Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Feb 2011, 07:50

So, anyone else try this game?!

I played the demo for a bit and damn, it's actually scary (the insanity wobble thing make me nauseous though)...

You should do yourself a favour at least try it out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300 ... _151_150_1
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Unread postby Humakt » 28 Feb 2011, 16:43

ThunderTitan wrote:So, anyone else try this game?!

I played the demo for a bit and damn, it's actually scary (the insanity wobble thing make me nauseous though)...

You should do yourself a favour at least try it out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300 ... _151_150_1
I have it. It is alright I guess.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 28 Feb 2011, 16:59

It's a fantastic game. A true horror unlike some that call themselves that (I'm looking at you, action shooter Dead Space 1/2).
Infiltrator out.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Mar 2011, 20:40

Well in Dead Space's defence, it's hard to be scared of monsters when you can murder them in various fun ways... no scary movie would be scary if one of the teenagers was Rambo or Chuck Norris...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 03 Mar 2011, 20:43

That's exactly what's making it not scary, apart from the fact that monsters are so much in your face it starts to be humorous instead of horrific. Like from the very start of DS2, that guy who gets necromorph'd, he just screems and pukes at you for a good 10 seconds I almost pissed myself laughing.
Infiltrator out.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Mar 2011, 21:48

Well that's another thing, and obviously i can't defend that. too many people nowadays seem to confuse gore with horror...

BTW, i remember that the scariest part of Unreal 1 was at the start when you had no weapon and there where no enemies, but you didn't know that the 1st time around...

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 04 Mar 2011, 00:13

I never played the original Unreal, started with UT.

As for horror and weapons, The Undying did quite a good job at keeping you scared despite giving you weapons AND magic.
Infiltrator out.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Mar 2011, 19:22

Infiltrator wrote: As for horror and weapons, The Undying did quite a good job at keeping you scared despite giving you weapons AND magic.
What are you talking about... once i had the Scythe of the Celt i was a god of death and they all feared me instead of the other way around.

And the scary parts as i recall where mostly when you weren't fighting things but having visions and stuff.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”