MM9 MOD... Anyone interested ???

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
NecroViolator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM9 MOD... Anyone interested ???

Unread postby NecroViolator » 09 Apr 2010, 16:02

Im modding MM9... Its a pain but do able...

So far Ive done :

1... Weapons, anyone can use them. Made the skill "undefined" so anyone can use them. Doesnt bother the Levels of the skills. You still have to be M (GM) to Dual Weild. But Im looking at another way of doing this...
2... Made Armor lowered on the skill grade so others can use higher Armor...
3... Extremely hard monsters, raised the HP. Made them a bit faster and wanna fight you longer periods and they attack alot faster. Great fun :)...

Was thinking of removing ALL restrictions on Spells so you can use them once you find them... Its actually fun that way :)...

I Cant :
Create new maps, new content because there is no editors that load in the ABC format V13... :(...

I cant program, so thats out of the question, sad to say...

Anyone interested ???

If not then I will just dump the idea's I have...

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 10 Apr 2010, 07:06

sad...but this is not a mod, just making game more harder.
mod should have something new...

it's like show people how to edit TXT files and everyone could do a mod...

we were interesting in modding MM9 but changes and decide to edit MM8 first. there was a level editor...it allow you to view all maps and change them...but do not sure cause i was tooo weak in 3D modeling that time. but creatures cannot be edited cause there trully no any editor. Ubisoft do not have such editor, NWC do not exist anymore...so only way to create your own converter\script to be able to work with such ABC format for this endine. Any other things can be edited as well.

but my own point of view - much easier to create new game than try to change unknown engine =)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 10 Apr 2010, 11:21

Vilardimia has his point, i'm appreciate that.

I'm love to see some thing change for MM9. It's more potential i think. :D

All the best man :-D

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 10 Apr 2010, 11:41

Couldn't you find an editor for another game that uses the lithtech engine and adapt that so it works for MM9? I have no clue about mods, but I'm just thinking out loud here... It seems to me that would be easier than creating an editor yourself.

Anyway.. MM9 does seem to have alot of potential for modding. At first glance the game has more options for quest objectives and skill/item/spell requirements, which is always good..

Personally I'm not interested in a mod that removes those restrictions from the game, it makes it more of an FPS than an RPG imo. A good mod would be one that builds on this to make it more balanced or interesting.. Not one that removes it altogether.. Just my opinion.. Good luck with your thing though :)
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 10 Apr 2010, 11:45

It's not an unknown engine, it's Lithtech 1.5. If else fails you could ask Monolith, they should know something about their own engine. Also, the closest game to the MM9 engine is Aliens vs Predator 2, if someone is willing to check it out.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 10 Apr 2010, 12:10

If you need help modding or converting stuff so it works with this engine, be sure to ask Bones at TELP (http://telp.org/mm9/tavern/mm9tavern.html). He created the unofficial patches and is more or less the guru of MM9's resources.

NecroViolator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NecroViolator » 10 Apr 2010, 15:41

vladimir-maestro wrote:sad...but this is not a mod, just making game more harder.
mod should have something new...

it's like show people how to edit TXT files and everyone could do a mod...

we were interesting in modding MM9 but changes and decide to edit MM8 first. there was a level editor...it allow you to view all maps and change them...but do not sure cause i was tooo weak in 3D modeling that time. but creatures cannot be edited cause there trully no any editor. Ubisoft do not have such editor, NWC do not exist anymore...so only way to create your own converter\script to be able to work with such ABC format for this endine. Any other things can be edited as well.

but my own point of view - much easier to create new game than try to change unknown engine =)

Its modding since I EDIT "any" file in the game therefor it is a MOD...
Adding more content doesnt mean Modding... You can edit what ever you want and it is still a MOD...
BUT, you gave me a great idea...Thanks... !!!

I really wanted to recreate the MM9 game in SS HD since I use that game engine...

I couldnt find a Map/Mesh Converter that works with MM9 OR else I would of made a entire new game... Thousands of new weapons/spells/monsters and other stuff for awesome fun... But there is NO info on MM9 at all... :(...

Anyone can unpack a REZ file with Total Commander... Problem is Editing Maps and such... They should of released the game editor with MM9... :)...

@Corlagon

Thanks, will check this out...

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 10 Apr 2010, 22:22

Couldn't you find an editor for another game that uses the lithtech engine and adapt that so it works for MM9? I have no clue about mods, but I'm just thinking out loud here... It seems to me that would be easier than creating an editor yourself.

Anyway.. MM9 does seem to have alot of potential for modding. At first glance the game has more options for quest objectives and skill/item/spell requirements, which is always good..

Personally I'm not interested in a mod that removes those restrictions from the game, it makes it more of an FPS than an RPG imo. A good mod would be one that builds on this to make it more balanced or interesting.. Not one that removes it altogether.. Just my opinion.. Good luck with your thing though smile
It's not an unknown engine, it's Lithtech 1.5. If else fails you could ask Monolith, they should know something about their own engine. Also, the closest game to the MM9 engine is Aliens vs Predator 2, if someone is willing to check it out.
so try to do this! I got tools for lichtech 1.0 and lichtech 2.0...but there is no any tool for lichtech 1.5!
also Ubisoft do not interested to upload any tools (but i doubt that they got some)...
neither a Monolith...but you always can try...maybe you will be more lucky than me...and in 99999 time their will mercy fans and upload it...but i was only 99998 and they refused =)
---
so i got about 2 3D engines that could be modified in some moments, the only problem is to reproduce the same scripts that will recreate atmosphere of MM game. I can work with low-poly 3D models now and animate some for 3D charecters...and you can find such engines galore in the internet!!! some of them got "drag-&-drop" interface, some more complicated...

you can try it - http://slil.ru/28938822 - just a funny 3D demonstration. done with the help of "poser models + bryce + quest 3D engine"
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 11 Apr 2010, 11:46

Bones would be your man, since he had some sort of editor of MM9 Lithtech since his 1.4 patch added in new landscapes and enemies/NPCs.

he is still offering his uncompleted patch for anyone willing to continue working on it over at TELP.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 11 Apr 2010, 14:16

Talin_Trollbane wrote: he is still offering his uncompleted patch for anyone willing to continue working on it over at TELP.
I never finished MM9, and always hoped Bones would finish his 1.4 patch. From what he listed as fixes and additions it sounded as if this patch would make MM9 close to what it could have been. As opposed to making a new mod as a first step, I would think ;| finishing this patch would give a person the experience necessary to move on and complete a mod in a more timely matter. Anyway if you decide to finish the patch I for one would be interested in playing it.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

NecroViolator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NecroViolator » 11 Apr 2010, 14:30

Problem with MM9 is the constant ALT+TAB and goto desktop then back to game... :(...

All I really need is the Models/Meshes, all maps and I could recreate in SS HD...

I can already Unpack all the REZ files and edit Scripts/Text parts then Pack into REZ and the modded files work perfect...

I read a few posts from Bones and a few other people and they were talking about "No one lives forever" editors could load in maps/worlds and such... Not all but most... I think they could be exported so I can build them fancy and nice in SS HD...

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 11 Apr 2010, 17:47

jeff wrote:
Talin_Trollbane wrote: he is still offering his uncompleted patch for anyone willing to continue working on it over at TELP.
I never finished MM9, and always hoped Bones would finish his 1.4 patch. From what he listed as fixes and additions it sounded as if this patch would make MM9 close to what it could have been. As opposed to making a new mod as a first step, I would think ;| finishing this patch would give a person the experience necessary to move on and complete a mod in a more timely matter. Anyway if you decide to finish the patch I for one would be interested in playing it.
....ehm, im not gonna mod MM9, i havent coded since the C64 days, and that was not much either.

i leave that in more experienced hands.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 11 Apr 2010, 18:03

Talin_Trollbane wrote:....ehm, im not gonna mod MM9, i havent coded since the C64 days, and that was not much either.

i leave that in more experienced hands.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I quoted you but my comments were directed to NecroViolator
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 12 Apr 2010, 04:37

NecroViolator wrote:Problem with MM9 is the constant ALT+TAB and goto desktop then back to game... :(...

All I really need is the Models/Meshes, all maps and I could recreate in SS HD...

I can already Unpack all the REZ files and edit Scripts/Text parts then Pack into REZ and the modded files work perfect...

I read a few posts from Bones and a few other people and they were talking about "No one lives forever" editors could load in maps/worlds and such... Not all but most... I think they could be exported so I can build them fancy and nice in SS HD...
good luck then! no any tool works for me exept the landscape editor :disagree:
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Return to “Might and Magic”