Patch Change Discussion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 07 Jun 2006, 12:16

can anyone confirm how the Easy setting works? does the AI actually play dumber or does it simply get less starting resources and bonuses during the game? i think probably the latter.

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 07 Jun 2006, 12:40

Paradox wrote:can anyone confirm how the Easy setting works? does the AI actually play dumber or does it simply get less starting resources and bonuses during the game? i think probably the latter.
Not sure on its exact resources, but here are some interesting points:
  • Doesn't cast spells higher than lvl 3 in combat.
  • Centers area spells on creatures in combat, which is dumb.
  • Can only build every other day, even if it has the resources.
  • Does not check if towns are in danger.
  • Considers threats from 2-days distances.
  • Has a 0.5 creature growth multiplier.
  • Has a 0.5 income multiplier.
This is from data files, i.e. can't really confirm how this works out in the open.

An interesting sidenote: the AI values luck twice over morale, on all difficulty settings... scary.

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 07 Jun 2006, 13:03

Is the new mapeditor easy to use? I mean; it is a lot about H5 that I
do not like but a nice and easy to use mapeditor may make the
game a little bit more interesting, and maybe justifying a buy?

Not that I intend to make any maps, but others do and that is
something that saved H4.

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 07 Jun 2006, 13:07

Laserluger wrote:Is the new mapeditor easy to use?
It's as easy as waving your hand in thin air.

The thing is... there is none.

It's expected at August at the latest, i.e. soon™.

5il3nc3r
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby 5il3nc3r » 07 Jun 2006, 13:30

theGryphon wrote:"Fixed prerequisites for Urgash's Call, it was impossible to take it." does anyone know about this? What are the new prerequisites?
I managed to get it previously. I don't know what they changed, but I was able to get urgash's call before the patch.
Maybe they called it impossible to get because you needed too much of a high level to reach it?

I did obtain it on level 30-something...

5il
The pen is deadlier than the sword;
if the pen is very sharp and the sword very short.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 07 Jun 2006, 13:58

Gaidal Cain wrote: As for the whole Demon thing- there are some files in the p0-data.pak files that seems to suggest that they've done something to the demons.
We already discussed this earlier in the thread.

"Fixed Demon Character" listed in the patch is this:

They changed Jezebel's appearence from a Succubi to a Demon Lord. That's it.

It has nothing to do with the Horned Demon stats (unchanged) or Horned Demon icon.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Jun 2006, 14:24

No? then tell me why there's four files in p0-data.pak_(Model)\Creatures\Inferno that's named something with "Demon" in them? As I said, I found it while exploring the data files. Just because you didn't notice whatever they did doesn't mean they didn't do anything, just that it might be hard to spot.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 07 Jun 2006, 14:52

Those four files are pretty strange; first of all, three of them are identical. Only one of them is referred by the main model file, the 4.2 version. I'm guessing there was a structure error present pre-patch.

Might as well remove the two extra "lambert" files and see what happens. :D

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 07 Jun 2006, 16:32

addicted wrote:
soupnazii wrote:
addicted wrote:5. In the fix list, it also states, quote: "The Expansion campaign map multiple fixes added (hero skills, messages, added guards)." Unquote.. What Expansion? :|
name of a campaign map, apparently...
soupnazii wrote:
Also, if you really cant stand going back to your castle every week for new creatures, do one of the following:
1: only come back every few weeks, getting more reinforcements each time ans also getting less casualties overall (the ones who would be out dying are safe in the castle). or the much more popular
2: get a second hero just to go back and forth between your and the castle each week supplying you with creatures.
hope ive been helpful.
Yes, soupnazii, you were helpful.. thanx.. I had already did the latter.. ;)
I personally use option 3:
Gain a few levels, build to guild level 3, and use summon creature.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 07 Jun 2006, 17:47

Gaidal Cain wrote:No? then tell me why there's four files in p0-data.pak_(Model)\Creatures\Inferno that's named something with "Demon" in them? As I said, I found it while exploring the data files. Just because you didn't notice whatever they did doesn't mean they didn't do anything, just that it might be hard to spot.
No... you're assuming again... I saw the same files myself (posted it earlier if you would ever notice).

I've also looked over the Horned Demon, the Horned Oversear, their stats, and their models in v1.1.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED. STATS ARE IDENTICAL TO v1.1, MODEL IS THE SAME.

Once again, I posted this earlier too... not that you noticed that either.

Please tell me, what got changed with the Demons since you're so sure the Demons were changed?!?! They stated "Demon Character Fixed"... they're refering to Jezebel using the Demon Lord model.

Even if by some odd chance they did change something with the demons, I'm sure it's so small, and so minute, NOBODY can tell... because if anybody could, someone would be all over it like fat to a mother-in-law saying "see, see... you're wrong about Demons".

Simple fact is... Demons are UNCHANGED... nuff said.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 07 Jun 2006, 17:54

As for Demon Character fix, Skullmane from CH News 'talkback' mentioned it might be Erasial not coming with Herald of Death. That could be it...will try to play later and check. Iirc, he was available in first Inferno mission.

EDIT: Guess not. Can't find tavern there now. If it was ever there...

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Jun 2006, 19:40

Wolfshanze wrote: No... you're assuming again... I saw the same files myself (posted it earlier if you would ever notice).
Then you didn't bother to compare them to the older ones.
From what I can see, they seem to have changed how the demon is placed in a square (parameters named "Size", "Center", and "BestFitPoint" have been adjusted). There are some parameters that are harder to see what they do that has been changed- "averagecolor", and"width" and "height", that has been increased 256 to 512.
NOTHING HAS CHANGED. STATS ARE IDENTICAL TO v1.1, MODEL IS THE SAME.
My hearing is fine, thank you. No need to shout.
Once again, I posted this earlier too... not that you noticed that either.
I read, checked up myself, and came to the conclusion that you're wrong.
And I'd prefer if you'd stop with all these ad hominem arguments.
They stated "Demon Character Fixed"... they're refering to Jezebel using the Demon Lord model.
Hmm. I can see two changes: one that adjusts a creature called "Horned demon", and one that adjusts a hero, that has a name of her own. I believe is that they're referring to the first. Unless you can get someone from Ubi or Nival to make a statement, I'll continue to do so.
Even if by some odd chance they did change something with the demons, I'm sure it's so small, and so minute, NOBODY can tell... because if anybody could, someone would be all over it like fat to a mother-in-law saying "see, see... you're wrong about Demons".

You're probably right that nobody would have noticed if the pak files weren't so easily accesible, but they still have adjusted the demon model.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

unreal_az
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby unreal_az » 07 Jun 2006, 21:26

Differnce between models:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/u ... atched.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/u ... rginal.jpg
From what i see the cape colour modifed and the thorns on the hands are a little bigger in the patched version.
Another difference you may notice is the amount of troops between the normal and easy diff.

Btw another change, for me quite important o_O. When the hero moves you stop it with space or LEFT click. With Right click you can now look around the beautyfull and 2 fps max scenery :).

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 07 Jun 2006, 21:39

Heck I can't tell the differance in the Shadow Witch model... even when you say what I'm looking for!

I also noticed that with the hero movement... I used to stop them with a right click, now it doesn't work. Weird.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 07 Jun 2006, 21:50

well, i think the most obvious difference here is the different cape color, i dont know how you could have missed that one, both of you... also, correct me if im wrong, but i think that the whip is a bit less stiff now... i cant tell whats different abou the hands/thorns though...
Last edited by soupnazii on 07 Jun 2006, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 07 Jun 2006, 22:05

Maybe I'm seeing things but I think the patch optimalized the game a bit. It now runs faster :)
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 07 Jun 2006, 22:05

soupnazii wrote:well, i think the most obvious difference here is the different cape color, i dont know how you could have missed that one, both of you... also, remind me if im wrong, but i think that the whip is a bit less stiff now... i cant tell whats different abou the hands/thorns though...
The lighting probably has more to do with the cape then anything else... notice the "white" cape is in better lighting conditions, while the "dark" cape is in poorer lighting.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 07 Jun 2006, 22:23

i dont think it would have changed it so much as to make it white though...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 05:19

unreal_az wrote:Differnce between models:
From what i see the cape colour modifed and the thorns on the hands are a little bigger in the patched version.
Wow,such a radical change!
unreal_az wrote: Btw another change, for me quite important o_O. When the hero moves you stop it with space or LEFT click. With Right click you can now look around the beautyfull and 2 fps max scenery :).
You can do this without a patch as well.The only thing is that left click plots a new path.

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 08 Jun 2006, 11:57

DaemianLucifer wrote:
unreal_az wrote:Differnce between models:
Wow,such a radical change!
No one said it would be a "radical change". Jesus, why do you have to whine about everything?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”