Anyone remember...?

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Gljivko a.k.a Vortex
Peasant
Peasant

Anyone remember...?

Unread postby Gljivko a.k.a Vortex » 26 Apr 2006, 19:31

Does anyone knows where can I find maps from the old site H3trio? Long time ago there was a tournament that featured rather unique maps. Map was small where you had a large army and fought 5 heroes. Each hero represented individual difficulty (from easy to impossible) and had exact army like you (though different race of course :) ). And to win the map you had to defeat all 5 heroes (each one with the same number of troops as you, when you started the map). There were all sorts of maps, available for all races.

I would be very grateful if anyone knows where could I find these maps, or at least tell me the names of maps.

Thanks in advance :proud:

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 26 Apr 2006, 19:45

Many of the H3Trio maps can be found on CH, but not all of them.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

GhostWriter
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby GhostWriter » 01 May 2006, 12:04

Angelspit, I still have the site archive they gave me before shutting down, and I believe it has all the maps. Is there some way I can get it to you? I'm not sure of the exact size, but I recall it being over a gig.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 01 May 2006, 13:18

That'll either be a load of e-mails, or perhaps I can help.

You see with the enourmus account you can have on gmail, people started thinking, and they made a little program which allows you to upload files with out sending them in mails. So you could use that... Or Angelspit could grant you access to the CH server, that's the faster method...
Grah!

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 01 May 2006, 19:34

Uploading 1 GB of maps will be quite a task ... Is there a way we can sort them a bit - removing any already on the server?

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 01 May 2006, 19:39

ONE GIG of maps?! HOLY COW!!! 8| Is that quantity of maps even possible?
BTW, how large is the site archive? I'm just curious how big sites are... ;|
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

GhostWriter
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby GhostWriter » 22 May 2006, 00:31

Okay, I was a bit off in terms of the site size, it's 370MB in total. The size of the actual maps portion is much less, but there are hundreds of them. So I have two file archives I need to upload somewhere. One is the site archive which is 340MB. The other is the collection of maps from H3Trio that I already put on CH a couple years ago. Remember I was putting maps out half a dozen at a time, and whenever I did I would remove those maps from the site archive and put them elsewhere to keep things organized. So there's no need to sort the maps based on whether they've already been put on CH, although there are still some duplicates within the site archive just because many were originally submitted to both sites.

Angelspit, I think the best way to do this is give me FTP access to CH and just put the zip files there, and anyone who wants to work on it can get those files from there. Let me know when you can.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 22 May 2006, 01:43

Okay, I've sent you a private message with the login information. Let me know if I can help.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 22 May 2006, 11:16

GhostWriter! One of my favorite people!

Nice to see you again!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 05 Jun 2006, 15:25

ScarlettP wrote:GhostWriter! One of my favorite people!

Nice to see you again!
I echo this remark, what a wonderful surprise to hear from you again. :hail: I hope your map "The City" may be released in its final form in the not too distant future. :beg:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

GhostWriter
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby GhostWriter » 20 Jun 2006, 05:52

Greets, Scarlett and Jeff :)

I am sorry for the long delays in replies and hellos to my old friends, but these days I'm afraid it can't be helped. And Jeff, I do believe and am quite sure that my map will be releases in the near future. It is basically done but I don't remember where I left off and am thick with rusty brain gears. Probably best to wait a bit while the H5 wave rolls through anyway. As I get closer to it I'll write you folks more.

Take care.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 20 Jun 2006, 22:21

Yeah, it probably will be good to let the initial excitement of its release die down a bit. It would be unfortunate that it not get the playing it deserves. As I said I'll be watching for it. :D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”