Why is there a limitation in the cities?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 23 Jun 2006, 07:49

agreed GC, i actually read that in the manual, then forgot about it, was checking what all the buttons did in the various interfaces and WOW, a detailed view .... how groovy

Doxas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Doxas » 23 Jun 2006, 07:50

Gaidal Cain wrote:Besides, it's not like that button is invisible until you read the manual...
exactly, evenmore the interface is so simplified, that it is even hard to miss any buttons. Though I like old interface much much more.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Jun 2006, 13:04

Bandobras Took wrote:I don't mind legitimate complaints about the game, but not knowing about the expandable town view comes from not reading the manual.
Or being dropped on the head when they were wee ones. How hard is it to test those bloody 6 buttons. I'm gonna assume it's easier then logging on and posting on a forum.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 23 Jun 2006, 13:08

I agree. But then, in the first place, what the hell is there a simple/detailed button in the first place? Why would anyone NOT want the detailed view? And even if they did, why on earth would it justify creating a button just to hide a couple of options? That's beyond me.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 23 Jun 2006, 13:21

Gus wrote:I agree. But then, in the first place, what the hell is there a simple/detailed button in the first place? Why would anyone NOT want the detailed view? And even if they did, why on earth would it justify creating a button just to hide a couple of options? That's beyond me.
I like the simple button; once I know what I won't ever be able to buy; I like having the view reduced to the things I currently have the potential to buy.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Jun 2006, 13:26

Gus wrote:I agree. But then, in the first place, what the hell is there a simple/detailed button in the first place? Why would anyone NOT want the detailed view? And even if they did, why on earth would it justify creating a button just to hide a couple of options? That's beyond me.
Isnt it obvious?Its there to speed up gameplay.You know how long it takes for you to look at those buldings you arent able to buy.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Jun 2006, 13:28

I prefer the simple view, but that might be because i don't like how the building icons look, especialy when they're all red.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 23 Jun 2006, 13:49

Well, TT, i don't understand why you prefer the "less info"-option this time =)

What you can't build is Red, what you can is not. In simple, they simply remove the Red things. That way, you cannot see what you will unlock when building. That's so similar to the "no documentation on skills you will unlock" that i don't get why you're so strongly in favour of one and use the other.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Jun 2006, 14:01

The problem isnt that there is less/more info button.The problem is that less info is the default.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Jun 2006, 15:02

Gus wrote:Well, TT, i don't understand why you prefer the "less info"-option this time =)
I don't know, the way the full option looks annoys me (if i could only have 1 I would chose the "full" one, i just don't like its look). But DL is right, it should be on "more info" by default.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”