Buggy hole in the MM6 FireLord Hall? (with screenshot)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
artwen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Buggy hole in the MM6 FireLord Hall? (with screenshot)

Unread postby artwen » 08 Feb 2011, 07:35

Hello everyone! There still seems to be a little bug in Hall of the Fire Lord even with the Mok's 1.3 patch on:

On the dungeon map's NE, NW, SE, SW areas there are 4 chambers, where each of them have a hole down to the main chamber with lots of monsters and four cages. However, it turns to be, during my play I can only get down to the main hall with 3 of the holes (marked with green on the below pic) while the NE hole (marked with red) seems to be a buggy area (I can still use the air magic 'Jump' to get this bit of map done).

Does anyone else have the same prob?

If the pic above doesn't show then check this link:
http://cid-13210fd5fa576e7b.photos.live ... /hotfl.jpg

p.s. Just wondering why below won't work? (I used msn skydrive to upload)

Last edited by artwen on 08 Feb 2011, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Re: Buggy hole in the MM6 FireLord Hall? (with screenshot)

Unread postby tolich » 08 Feb 2011, 09:36

artwen wrote:p.s. Just wondering why below won't work?
Because dynamic URLs are not supported in -img- tags.

artwen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby artwen » 08 Feb 2011, 12:19

@tolich:

Thanks a lot! Now my skydrive is much handy for me.

bob teh blob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bob teh blob » 09 Feb 2011, 19:28

Ya, just checked on my save, and although the map shows there is something there, I can't see anything. Been a while since I played 6 though.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 09 Feb 2011, 20:04

Wow...now that I think about it, I remember seeing that room on the map when I first played MM6 awhile ago and not being able to access it. The Hall of the Fire Lord was a great dungeon, however it was easy for you to get lost in it.

artwen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby artwen » 10 Feb 2011, 01:55

bob teh blob wrote:Ya, just checked on my save, and although the map shows there is something there, I can't see anything. Been a while since I played 6 though.
That's right, the map shows a gray square means there's definitely a hole like other 3 chambers, but you just can't get through. However, you can do this to prove: go down to the main hall from any other 3 holes, then place your characters right under the suspicious NE hole (and save, so you can experiment), cast the Air Magic 'Jump' and you'll be in a passage (just like other 3 hole areas), go to the end of the secret passage and 'Jump' again you find yourself go through the floor and up arrive right in the NE chamber and get the map updated.

artwen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby artwen » 10 Feb 2011, 02:02

MMXAlamar wrote:Wow...now that I think about it, I remember seeing that room on the map when I first played MM6 awhile ago and not being able to access it. The Hall of the Fire Lord was a great dungeon, however it was easy for you to get lost in it.
Exactly. I remember I read somewhere (but forgot) that they used an architect to build these dungeons...

bob teh blob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bob teh blob » 10 Feb 2011, 12:09

To be honest, the hall of the fire lord is a bit of a pointless place... Good for getting a bit of XP I suppose, but there's no (formal) quest.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 10 Feb 2011, 13:40

You get Crystal Skull and meet Fallen Defender, so it is not really pointless dungeon.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 10 Feb 2011, 15:35

Good for getting a bit of XP I suppose, but there's no (formal) quest
Think there was, you get it right from stone face in 1st room. Think in unpatched version there was unlimited xp/reputation bug with it.
You get Crystal Skull
Quite a curious odity at level when you get it, and quite useless at point you really need it as you get spares anyway. Good as side story though, could been more elaborated though.

Return to “Might and Magic”