Might & Magic 9 / IX - Widescreen and FOV

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
AlphaYellow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might & Magic 9 / IX - Widescreen and FOV

Unread postby AlphaYellow » 14 May 2024, 02:54

Hi everyone,

So I decided to check out MM9 after so long, and found out the game only shows the menus properly if the height stays at 600 pixels, so at 4:3 it's 800x600, at 16:9 it's 1066x600 (roughly), but I want it to run at any resolution without breaking the menus. After doing some manual patching, I managed to fix the FOV, but I wanted to add widescreen support as well without breaking the menu texts, icons and in-game HUD. Here's the link for the FOV fix: https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/file ... x-fov-fix/ (join the "community.pcgamingwiki" with ".com", since the forum doesn't allow posting direct URLs for some reason).

Could someone help me fix the HUD and texts, and allow the game to be played at any resolution? It seems to be possible from the modding tools I saw for LithTech.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Might & Magic 9 / IX - Widescreen and FOV

Unread postby Pol » 16 May 2024, 12:24

Great work!

PS It does but you need to have more than a three posts. It's some silly modification, which works only against humans it seems.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

AlphaYellow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might & Magic 9 / IX - Widescreen and FOV

Unread postby AlphaYellow » 19 May 2024, 13:13

Pol wrote: 16 May 2024, 12:24 Great work!

PS It does but you need to have more than a three posts. It's some silly modification, which works only against humans it seems.
Thanks a lot. I see, thanks for letting me know, I was finding it weird :)

Return to “Might and Magic”