Icewind Dale II

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Jul 2006, 10:03

the monk's too fast for your puny mage, and with his excellent save vs spells, you'd need luck to survive, not skill

one hit of his fists and you going DOWN

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jul 2006, 10:32

stefan.urlus wrote:the monk's too fast for your puny mage, and with his excellent save vs spells, you'd need luck to survive, not skill

one hit of his fists and you going DOWN
Sorry to disappoint you,but I never go anywhere without at least stoneskin(actually I prefer ironskins,but that one lasts a bit short).Its the first thing I do when I wake up.I can even be naked and youll still wont be able to scratch me.Also,your saves are negated by my spells difficulty rating,so it goes down to 50-50 chance of ressisting.And wail of the banshe cannot be ressisted for half.Remember the fight in the second expansion where you fought the henchmen from the original?Well,after my wail,only the thief and barbarian remained standing(and thats because they rolled high numbers),but they were soon taken care of.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Jul 2006, 10:50

ah, but my monk is backed by the remains of his uber-team so while you cast your piddly spells, my rogue has snuck up and backstabbed yon mage to an early death

i will say, on a serious note, that the mage does become very powerful towards the end-game, some of the high level abilities are pretty crazy (although the rogues use any item is super handy as well level 8 spell scroll anyone??)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jul 2006, 12:17

stefan.urlus wrote:ah, but my monk is backed by the remains of his uber-team so while you cast your piddly spells, my rogue has snuck up and backstabbed yon mage to an early death

i will say, on a serious note, that the mage does become very powerful towards the end-game, some of the high level abilities are pretty crazy (although the rogues use any item is super handy as well level 8 spell scroll anyone??)
Uberpowerfull indeed.I remember my first encounter with the wail of the banshe.It was ID2 and I ran towards a lich,and then 4 of my characters just fell dead 8| After that,I simply fell in love with that spell.

Oh,and about uber teams,mass haste on mages henchmen and voila!Add a couple of powerfull summons here,and its even better.

Btw,when speaking of NWN,what did you do with the devil in the end?I decided to rule the world with him as my servant,bound by his true name :devil: But I also tried the ending of making him a made in my in :loll:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jul 2006, 12:58

DaemianLucifer wrote: Btw,when speaking of NWN,what did you do with the devil in the end?I decided to rule the world with him as my servant,bound by his true name :devil: But I also tried the ending of making him a made in my in :loll:
Didn't manage to kill him the first 3 times, so i kinda quit. How do you defeat him?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jul 2006, 13:49

ThunderTitan wrote: Didn't manage to kill him the first 3 times, so i kinda quit. How do you defeat him?
Well,you just fight him until he dies,which is extremly hard.It took me all of my spells,and about 20 minutes of fighting,with loads of potions until I killed him.The easier way is to find out what his true name is.In order to do that you have to find out the knower of names true name first,and then force her to tell you his true name.Then you can do with him whatever you want.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jul 2006, 14:04

DaemianLucifer wrote:Then you can do with him whatever you want.
OK, I did that and i don't recall it working. Damn weird.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jul 2006, 14:10

ThunderTitan wrote: OK, I did that and i don't recall it working. Damn weird.
Really?Then open the map with the editor and check out his dialog.Maybe you did something wrong,or maybe its a bug.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jul 2006, 14:15

Meh, it's been a long time. I might be wrong.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 19 Jul 2006, 16:42

It's a lot easier if you find his True Name. I think it'll cost you close to 800,000 gold though. Fighting him isn't too terrible, but it is tedious when you have to dodge the flood attacks.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Jul 2006, 04:12

without the challenge, where is the fun .... but i have to confess that i did not finish the game

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 16 Aug 2006, 12:15

stefan.urlus wrote:without the challenge, where is the fun .... but i have to confess that i did not finish the game
finishing the game should be very easy if I remember correctly.

BTW, what game did you talk about ?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Aug 2006, 02:55

i was talking about ID II ... specifically in regards to the trials of the luremasters addon - that was tough
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”