Alternate Upgrades

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Alexander I
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Alternate Upgrades

Unread postby Alexander I » 18 May 2007, 18:26

I couldn't find a thread like this already, so here's a thread for guessing what the alternative upgrades will be.

We already know the Sylvan upgrades, and I think (as much as we'd rather it weren't so) they'll probably use the Renegades as the Haven alternates because they're already done. It'd save them some time and effort.

So here's my thoughts on the other factions. Feel free to post your own ideas and discuss.

Dwarves:
1. Defender –> Housecarl: an offensive version of the unit, has a big war-axe
2. Spearwielder –> Schiltron: only 2 shots again, but much higher attack, defense and HP
3. Bear Rider –> Ice Bear Rider: rides a polar bear, has some kind of ice attack that freezes enemies temporarily, maybe prevents retaliation (that’d be great, maybe overpowered!)
4. Brawler –> Thrall: better stats, but less initative?
5. Rune Priest –> Rune Hierophant: more offense, can put enemy units to sleep?
6. Thane –> Mountain King: slower, more armor/defense, and an earthquake spell
7. Fire Dragon –> Lava Dragon: I have no idea how this would be different from the Magma Dragon

Dark Elves:
1. Scout –> Dark Warrior: stronger stats but without the Assassin’s poison
2. Blood Maiden –> Blood Amazon: has double attack instead of no retaliation
3. Minotaur –> Minotaur Gladiator: gain better stats but lose the double attack
4. Dark Raider –> Dark Raptor: weaker stats than Grim Raider, but has a Retreat ability allowing him to move away in any direction from his enemy after attacking
5. Hydra –> Chaos Hydra: no regeneration, nine-headed attack, poisonous
6. Shadow Witch –> Shadow Priestess: attack spells
7. Shadow Dragon –> Night Dragon: no magic immunity, instead Invisible until it attacks

Undead:
1. Skeleton –> Skeleton Warrior: stronger, more heavily armored skeleton, armed with a sword (people would still probably rather have the archers)
2. Zombie –> Ghoul: faster movement and initiative instead of weakening strike
3. Ghost –> Banshee: female ghosts with Banshee Wail attack, lowers enemy unit’s initiative?
4. Vampire –> Vampire Lady: convert enemy units of same or higher level into vampires instead of the Vampire Lord’s teleport (I figured the undead needed some females)
5. Lich –> Demilich: adds Soul Trap ability, enemies killed are brought back to life as undead Shades
6. Wight –> Revenant: enemies it kills are permanently dead – can’t be resurrected
7. Bone Dragon –> Ghost Dragon: incorporeal

Wizards:
1. Gremlin –> Gremlin Soldier: no repair, but armed with a long musket, double attack
2. Stone Gargoyle –> Marble Gargoyle: stronger and faster
3. Iron Golem –> Gold Golem: no unlimited retaliation, but faster and with many more immunities
4. Mage –> Conjurer: sacrifice energy channel for better stats and more offensive spells
5. Djinn –> Djinn Sultana: female version of Sultan, lower stats, but with some free buff spells
6. Rakshasa Rani –> Rakshasa Brahmin: ranged attack w/o melee penalty instead of dash?
7. Colossus –> Immortal: Shooter, no call lightning, absurd number of HP

Demons:
1. Imp –> Changeling: can take the form of other level one creatures, mana reverb (stolen mana is dealt back to an enemy unit as damage?)
2. Horned Demon –> Horned Tormentor: more attack, less defense, damage over time
3. Hell Hound –> Barghest: no three heads, but black and only semi-corporeal
4. Succubus –> Succubus Harlot: fireball damage instead of chain shot
5. Hell Charger –> Dark Horseman: mounted by a demon warrior armed with a fiery sword, flame damage instead of fear
6. Pit Fiend –> Pit Master: can summon fire elementals instead of vorpal sword
7. Devil –> Demiurge: can raise demons from the dead

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 18 May 2007, 19:06

Looking at your list, I can honestly say that this is much better than anything Nival can possibly come up with. The names and the abilities actually took imagination, while with Nival we are getting an Anger Treant and Rainbow Dragon. :disagree:

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 18 May 2007, 19:09

The Anger Treant and the Rainbow Dragon are two very silly names for me :mad:

btw, cool list Alexander I :tsup:
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 18 May 2007, 19:56

I really like most of your names! :)

Alexander I
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alexander I » 18 May 2007, 20:14

Thanks guys! That was the best I could come up with at the moment.
I just think it would be a real shame if the designers waste this opportunity with crap units.

Is there anything on my list you'd do differently? Names, abilities, etc.?
What are your ideas?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 18 May 2007, 20:38

I normally don't like such topics since most people will just use some ripoff creatures from whatever film/game but your lineup is pretty good :tsup:
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Monteniger
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Alternate Upgrades

Unread postby Monteniger » 18 May 2007, 21:19

Alexander I wrote: 7. Fire Dragon –> Lava Dragon: I have no idea how this would be different from the Magma Dragon
Maybe give him the ability to enter tthe earth and to emerge after one turn on some place in the batelfield in a form of a volcano damadging all sorounding units... Smth like Battle Dive speciality but more powerful?

Alexander I wrote: 7. Colossus –> Immortal: Shooter, no call lightning, absurd number of HP
I think that Titan would lose shooting ability for some spells ... or gain chain lighting ability (like Thane or smth)
Alexander I wrote: 3. Hell Hound –> Barghest: no three heads, but black and only semi-corporeal

5. Hell Charger –> Dark Horseman: mounted by a demon warrior armed with a fiery sword, flame damage instead of fear
I would like to see hound that could breath fire with all 3 heads... Know it's not possible but,...
And I think that all Demons would get some extra fire abilities... like fire trail or smth...
And Don't like the ideo od Dark Horseman because demons by them selves are big enough and it would just look silly if they mount a horse when their hero is not... But some hell charger - imp unity would be interesting...

jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jerseys » 18 May 2007, 21:25

King Imp wrote:Looking at your list, I can honestly say that this is much better than anything Nival can possibly come up with. The names and the abilities actually took imagination, while with Nival we are getting an Anger Treant and Rainbow Dragon. :disagree:
Oh, here's yur generic "I hate Ubival" post. Maybe you should count how many new abilities are in sylvan alternatives before speaking.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Alternate Upgrades

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 May 2007, 22:37

Alexander I wrote: 7. Fire Dragon –> Lava Dragon: I have no idea how this would be different from the Magma Dragon

He should fly... keep the altitude difference.
Maybe you should count how many new abilities are in sylvan alternatives before speaking.
Yeah, all those D&D and WH guys really know how to make them.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 18 May 2007, 22:45

jerseys wrote:
King Imp wrote:Looking at your list, I can honestly say that this is much better than anything Nival can possibly come up with. The names and the abilities actually took imagination, while with Nival we are getting an Anger Treant and Rainbow Dragon. :disagree:
Oh, here's yur generic "I hate Ubival" post. Maybe you should count how many new abilities are in sylvan alternatives before speaking.

I count 5 really new abilities in 7 units. Woo hoo, I'm impressed.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 May 2007, 22:53

Great list alot of good names, I myself also have thought off...like Ghost Dragon. Pretty good name and obvious too ;) No offense but..though names like vampire lady and...demiurge. I just say it, I bet some fans would bash those name to the ground if Nival came up with them...seriously. I like Vampire Lady but...demiurge..

Alternative names...why not Vampire Count, Vampire Countess?
Demiurge... Devil Of Doom or Infernal Devil :oex:

Alexander I
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alexander I » 18 May 2007, 23:26

Orfinn wrote:Great list alot of good names, I myself also have thought off...like Ghost Dragon. Pretty good name and obvious too ;) No offense but..though names like vampire lady and...demiurge. I just say it, I bet some fans would bash those name to the ground if Nival came up with them...seriously. I like Vampire Lady but...demiurge..

Alternative names...why not Vampire Count, Vampire Countess?
Demiurge... Devil Of Doom or Infernal Devil :oex:
Well you try thinking up 35 brand new names on the spot. ;) And Nival IS already getting bashed to the ground for their stupid choices. (Rainbow Dragon?) I like Vampire Countess a lot, I think it's a good choice.
As for Devil of Doom, meh. And Infernal Devil is redundant. I didn't really like Demiurge when I picked it, I thought the Devil was the hardest to think up a second name for. My other choice was Demogorgon, another demon type, but also kinda sucky.

Here's a challenge to the forum: think up a good second Devil name.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 18 May 2007, 23:34

Devil Lord.

That's the best I can do right now.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 May 2007, 23:41

Hell Baron. (see, i can copy too)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Monteniger
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Monteniger » 18 May 2007, 23:50

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Devil Lord.

That's the best I can do right now.
That's what I thought at first... but isn't that the name of Inferno Hero?
Since we have Fallen Angel then I guess that Risen Devil doesn't sound impossible,right? :lol:
Last edited by Monteniger on 18 May 2007, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 May 2007, 23:50

Red/Devil Baron
but oh well... :)

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 20 May 2007, 20:02

black devil
snowmen
pinky the ballista
forkboy
devildevil
upper devil
bleu eyes white devil
pikachu
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Monteniger
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Monteniger » 20 May 2007, 22:00

haloswift wrote: pikachu
hahaha right!!!
Why just don't call it Fabrice ?
... I didn't sad that :shh:

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 22 May 2007, 13:18

Hell Lord
Devastator (casts Armaggedon or something like that)

Fat Evil Creature (sorry, couldn't resist) :D
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”