I was right!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
HMMFan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HMMFan » 06 Jun 2006, 17:18

<chuckle> Well, the original poster is not "right" about anything. He also isn't wrong either. More accurately, he feels that the final product merely confirms his initial opinion of the game. As opinions go, he is free to have them, but they don't apply to me, nor do I share his opinion of the game. For me, I like the graphics, and I have absolutely no problem with the UI or the camera. I seem to wield it without problem.

So, where does this leave us? I am a happy customer, and he is not. That's fine, but it certainly does not mean either he is or I am "right." It is too bad that Ubi/Nival did not produce a game that he would like, but that's the breaks.

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 07 Jun 2006, 08:04

Marzhin wrote:
Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:2-3 Graphics is a mater of taste. While I am not a big anime fan I don't have a problem with the way the characters are portrayed.
Especially since H5 graphics has absolutely nothing to do with anime. It's more like european comics such as Lanfeust de Troy (not to mention the Black Moon Chronicles)
Sigh!

You are right. I just hate all the jap. cartoon thingy. I quess I hate
European too :-/

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 07 Jun 2006, 08:13

Entreri wrote:OMFG how can u say that HoMMV stinks!!!Its great the old sistem of battle has been re-introduced and a bit upgraded.The town interface is awsome also cuz u can rotate the camera and also the towns look fantastic.Like Sir Alok said this is a HoMMV fan site and u seem to be just a angry kid AND FFS ITS NOT ANIME LOOK!!!!! :beheading:
Well I remember the how the feeling of Wow the others in the series
gave me... I even somewhat enjoyed number 4. Number 5 gave me
a feeling of "Nooo this is SHIT, How is this possible?"

I know that this is a fan-site.. And?

Someone else just told me that it is not anime look, ok, it just
looks kidde and horrible then. And before i forget,, the silly animations
on attacs and the like is so god damn consolepuke...

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 07 Jun 2006, 08:29

Sir Alock wrote: Well...I won't go into your semi-Troll post. If you don't have the "retail" game, then you'll never know what HoMMV is all about! We'll have patches & add-ons etc. to give the series more spice down the road.

Alex
I dont belive that the "trail-version" will differ much from the retail.
I also dont think it is bad to go the "try before you buy" route after
the general downfall in pcgames quality of today.

If H5 has been the great game I hoped for, then I would have
cashed out the retail from the shop. But it was, imho, NOT great...
not even mediocre.. Just plain BAD.

But maybe patches and other add-ons will save it. We will see.
Maybe Nival will do the Bethesda-greed thingy and make you
pay for shitty useless add-ons? Naaa they cant be that bad.....

Mirage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mirage » 07 Jun 2006, 15:37

I am a happy customer and have enjoyed this game a great deal. I have no problems with using the camera, there is still that soul of homm in this game which is what I enjoy the most.

Even if you don't like the graphics this is still a Heroes game in every other respect and plays and feels just like a heroes game. People that hate this game because of the graphics are no better than people that hate the Homm2 because of the graphics. If you actually enjoy Heroes for the gameplay and the feel of the series then any true fan will enjoy this game in my opinion as well. I sure am.

Elog
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Elog » 07 Jun 2006, 17:19

I actually like HOMM V alot (I have played the entire series). I enjoy the new graphics, the changes to the skill system, that the end-game creatures are not so dominating and that ranged stacks are limited in terms of dmg power.

And those that comment the graphics are not realising that they are complete rip-offs from Warhammer - Empire, Wood Elves, Chaos, Dark Elves and Vampire Counts. They are identical. And I really mean identical. I think Games Workshop can sue them tbh. :)

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 07 Jun 2006, 17:51

Elog wrote:And those that comment the graphics are not realising that they are complete rip-offs from Warhammer - Empire, Wood Elves, Chaos, Dark Elves and Vampire Counts. They are identical. And I really mean identical. I think Games Workshop can sue them tbh. :)
Well, considering Warhammer itself was a rip-off of D&D...

Elog
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Elog » 07 Jun 2006, 18:02

Wolfshanze wrote:
Elog wrote:And those that comment the graphics are not realising that they are complete rip-offs from Warhammer - Empire, Wood Elves, Chaos, Dark Elves and Vampire Counts. They are identical. And I really mean identical. I think Games Workshop can sue them tbh. :)
Well, considering Warhammer itself was a rip-off of D&D...
Actually - the fantasy concept is hardly even D&D is just Northern European folklore through Tolkien. My point is that every unit, every graphical detail such as colour, insignias and icons etc is straight off Warhammer. Check it out and you will know what I mean.

/ Elog

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Jun 2006, 18:41

Elog wrote:Actually - the fantasy concept is hardly even D&D is just Northern European folklore through Tolkien. My point is that every unit, every graphical detail such as colour, insignias and icons etc is straight off Warhammer. Check it out and you will know what I mean.

/ Elog
Im not sure...Those demons look way like WCIII to me.Did WH have that style in it?

Elog
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Elog » 07 Jun 2006, 18:53

You are right about the demon - the posture is WC and the iconography is GW (it is the mark of Chaos from the GW games that forms the weapon).

/ Elog

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Jun 2006, 20:06

Elog wrote: And those that comment the graphics are not realising that they are complete rip-offs from Warhammer - Empire, Wood Elves, Chaos, Dark Elves and Vampire Counts. They are identical. And I really mean identical. I think Games Workshop can sue them tbh. :)
We noticed. Warcraft is also heavily inspired by WH, but not as noticeable as H5. And the DE matriachy is the D&D part, as are the dragon gods (Eberron).

Creature design = WH, with WC3 graphics. Story = various D&D settings.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 08 Jun 2006, 07:10

Mirage wrote:If you actually enjoy Heroes for the gameplay and the feel of the series then any true fan will enjoy this game in my opinion as well. I sure am.
But that is the worst thing of it.. The "just one more turn" feeling is
missing. IMHO. I think that the "slowness" of the game is somewhat
to blame for this. Together with all the other faults.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 07:36

Laserluger wrote:But that is the worst thing of it.. The "just one more turn" feeling is
Which is rather weird,since they said theyll speed up the game.BF is smaller,yet battles seem to take longer. :|

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 08 Jun 2006, 07:46

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Laserluger wrote:But that is the worst thing of it.. The "just one more turn" feeling is
Which is rather weird,since they said theyll speed up the game.BF is smaller,yet battles seem to take longer. :|
I was mostly thinking about the overland, not the battlefield.

The battlefield just seems "weird" to me.. but I guess that the memory
of the preveous games in the series is to blame about that.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 07:56

Laserluger wrote:I was mostly thinking about the overland, not the battlefield.
I was talking about both.Adventure map is somehow sluggish(I blame the camera mostly),and so is town building.
Laserluger wrote: The battlefield just seems "weird" to me.. but I guess that the memory
of the preveous games in the series is to blame about that.
Nah,its not just weird compared to previous heroes,its just plain weird.

JeffWaldoo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JeffWaldoo » 08 Jun 2006, 10:21

Heroes V is a masterpiece, period.

(A few bugs here and there, i would have liked the fog of war to follow my move more in sync a la Heroes 2 - 3 - 4)

Beyond that anyone complaining that this game "sucks" is probably a paid agent to post derogatory internet messages on gaming sites.

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 08 Jun 2006, 10:25

JeffWaldoo wrote:Heroes V is a masterpiece, period.

(A few bugs here and there, i would have liked the fog of war to follow my move more in sync a la Heroes 2 - 3 - 4)

Beyond that anyone complaining that this game "sucks" is probably a paid agent to post derogatory internet messages on gaming sites.
Aaah I luv the smell of fanboiism in the middle of the day :-)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 12:00

JeffWaldoo wrote:Beyond that anyone complaining that this game "sucks" is probably a paid agent to post derogatory internet messages on gaming sites.
People get paid for doing this? :| Mane,have they screwd me over!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jun 2006, 12:08

DaemianLucifer wrote: People get paid for doing this? :| Mane,have they screwd me over!
If they get paid per whine they just couldn't afford us, that's all. :devil:

H5 is the Gioconda with parts of her face missing.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 08 Jun 2006, 12:25

DaemianLucifer wrote:
JeffWaldoo wrote:Beyond that anyone complaining that this game "sucks" is probably a paid agent to post derogatory internet messages on gaming sites.
People get paid for doing this? :| Mane,have they screwd me over!
As a agent of the ANWOGS (Angry Norwegians whining on gaming sites),
I can tell that the pay is not good enough. 1 NOK pr whineing,
it may be worth it for an Serb tho as our currency kicks your currency`s ass

:-)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”