Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)

Unread postby Blake » 26 Sep 2023, 11:33

Just heard about a game called Songs of Silence (not to be confused with the other recent similarly named HoMM like's Songs of Conquest and Silence of the Siren lol) over in the Master of Magic communities as it's kinda MoM like too however it's definitely more in the HoMM and Age of Wonders direction though but with different kind of tactical battles that swing more in the real time kinda Heroes Hour style. Instead of clicking spell casting or buy unit/building buttons you click on cards and the game features huge amounts of gorgeous fantasy art work in a rather different style to what we usually see. The world map looks gorgeous!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2195 ... f_Silence/

Image Image
Image Image
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

johnflores
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)

Unread postby johnflores » 13 Oct 2023, 05:03

Wow, this art is something else. And as you say, it's nice to see that the setting is not just medieval Europe again, as is typical for these games. It makes this title feel a bit special. After Heroe's Hour and playing the early access for Songs of Conquest, I feared that Songs of Silence (intentional naming??) might be tapping into an already saturated market, but the style of the game, including the tarot card aspect, make it it's own thing.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)

Unread postby Pol » 09 Feb 2024, 16:00

Interesting, hopefully it won't be hollow proclamation like with H7 Council. That bitter memory remains for me.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Re: Songs of Conquest - About the game

Unread postby Blake » 27 Mar 2024, 04:48

Kickstarter has begun.. and they've already hit the target lol! That was fast!.. less than a day. Although it wasn't a huge amount and I don't see stretch goals. So I think they were a bit too conservative and missed a valuable opportunity to earn more money to help the game via either a higher goal or post 100% stretch goals. The fact that they even needed this Kickstarter shows they realised they weren't going to financially survive until game release so there was no need to ask for so little when there's clearly THIS level of goodwill and excitement for their work but oh well... I've seen kickstarters add stretch goals later so maybe they'll do the same when they realise they could have made way more lol. I can see in their KS roadmap they even mention "fulfill stretch goals" yet I still can't find any on that KS page... weird..

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ch ... f-silence/

Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Mar 2024, 14:09

They can test audience support on kickstarter, which seems that they did. With this low amount, they must have secured funds from somewhere else.

Nonetheless, they could use that chance better.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 28 Mar 2024, 04:16

Ah ha! Sure enough they've now released stretch goals...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ch ... ts/4062182

Return to “Campfire”