Haunt Mines Exploit?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Haunt Mines Exploit?

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 01 Feb 2006, 01:13

So I played as a Necromancer and got the Haunt Mines skill for my hero at level 2. I then flagged a mine and noticed it got 5 Manes as guardians.

I could take them out of the garrison and put them in my army. Is this an exploit, or did they really mean to give you five free L3s just for flagging a mine?
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 01 Feb 2006, 02:21

That sounds like a bug to me. Those Manes probably shouldn't be removable from the garrison.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 01 Feb 2006, 07:48

Depends. One could see it as a bonus one gets from flagging mines, and so it's more a question of whether 5 manes are too many. On the other hand, if the AI can't handle the situation, an exploit would be to constantly lure the AI to flag some unimportant mine and immedeately retake them and get the manes.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 01 Feb 2006, 17:46

Gaidal Cain wrote:Depends. One could see it as a bonus one gets from flagging mines, and so it's more a question of whether 5 manes are too many. On the other hand, if the AI can't handle the situation, an exploit would be to constantly lure the AI to flag some unimportant mine and immedeately retake them and get the manes.
Which is the A.I. programmers job to deal with.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”