Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GavinMagnus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 4
Joined: 28 Sep 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby GavinMagnus » 12 Oct 2023, 09:35

Hi. I see, there is a lot's of global mods which are placed on top of the merge. Can anyone tell me which ones can be safely put on the current latest version to slightly diversify the game? How do they fit together? Or it's better to use just merge to safe game without bugs?

mmcrazy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Oct 2023

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby mmcrazy » 16 Oct 2023, 18:42

Any artifact&relic cap?

User avatar
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire
Posts: 927
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Xfing » 17 Oct 2023, 00:33

mmcrazy wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 18:42 Any artifact&relic cap?
None. You'll even get duplicates and artifacts/relics from turning in stalt ore. I think the intended functioning is that a 2nd instance of the same artifact/relic will start appearing only once you sell or drop the one you currently have, that doesn't seem to function fully though. Probably not taht easy to implement either.

Also, it's intended that once you pick up all the artifacts/relics, there should be no more appearing and Tier 6 (top quality, 15th or 11th from the bottom) items should replace them. That also doesn't seem to work fully, since you'll always get some duplicates appearing. You'd have to ask Rodril why that is.

Oh, and of course you shouldn't be getting artifacts from stalt ore, both for gameplay and suspension of disbelief reasons. It never happened in the vanilla games, so it's probably enforcible quite easily if the root of the problem is identified.

Orlock
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 7
Joined: 05 Dec 2022

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Orlock » 17 Oct 2023, 00:47

Please tell me where the scripts are located that are responsible for the parameters of artifacts and relics from mm8

User avatar
toadking
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 Jul 2022

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby toadking » 17 Oct 2023, 11:55

Hi, guys, need your help:
I opened MMEdit, create a new outdoor map, and add a new monster on it. If set the monster's invisible is true, it will disappear at once. How do I make the monster appear again? (This phenomenon occurs both rodril fix 0927 and master branch 2023.10.10)

PS: In the previous version monster will always display in MMEdit mode, ignoring the value of invisible.

User avatar
Arch-vile
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 40
Joined: 25 Oct 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Arch-vile » 18 Oct 2023, 15:49

Orlock wrote: 17 Oct 2023, 00:47 Please tell me where the scripts are located that are responsible for the parameters of artifacts and relics from mm8
merge folder\Scripts\Global\ExtraArtifacts.lua

Rodril
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Rodril » 18 Oct 2023, 23:48

toadking wrote: 17 Oct 2023, 11:55 Hi, guys, need your help:
I opened MMEdit, create a new outdoor map, and add a new monster on it. If set the monster's invisible is true, it will disappear at once. How do I make the monster appear again? (This phenomenon occurs both rodril fix 0927 and master branch 2023.10.10)
Hello. It seems to be a bug of new version. I expected monsters to become visible on "Show invis" toggle, but it did not happen. I'll post, once workaround is found. Can not tell how long it will take, unfortunately, Grayface is not quiet active lately, and i've almost never modified editor scripts myself.

Orlock
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 7
Joined: 05 Dec 2022

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Orlock » 19 Oct 2023, 07:07

Arch-vile wrote: 18 Oct 2023, 15:49
Orlock wrote: 17 Oct 2023, 00:47 Please tell me where the scripts are located that are responsible for the parameters of artifacts and relics from mm8
merge folder\Scripts\Global\ExtraArtifacts.lua
no, not all things are there. some of them are somewhere in the original mm8 files, but I can't find them.

User avatar
toadking
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 Jul 2022

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby toadking » 19 Oct 2023, 07:29

Rodril wrote: 18 Oct 2023, 23:48
toadking wrote: 17 Oct 2023, 11:55 Hi, guys, need your help:
I opened MMEdit, create a new outdoor map, and add a new monster on it. If set the monster's invisible is true, it will disappear at once. How do I make the monster appear again? (This phenomenon occurs both rodril fix 0927 and master branch 2023.10.10)
Hello. It seems to be a bug of new version. I expected monsters to become visible on "Show invis" toggle, but it did not happen. I'll post, once workaround is found. Can not tell how long it will take, unfortunately, Grayface is not quiet active lately, and i've almost never modified editor scripts myself.
Copy, thank you very much.

Rodril
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Rodril » 19 Oct 2023, 08:49

Orlock wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 07:07 no, not all things are there. some of them are somewhere in the original mm8 files, but I can't find them.
Properties of most mm8 artifacts are hardcoded, i.e. their effect is part of executable file itself, there is no way to edit them, untill related bytecode of mm8.exe is found.
Mm6 and mm7 artifacts were not part of mm8 engine, thus their properties were rescripted in ExtraArtifacts.lua. If you want to add extra poroperty to mm8 artifact, you can do it in similar way, as there.

mmcrazy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Oct 2023

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby mmcrazy » 19 Oct 2023, 22:42

How can i set a human use axe skill at GM? Master is max. Dwarfs can use GM as Knight but humans only Master.

User avatar
Arch-vile
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 40
Joined: 25 Oct 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Arch-vile » 20 Oct 2023, 14:48

mmcrazy wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 22:42 How can i set a human use axe skill at GM? Master is max. Dwarfs can use GM as Knight but humans only Master.
Look here:
MergeFolder\Data\Tables\Class Skills.txt
MergeFolder\Data\Tables\Class Starting Skills.txt

Rodril
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Rodril » 21 Oct 2023, 05:03

mmcrazy wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 22:42 How can i set a human use axe skill at GM? Master is max. Dwarfs can use GM as Knight but humans only Master.
Check also "Race skills.txt" in "Data/Tables" folder. It has racial skill bonuses (this table make dwarfs be able to GM axe as knights). Format of the values: min mastery / max mastery bonus / exception, min mastery - number, min mastery of the skill available for race (or race/class combination), max master bonus - master point added on top of max available mastery for class, exception - when this bonus should not be apllied, has following options:
I - only for intelligence-based casters,
P - only for personality-based casters,
IP - only for personality and intelligence casters (druids),
S - for any casters,
W - only for warriors (classes with no SP),
0 - exception is not used,
any number - class kind, who don't receive the bonus.\

Example:
Axe line, minotaur column - E/1/2:
E - despite the class, all minotaurs are able to learn axe skill at expert level
1 - if class allows learning axe, they have +1 to max available mastery,
2 - this bonus is not applied to priest class kind (priests sworn to use only blunt weapon)
Class kind you can find in "Data/Tables/Class Extra.txt"

User avatar
toadking
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 Jul 2022

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby toadking » 21 Oct 2023, 15:26

hi gus,I find a bugs just now, after applied the patch master-branch 2023.10.19, create a character "thief" as member, when press CTRL to steal something from a NPC, error will show as below:

.

Code: Select all

..agic\Games\GOG_MM8_20230810\Scripts\General\Stealing.lua:220: attempt to index global 'MO' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	...agic\Games\GOG_MM8_20230810\Scripts\General\Stealing.lua: in function 'v'
	...Magic\Games\GOG_MM8_20230810\Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:101: in function <...Magic\Games\GOG_MM8_20230810\Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:96>

arguments of 'v':
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x02adb360)

local variables of 'v':
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x061aed80)
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x21ed3088)
	(*temporary) = 1
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x1520b7e8)
	(*temporary) = 1
	(*temporary) = 1
	(*temporary) = (function: 0x03189a38)
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = 1
	(*temporary) = 1
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = 6
	(*temporary) = 3
	(*temporary) = 9.1290274658877e-313
	(*temporary) = 4
	(*temporary) = "attempt to index global 'MO' (a nil value)"

upvalues of 'v':
	u2 = (table: 0x032967e0)
	max = (function: builtin#63)
	MF = (table: 0x056cfbc8)
	ceil = (function: builtin#42)
	random = (function: builtin#64)
	strformat = (function: builtin#91)
	MonsterStealingDropReputation = (function: 0x053a4c38)
	base_fine = 50
	base_recovery = (table: 0x053a4a18)
	thief_recovery_bonus = 15
please help, thank you.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 582
Joined: 12 Jan 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby cthscr » 21 Oct 2023, 16:26

toadking wrote: 21 Oct 2023, 15:26 hi gus,I find a bugs just now, after applied the patch master-branch 2023.10.19, create a character "thief" as member, when press CTRL to steal something from a NPC, error will show as below:

Code: Select all

..agic\Games\GOG_MM8_20230810\Scripts\General\Stealing.lua:220: attempt to index global 'MO' (a nil value)

Code: Select all

local MO = Merge.Offsets
(in Scripts/General/Stealing.lua) or update.
Thanks for [all the] catching, btw. :)

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 582
Joined: 12 Jan 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby cthscr » 21 Oct 2023, 16:31

1 - if class allows learning axe, they have +1 to max available mastery
Note that if class originally had Normal as max mastery and you have line E/1/0, its new max mastery will be Master.

User avatar
toadking
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 Jul 2022

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby toadking » 22 Oct 2023, 02:22

cthscr wrote: 21 Oct 2023, 16:26
toadking wrote: 21 Oct 2023, 15:26 hi gus,I find a bugs just now, after applied the patch master-branch 2023.10.19, create a character "thief" as member, when press CTRL to steal something from a NPC, error will show as below:

Code: Select all

..agic\Games\GOG_MM8_20230810\Scripts\General\Stealing.lua:220: attempt to index global 'MO' (a nil value)

Code: Select all

local MO = Merge.Offsets
(in Scripts/General/Stealing.lua) or update.
Thanks for [all the] catching, btw. :)
Error disappear after add the line, thank you.
But now thief seems can't steal anything except gold from target, for example, in Merge of MM7's emerald island , thief can't steal the wand from MR.Malwick any more instead of gold. In addition, we can cast telepathy on a monsters in order to find out which item it has, then decide whether to steal, but now we can't steal these items any more too.

User avatar
toadking
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 Jul 2022

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby toadking » 22 Oct 2023, 12:01

In addition, there is a slight issue with the information displayed in AWARD and Auto Notes, many duplicate things between them, some are wrong information, for example, MM7 is almost over, and it was found that there are lines show only a char "0" in both Misc and Fountain panel.Later on, I found that these values of 0 were displayed as the content of line 308,400,305,308 in Autonote.txt, and it is unknown which event triggered them.
Last edited by toadking on 22 Oct 2023, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arch-vile
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 40
Joined: 25 Oct 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Arch-vile » 22 Oct 2023, 12:58

toadking wrote: 22 Oct 2023, 12:01 In addition, there is a slight issue with the information displayed in AWARD and Auto Notes, many duplicate things between them, some are wrong information, for example, MM7 is almost over, and it was found that there are lines show only a char "0" in both Misc and Fountain panel.Later on, I found that these values of 0 were displayed as the content of line 308,400,305,308 in Autonote.txt, and it is unknown which event triggered them.
There are still errors in "Miscellaneous", "Seer", "Auto Notes" and Awards. Rodril knows about it and promised to fix it. Bad diaries are a priority for me. If they are fixed, I can finally publish a completely completed and corrected Czech version of merge.
BTW all custom quests are logging correctly :)

User avatar
toadking
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 Jul 2022

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby toadking » 22 Oct 2023, 13:55

Arch-vile wrote: 22 Oct 2023, 12:58
toadking wrote: 22 Oct 2023, 12:01 In addition, there is a slight issue with the information displayed in AWARD and Auto Notes, many duplicate things between them, some are wrong information, for example, MM7 is almost over, and it was found that there are lines show only a char "0" in both Misc and Fountain panel.Later on, I found that these values of 0 were displayed as the content of line 308,400,305,308 in Autonote.txt, and it is unknown which event triggered them.
There are still errors in "Miscellaneous", "Seer", "Auto Notes" and Awards. Rodril knows about it and promised to fix it. Bad diaries are a priority for me. If they are fixed, I can finally publish a completely completed and corrected Czech version of merge.
BTW all custom quests are logging correctly :)
Above information from the testing of the merge with patch master branch 2013.10.10 , I look forward to the good news from Rodril. :D
Last edited by toadking on 22 Oct 2023, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests