

arguments of '__index':
	t = (table: 0x20d35ac8)
	a = -1
	v = nil

local variables of '__index':
	aorig = -1
	a1 = -1
	n = 4

upvalues of '__index':
	ptr = nil
	u4 = (table: 0x02f34bd0)
	GetPtr = (function: 0x03134178)
	obj = (table: 0x055602b8)
	o = 12044876
	assertnum = (function: 0x02f6ad18)
	error = (function: 0x02f13db8)
	type = (function: builtin#3)
	SetLen = (function: 0x054fb5c0)
	low = 0
	GetLen = (function: 0x0561cf98)
	lenP = 12044896
	lenA = (table: 0x02f344e0)
	size = 4
	count = 5
	_index = nil
	_newindex = nil
	tonumber = (function: builtin#17)
	beyondLen = nil
	f = (function: 0x0570dec0)
	format = (function: builtin#91)
	sOutOfBounds = "array index (%s) out of bounds [%s, %s]"
	tostring = (function: builtin#18)
	tostring2 = (function: 0x02f6ad80)

Rodril
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Rodril » 06 Nov 2023, 11:29

Hello. Updating version to 05.11.2023. Main reason of this update is better compatibility with revamp branch, but version also have handful of features:

-- Extra settings menu: "Increased view range" option had no effect after MMPatch 2.5.7 (view range is controlled in mm8.ini file now), so it is replaced with "Frame limit" option. On some machines framerate skyrocketing past 300, causing unnecessary heating and noise, now you can set limit to avoid that. Note, frame limit might deviate 1 - 2 frames around target value, if you need perfection - use dgVoodoo, and enable frame limiting in your driver's controll panel.

-- Catalyst potions will sum up their powers, when mixed together. I think, it makes alchemy viable in late game: blue and red potions with 200+ power are worth using.
-- Applying Enchant Item spell on catalyst potion with power 70+ will transform it into philosopher's stone. This change is supposed to make less painfull "obtain 10 philosopher stones" quest from telelocator arc.
-- Message scroll with description of new mechanics (ingame hint) was preplaced in Clanker's laborathory map (mm7).

-- Rare crash caused by Pathfinder have been fixed;
-- MMEditor contains temporary fix for monsters with "invisible" flag set, being invisible in editor mode.

MM6:
-- randomized music on grassland maps and in dungeons have been restored;
-- old double leaf doors being impassable bug have been fixed;
-- sprites and map lights have been corrected on most of maps;
-- volcano functionality in New Sorpigal have been restored;

MM8:
-- bug preventing completion of "side with Temple of the Sun" quest have been fixed.

seregavlg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 7
Joined: 14 Jun 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby seregavlg » 06 Nov 2023, 11:33

Hi,where is thescript updating the world after 2 years?

mrStoun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 Nov 2023

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby mrStoun » 06 Nov 2023, 11:49

Demran wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 10:07 Master Wizard get Master in Dark AND Light Magic.
Archmages get Grandmaster in Light Magic, but can't learn Dark Magic.
Liches get Grandmaster in Dark Magic, but can't learn Light Magic.

Priest progression is the same as well.
Either Dark or Light Grandmaster,
or
Both Dark and Light, but only Master.

You have 2 options:

1. You can choose a Path with a character of yours thanks to some NPC's in houses. In MM6 - Blackshire, there are 2 houses next to each other (Behind the Stable), which can help you choose a path so that you can go Grandmaster on that Path. There are more NPC's in the game, but I like this spot specifically, since they are next to each other and can get there with a Town Portal easily.

2. If you are not content with the system and want to play as you wish, you can edit the game folder.
Might and Magic => Data => Tables => Class Skills.txt
To edit this properly, you will need Grayface's Txtedit program. Which you can get it from his site. (Just Google: Grayface - Txtedit)
This file will show you, (and let you edit) which classes can get which skills to what level in the game.

But personally I like them the way they are, gives me another play through chance just to try the other path every now and than.
Thank you very much for the answer.
I'll try and study it.
1. I just didn’t understand the point - you write that the grandmaster of dark magic is available only to liches - but there are no liches in MM6?
2. Is it possible to have GM darkness and light in one batch?
3. I couldn't find the GM light in the place where it was in the vanilla version.
4. Now my magicians have made a second upgrade in their profession - they have just become great magicians, and it turns out that they will not be able to become grandmasters of the magic of darkness and light?

Rodril
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Rodril » 06 Nov 2023, 12:01

seregavlg wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 11:33 Hi,where is thescript updating the world after 2 years?
There's no such script. Maps refilled by the engine. If you need to change amount of days, when map is refilled, you have to edit MapStats.txt from mmmerge.T.lod (you will need Grayface's MMArchive and TxtEdit), if you want to trigger map refill once, you have to enter the map, execute "Map.LastRefillDay = 0" via debug console (ctrl+f1 to open console, ctrl+enter to execute, no quotes necessary), exit and enter map again.
mrStoun wrote: 1. I just didn’t understand the point - you write that the grandmaster of dark magic is available only to liches - but there are no liches in MM6?
2. Is it possible to have GM darkness and light in one batch?
3. I couldn't find the GM light in the place where it was in the vanilla version.
4. Now my magicians have made a second upgrade in their profession - they have just become great magicians, and it turns out that they will not be able to become grandmasters of the magic of darkness and light?
1. You can become Lich in mm8 or mm7 part of the game. You cannot become Lich in mm6, instead you can become Master Necromancer via dialog topic with teachers of Light / Dark magic, once you reach Master Wizard class.
2. No, unless you edit class tables.
3. Original MM6 did not have grandmaster teachers, master was higher skill level. In MM6 part of the Merge, master teachers also function as grandmaster teachers (you have both topics at same NPC).
4. They cannot be grandmasters of both, but they can use "Choose path..." topic with Dark / Light skill teachers to change their class to Archmage or Master Necromancer, who are able to grandmaster respective skill, at cost of loosing access to other.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests