Fabrice Q&A - the Expansion and the Future

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 14 Nov 2006, 00:29

The Mad Dragon wrote:CH record?
Most replies. No way I'll ever be able to read all this 8|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Q&A: the Expansion and the Future

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Nov 2006, 00:32

Gaping_MAW wrote: Why keep whinging on here about it? Do you think people like seeing your same rants over and over. Make your point, then be quiet about it. Your repeated negative posts (read: whines) only hurt the game's community... how will that help fix the game up to your standards?

You also seem to live in la-la land. Games are made on limited time and money. They will never be perfect. Of course they will use an expansion to bring in more revenue to add more features. That's how it works. If you don't like it, make your own game, or don't buy any :) , but please stop hurting my eyes with your repeated tirades.
Ah,but posts get shoved down by the new ones,and there are always new members that dont know me :devil: Plus I dont have only negative posts,want me to pull the links again?
Gaping_MAW wrote: Oh btw, none of those games you listed were perfect first up. But I'm sure you'll disagree. Must be a glass half-full, half-empty thing.
Perfect - no.Great - yes.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 14 Nov 2006, 01:35

Well DL Fallout is very derivative of Wasteland.

And I don't give a bleep about the paper doll or lack thereof, heroes 1 and 2 don't have them, I'd rather they fix important stuff: The creature accumulation is nice...We'll see how caravans is.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Nov 2006, 01:35

Justice wrote:This thread must be heading for a new CH reccord O-o
No, I've seen a longer news thread, but I can't remember what it was about.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Nov 2006, 01:59

PhoenixReborn wrote:Well DL Fallout is very derivative of Wasteland.
And HV is very derivative of HIII,but while fallout was(and still is)awesome,HV is just average at best.Oh,and wasteland was excelent too,so my point still stands.

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Q&A: the Expansion and the Future

Unread postby Cleanpea » 14 Nov 2006, 07:10

The point with the forum is to post your opinions, not just one, and certainly not just moonlight stories. This is a good forum! And it does not suffer from whining, except for those who whine of the whining.

It's a great idea to send the ideas from these threads to UBISOFT, perhaps some of them will be concidered? who knows

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 14 Nov 2006, 17:32

Angelspit wrote:
Justice wrote:This thread must be heading for a new CH reccord O-o
No, I've seen a longer news thread, but I can't remember what it was about.
Found two of them the news supression act viewtopic.php?t=730

and the deomo is out! the deom is out! viewtopic.php?t=1351&start=120

This thread only needs 20 more replies to beat bot of thm though. And with my post it beats number 3 "Nival answers back" viewtopic.php?t=2852&start=105

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 14 Nov 2006, 19:05

Sir Charles wrote: The most efficient way is to e-mail him or PM him. Posting a bug or a suggestion on a forum is VERY likely to go overlooked. Moderators will sometimes forward forum info to Fabrice, but not very often.

That's just great! So, all this time that we've had bugs & suggestions threads on all these forums, they have basically been ignored? Why the hell did we even bother posting this stuff on the forums then, considering we were told that was what we were supposed to do?

Guess they really didn't want to hear what we had to say afterall.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 14 Nov 2006, 20:32

King Imp wrote:That's just great! So, all this time that we've had bugs & suggestions threads on all these forums, they have basically been ignored? Why the hell did we even bother posting this stuff on the forums then, considering we were told that was what we were supposed to do?

If I were a dev and I thought my official forum was fillled with idiots like the C&C 3 Tiberium Wars boards, then I would tell the Community Manager to tell those fans to post ideas in a certain thread that I would never look in. That accomplishes two things. The community believes that the devs listen and the devs are free from the pestering fans to gather ideas at intelligent messageboards.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Nov 2006, 20:38

So you're saying that only Nival's russian forum is intelligent? Coz according to them it's the only place they take ideas from.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Nov 2006, 20:42

King Imp wrote: That's just great! So, all this time that we've had bugs & suggestions threads on all these forums, they have basically been ignored? Why the hell did we even bother posting this stuff on the forums then, considering we were told that was what we were supposed to do?

I know for a fact that Fabrice has checked in on the bug thread here. Though he did say something along the lines of "most is already fixed". I don't know if I can agree, but then again, not many people report in if a thing has been fixed.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 14 Nov 2006, 20:49

Campaigner wrote:
King Imp wrote:That's just great! So, all this time that we've had bugs & suggestions threads on all these forums, they have basically been ignored? Why the hell did we even bother posting this stuff on the forums then, considering we were told that was what we were supposed to do?

If I were a dev and I thought my official forum was fillled with idiots like the C&C 3 Tiberium Wars boards, then I would tell the Community Manager to tell those fans to post ideas in a certain thread that I would never look in. That accomplishes two things. The community believes that the devs listen and the devs are free from the pestering fans to gather ideas at intelligent messageboards.

Idiots, huh? Yeah, there haven't been tons of good feedback on both bugs and suggestions. But, that's okay, they don't read them (as proven by what he just told Chuck) so we've basically just been trying to help for no reason then.

But then again, I forgot. Unless the feedback comes from Fabrice's precious secret group (the "yes men"), then all other suggestions aren't worth the time and effort to listen to.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Nov 2006, 20:53

Justice wrote:Found two of them the news supression act viewtopic.php?t=730

and the deomo is out! the deom is out! viewtopic.php?t=1351&start=120
Ah, thanks! I love going through the news archives. We had a couple of big news threads on the old site and forum, some of which are listed in the Hall of Fame sticky.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Nov 2006, 22:09

Gaidal Cain wrote: I know for a fact that Fabrice has checked in on the bug thread here. Though he did say something along the lines of "most is already fixed". I don't know if I can agree, but then again, not many people report in if a thing has been fixed.
When on that subject,you havent cleared that one in...very long time.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 15 Nov 2006, 00:50

Quote from KingImp:

Idiots, huh? Yeah, there haven't been tons of good feedback on both bugs and suggestions. But, that's okay, they don't read them (as proven by what he just told Chuck) so we've basically just been trying to help for no reason then.

But then again, I forgot. Unless the feedback comes from Fabrice's precious secret group (the "yes men"), then all other suggestions aren't worth the time and effort to listen to.

End Quote from KingImp

I never said he doesn't EVER look at those forums. I'm sure he drops by occasionally, but he's got lots of things on his plate. And he very bluntly stated that they don't have anyone who patrols the boards looking for bug-posts. He simply said that posting bug reports & suggestions on the forums isn't the most EFFICIENT way of submitting them. It's more efficient to send them directly to him. Clearer?

As for the "yes men" comment. I resent that. I certainly don't agree with him all the time. I've disagreed with him VERY often. What that "inner circle" does is provide a very important function. Instead of Fabrice having to filter through THOUSANDS of individual fan comments/complaints/requests from other sites & forums, these select individuals help gather the pertinent information for him and makes the process run smoother as well as by giving him feedback about the game and ideas from a fan's perspective (but as I already said, he WILL listen and read individual requests if they're sent to him DIRECTLY). People like Angelspit, myself, Alderbranch (mod on official forum), Jolly Joker, and others. For the most part, we're all very knowledgable about the heroes series and we're representing the interests of the FANS not Ubisoft (whether you believe that or not KingImp). So, please, in the future don't insult us unless you have intimate knowledge of what in the heck you're talking about. Because there's tons of stuff that we discuss that doesn't get revealed outside of that circle (due to privacy/non-disclosure agreements and such). So ease off. Okay?
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

HMMFan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HMMFan » 15 Nov 2006, 02:12

Echo chamber, Sir Charles, echo chamber.... it won't do any good.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Nov 2006, 03:01

Sir Charles wrote: I never said he doesn't EVER look at those forums.
Oh really?Must be someone else that wrote this then:
Sir Charles wrote: No, of course I don't. But again, those aren't the same people working on those two items most likely. As to whether it was fixed or not...I don't know. I'm currently replaying the campaigns right now. But I'm only in Haven's. And while that bug was probably mentioned on this forum...was it ever submitted to Nival? That's the key here. Nival doesn't visit this forum that I'm aware of.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 15 Nov 2006, 04:22

No, I wrote that. But did YOU read it? It said that Nival doesn't visit the forums that I'm aware of. Fabrice isn't NIVAL. He doesn't work for or at Nival. Totally different things there. I've known all along that Fabrice visits the forums. I know it's not very often however (compared to actual forum posters), but as for the Nival folks....I simply don't know if they do or not.
Edited on Tue, Nov 14 2006, 21:24 by Sir Charles
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Gaping_MAW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gaping_MAW » 15 Nov 2006, 05:13

its this kind of thread that spawns forum nazis and punches holes in the space time continuum. :) Perhaps some ruthless moderation would be of benefit (ala Relic forums style)

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 15 Nov 2006, 10:25

ThunderTitan wrote:So you're saying that only Nival's russian forum is intelligent? Coz according to them it's the only place they take ideas from.
No relation to anything. I only said what I would do myself if my companys official forum was inhabited by clueless people.
And if what I've heard so far about that place is true (regard Heroes V a masterpiece f.e) then my thoughts of that place isn't very high....

Return to “News”