Might and Magic Quotes

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Might and Magic Quotes

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 03 Nov 2007, 18:40

Do you have any favorite quotes in any of the Might and Magic games? Here are some I liked:

“…you better act like snipers if you expect to defeat the Titans. A toe to toe...or should I say head to knee fight won't go well for you." --Steagal Snick

“Fortunately for us, dead men do indeed tell tales. Better, in fact, than living ones--dead men never forget, never refuse to talk, and never lie.” --Halfgild Wynac

"Having chosen the path of Light, you are not suited to become Liches. The Ritual would reject you, and you would die a real death. If that is what you want, you certainly don't need my help…" --Halfgild Wynac

"So…The new lords of Harmondale I have before me. Not impressed. Doubt other kings think much of you either.” --Hothfarr IX

“I wish I could truthfully say this is the most shocking treason I have ever witnessed, but unfortunately, it's not. " --Queen Catherine

“Trust, but verify!” --Eldrich Parson

“It must be done eventually, and sooner is better than later, but later is better than being chained to an altar and sacrificed by the High Priest of the Dark in one of their bloody rituals. " --Resurectra

Anyone else know of any good ones? You don't have to limit yourself to MMVII, of course, any MM game will work.

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 03 Nov 2007, 19:41

I vote for everything the sleazy, black male player character in M&M 7 says.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 03 Nov 2007, 20:01

Suleman wrote:I vote for everything the sleazy, black male player character in M&M 7 says.
He looks like an arab to me, but anyway, I agree that he's the coolest (and coldest) playable character in MM7. I think he also does the voice of Devlin Arcanus in MM8 (starting Necromancer in inn).

Like the original poster, I also love when you meet the trainers of opposite alignment once you've made your choice. The Ninja and Champion threaten to kill you, and the Villain doesn't say anything, he attacks you on sight.

The Druid quote is my favorite though.
"Servants of Darkness, I am sorry I promoted you earlier. I am ashamed I didn't notice the darkness in your souls until it was too late. Leave me."
Last edited by UndeadHalfOrc on 03 Nov 2007, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 03 Nov 2007, 20:03

I like some from games cutscenes:

- "They came from dephts of the Void an ancient Enemy of an ancient People..."

- "Do not belive you won. Soon the Ironfist will loose it's grip and I will be your king. And you can be sure I wont forget you." - Slicker Silvertounge

- Don't remember directly quote - lieutenat Piridac and Archie conversation - when Archie ask Piridac to reapet what he said, lieutenat said how he kill two Elves with one arrow. :D

- Deftclaw Redreaver monologue after he get back his egg.

- Last words of Escaton.

- Markham words describes your castle after winning contest (he mention something about "good ventilation in castle").

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 03 Nov 2007, 22:08

Hear ye hear ye
The Emerald Island Scavenger Hunt is about to begin
A list of objects has been given to all contestants
The winner of the contest is entitled to Castle Harmondy and the surrounding lands.
But, be careful! Emerald Island can be dangerous.
Last night, three contestants disappered and we are concerned for their safety.
Please be on the lookout for the missing contestants. If you find a piece of equipment in the woods, return it at once as a clue! It may save their lives.
Some say that a monster is loose on the island and maybe hiding in one of the caves.
There have been reports, hehe, that the monster may be a dragon. If you see it... run for your lives!

Just wrote that from memory, so it might be inaccurate.

I'm baaaaaack!

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 04 Nov 2007, 00:09

Another nice topic. It's late, so I'll just throw down a few...

THAT WAS AWESOME! You did it! And now the single greatest threat to our plans is gone! We will be Kings of the World! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Ah ha ha. Yes. Well, good job. --Kastore

Lord Haart has decided to play a little nastier than I anticipated. He has left four capable heroes to guard his castles. The pompous prig! --Sandro

I dunked a pack of Troglodytes in tar, threw feathers over them, and told them that they were Harpies now. I even made a Minotaur wear a woman's dress. --Tarnum

Oh, no. Traitors! Traitors and conspirators everywhere! --Regent Wilbur Humphrey

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 04 Nov 2007, 12:28

- Last words of Escaton.
Could someone write them down?

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 04 Nov 2007, 13:55

A small robot comes out of Escaton's chest.

Escaton: "Tell them... I have failed!"

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 04 Nov 2007, 19:09

Definetely the skeletal ferryman of souls' monologue in MMVI.

Brandaan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Brandaan » 05 Nov 2007, 12:34

"Greetings, and salutations!" :wave:

"Live long and prosper!" :angel:

NWC definately had some Trekkies on board.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Nov 2007, 17:10

Secret_Holder wrote:Definetely the skeletal ferryman of souls' monologue in MMVI.
The what? I don't remember that part.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 05 Nov 2007, 17:19

8|
So you never died even once in MM6?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 05 Nov 2007, 17:50

I do believe we're referring to this fine chap. This wonderful scene is what happens to you if you don't worship the Barbarian Ancestors...

DEATH

"Though eternity lies before thee, thy work in the land of the living is not done. Return, brave ones. I am certain we will meet again." <chuckles>

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Nov 2007, 18:09

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:8|
Lol. I play with the sound off.

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 05 Nov 2007, 19:33

PhoenixReborn wrote:
UndeadHalfOrc wrote:8|
Lol. I play with the sound off.
8|

I'm baaaaaack!

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 05 Nov 2007, 19:38

"Though eternity lies before thee, thy work in the land of the living is not done. Return, brave ones. I am certain we will meet again." <chuckles>
That scene is classic! :-D

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 Nov 2007, 10:46

Another classic:

- Admit your defeat Corak.
- I do. Iniciate self-destruct. Code 0-0-1.
- What? No! Noo...

"I am Sandro, the most accomplished sorceror to ever live in Xeen." - Sandro (the Megalomaniac)

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 08 Nov 2007, 12:34

"We can shit on you from such a height, that you'll think God himself has crapped on you."
... sorry, wrong game :D

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 02 May 2012, 14:18

I am Sheltem, Guardian of Terra.

Twice now you have defeated my tests, thinking yourself worthy of invading my world. Walk carefully, then, through this third challenge. And take heed your final decision is truly what you desire, for the course of destiny cannot be turned, once set in motion.

Until our next meeting, mortals.

- Sheltem the Dark
Last edited by XEL II on 04 May 2012, 21:43, edited 3 times in total.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 02 May 2012, 16:10

I forget her name, but the woman you capture for the Villain promotion quest in M&M7 has the most revealing quote when you first talk to her.

"You don't look like Williams normal people".

So how many times exactly has that poor girl been kidnapped and rescued by crusaders seeking promotions to Heroes and Villains?

And doesn't that show that the the guy promoting people to Heroes is perhaps, evil, for possibly making such a deal with the Villain trainer for them both to keep telling students to rescue and capture the same girl?

And perhaps the Hero trainer is secretly really pissed off at you if you kill William Setag in your rescue, because now he has to find someone else kidnapping rich noble girls for him to send students off to rescue the girls from.

Return to “Might and Magic”