Finally a game company that cares!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Bad Wolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Finally a game company that cares!

Unread postby Bad Wolf » 30 Jan 2006, 16:30

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 9911088504
Finally some answers and some good news and a LOT of insight about what's to come - hopefully a great game!
The world is full of insanity, that has no cure. Labour to keep yourself stable, and your mind pure.
- Mid-Night Paladin

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 17:04

Personally Im not sure if polishing and delaying the game would do the trick.A complete do over might though.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jan 2006, 17:07

DaemianLucifer wrote:Personally Im not sure if polishing and delaying the game would do the trick.A complete do over might though.
I'm pretty sure it's too late for that. Now all we can hope for is a nice game that was a minimum of bugs and resembles Heroes enough to be enjoyable. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 30 Jan 2006, 17:15

DaemianLucifer wrote:Personally Im not sure if polishing and delaying the game would do the trick.A complete do over might though.
you're serious about this? to each his own I guess but the game seems good enough to be saved by polishing to me.

why do you want a do over?

Bad Wolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bad Wolf » 30 Jan 2006, 17:16

It's like I said on the official UBI forums, as long as this *cough* polishing time *cough* gives us a game better then what we've seen in this beta and better then the horrible retail release of HoMM IV... I'm all for waiting... and praying 'Amen!'
The world is full of insanity, that has no cure. Labour to keep yourself stable, and your mind pure.
- Mid-Night Paladin

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 17:17

I think it would be way better if they scraped HV and released heroes complete,with every previous heroes game on just one DVD.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 30 Jan 2006, 18:01

Yay!

How great Ubisoft is :D

(Advertising a bit, now that they listened to us ;) )
What the #$*! do we know?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 Jan 2006, 19:11

Nice to know that they listen, now all we have to do is wait for the release date and hope that the game will be as free of bugs and unbalanced gameplay as possible. Hmm wonder how long they will delay the game? If they have to, shipping the game in May/Juni is fine by me, but then I expect a very polished game and not a broken one! Cant wait!! :hoo:

RK
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RK » 31 Jan 2006, 08:49

....I just wish they would release hot seat mode already for beta test. I'm sick n tired of not making to the second week in ALL of my games so far.

I was really looking forward to it, I had a nice neutral stack joining me, and I just boarded a ship for the very first time....then my opponent was like... 'Oh I'm sorry I have to go sleep. Bye'

:disagree: .....

PLEASE NIVEL LET ME EXPLORE YOUR GAME!!!!
If the AI is not ready for each faction, IT'S FINE since it's beta, just let me play with a dumb comp. Comp Stomps are fun too U KNOW!!

Merciless.Magal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Merciless.Magal » 31 Jan 2006, 11:52

there is a post on the oficial forums explaining how to play hotseat with the beta: http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 3701083404

enjoy.

about the main thread, we heroes fans should be proud of this accomplishment, and relieved that ubisoft acually cares. I been playing the beta in single player, and i honestly think the game has potential to be the best of the series, and polishing is all that its needed... a bigger battlefield with a bit less of obstacles, some more room for maneuvering is definitely necessary. With a better work on the interface, making the game a bit lighter and free of bugs is all we need, the graphics are incredible and if they give us a map and campaing editor, good stable servers for online gaming and a decent ai for single player, the game will own, i am quite optimistic after the delay news... they clearly see that this franchise can five them TONS of money, all they need is now screwing on HV.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”