King´s Bounty Trailer and Shots

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 26 Apr 2007, 18:00

WhiteRider: Check pic 3 and you'll see small smileys downleft in their portraits :)

arkantos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby arkantos » 26 Apr 2007, 18:08

I saw them as well, perhaps it is to indicate their morale?!
Edited on Thu, Apr 26 2007, 12:53 by arkantos

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 26 Apr 2007, 21:22

Campaigner: anything looks better then the Heroes V TreeAnt though. Even the trees outside my window.
Amen to that. :D When I thought things cannot go worse between the Open Beta and the release, they came up with that Treant...

Anyway, nice comments Campaigner. I agree with most, except for one (but I guess we'll never agree on that): blood. I'm happy there isn't any, you're not. Matter of taste I guess. I hate gore. One thing I liked about 300, was that - in spite of all the violence, beheadings & stuff - my wife enjoyed it to my surprise. Reason: no gore to turn your stomach upside down. I guess I'll never understand those who draw pleasure from that, and I'm happy to see there isn't any in KB-TL. If they add it, I hope it'll be optional.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

WhiteRider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WhiteRider » 27 Apr 2007, 10:33

@campaigner, I dont know what these faces are, I noticed that the two stacks of clerics have different faces. If it is morale and these all are human stacks why they differ? It is something else, maybe conected to rage? if you attack more often in battles with a stack you gain more rage (which is strangly familiar with the announced ork ability in hmm5 expansion, the only flaw is that the information about the rage ability is from months in the kingsbounty.ru web page)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Apr 2007, 11:44

@Zam
Red pixels turn your stomach upside down?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 27 Apr 2007, 16:46

Red pixels turn your stomach upside down?!
Might be, my sotmach was almost turned upside down when i saw Homm V treants.

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 27 Apr 2007, 19:59

looks good. I hope it will be great game.

I think that H5 creature models looks much better though. I mean look at the Unicorn it looks they took it out of Barbie fairy tale story or something... :/

KingImp, i dont see how you can say that it looks way better (graphically) than H5. Well beauty is in the eyes of the beholder i guess...

to everyone its own but i care much more about Gameplay!

Metal Wolf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Metal Wolf » 27 Apr 2007, 20:29

@campaigner

about pic 15, its not about making a choice - it describes the enemy you are facing: 107 poisonous spiders and 40 cave spiders...

same goes for pic 20
Edited on Fri, Apr 27 2007, 13:57 by Metal Wolf

Metal Wolf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Metal Wolf » 27 Apr 2007, 20:38

oh and another thing:

Now that it seems there will be only 5 creatures per faction, I hope that the balance between each tier will be more like in heroes 2 (meaning there will be no huge difference in power between "neighbouring" tiers - what will lead to extended use of low-tier creatures in the a mid-end game as well, and not because of their huge numbers). This is something I missed in every Heroes title since 2 (especially bothered me in H3), hopefully I'm right about it...

Metal Wolf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Metal Wolf » 27 Apr 2007, 20:48

oh and another thing:

Now that it seems there will be only 5 creatures per faction, I hope that the balance between each tier will be more like in heroes 2 (meaning there will be no huge difference in power between "neighbouring" tiers - what will lead to extended use of low-tier creatures in the a mid-end game as well, and not because of their huge numbers). This is something I missed in every Heroes title since 2 (especially bothered me in H3), hopefully I'm right about it...

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Re: King´s Bounty Trailer and Shots

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 27 Apr 2007, 21:40

Metal Wolf wrote:oh and another thing:

I think there is a big difference in that between H3 and H5. Almost always lower tier and even 1st tier creatures come in handy in H5 imo.

Anyway this game in Battle Phase looks much more like Disciples than Heroes...

Metal Wolf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Metal Wolf » 28 Apr 2007, 13:26

"I think there is a big difference in that between H3 and H5. Almost always lower tier and even 1st tier creatures come in handy in H5 imo. "

I agree to some extent... in H5 this feature is much closer to H2's than H3's - but still till, in H5 the great numbers of the low-tier creatures (and their low cost) made them definately worthy (in H3 it wasnt worth it anyway as soon as you had high-tier creatures...In H2 it wasnt about the numbers, the difference in power between neighbouring tiers was almost as if they were an unupgraded and an upgraded version of the same tier.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 29 Apr 2007, 02:16

Zam: When I think about it, it depends on the game. With cartoony characters as in Heroes II or this Kings Bounty game blood might not fit. But in Age of Wonders it was cool as there came a few spots everytime you hit a unit and an expanding small pool when a unit died. I guess it was selectable.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 Apr 2007, 21:07

Most of the units looks great, the phoenix looks just as amazing as the planned one for H5 from NWC, the dragons too, and the black dragon realy looks black! The battlefield, the graphics, spells etc looks good enough. I feel this game gonna be a blast! Andd i hope its not gonna be a resource hog :|

Yeah and the succubies looks hotter than those in H5 ;p
Edited on Mon, Apr 30 2007, 14:25 by Orfinn

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 01 May 2007, 03:20

Do these Dragons look cute or what? The way they arc their neck :)

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 01 May 2007, 15:15

I've tried to view the video on several computers, with multiple video players, but I keep getting bad / missing codec errors when trying to play it. Anyone else have this problem?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 May 2007, 15:20

At least you can d/l the damn trailer.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 01 May 2007, 15:56

Definitely eye-candy, and definitely looks promising. Let's hope it turns out well.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 May 2007, 18:10

Return to “News”