Heroes V CANCELLED

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Heroes V CANCELLED

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 01 Apr 2006, 06:35

Announced late Friday evening on the official forums, Ubisoft has revealed they are canceling the much-awaited sequel in the Heroes of Might and Magic series. Pressed for details, Ubisoft’s spokesperson said only that this was a necessary decision. “Real-world difficulties such as lower than optimum stock prices and overall lack of enthusiasm for the title lead to its cancellation. Initial protests that started over a month ago have turned into a general discontent over everything from the copyright protection to the town lineups, and we no longer feel we will make sufficient profit to cover the cost of production, so we’re scrapping it.”

Long term plans for the series had included at least one expansion and several spin-offs, including an action/adventure game called Dark Messiah; whether this and other games planned for the series will also be cancelled is unknown at this time. For fans of the series, this will be a disappointing end. Over four games and multiple expansions have spanned the Heroes brand, and devoted followers of the series were dealt a severe blow in 2002 when the games’ publisher filed for bankruptcy. Over the course of the auctions for 3DO’s assets, however, hopes were raised high when the brand was bought by international publishing giant Ubisoft. Last quarter’s stock prices, however, nixed any plans by Ubisoft to continue development of the game, which was to have been released in mid-2006. Such is the way of the industry, it seems.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 01 Apr 2006, 08:11

Check the date :).

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Apr 2006, 08:23

Oh come on, this isn't even remotely believeable at this stage, with the game nearly finished. They should have announced a new and silly creature instead.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 01 Apr 2006, 09:50

*Hehe* This is o good one, although too obvious.. :-D "..lack of enthusiasm..", where? ;)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 Apr 2006, 10:04

Oh hoho almost got me there you little brat! :D
Almost forgot its 1st april today, a trap many goes into :rofl:

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 01 Apr 2006, 11:06

For super-excellent gaming-related April Fools one must look to Blizzard. This alas didn't cut it.

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 01 Apr 2006, 15:36

Good try, nice effort.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 01 Apr 2006, 15:49

innokenti wrote:For super-excellent gaming-related April Fools one must look to Blizzard. This alas didn't cut it.
Well, sorry if I don’t have Blizzard’s time and resources to use just to play a prank on you people. :P

Orfinn wrote:Oh hoho almost got me there you little brat! :D
Almost forgot its 1st april today, a trap many goes into :rofl:
No worries, I made it so you’d have been able to figure it out eventually: read the first letter of each line.
Echo_ wrote:Good try, nice effort.
Thank you, Echo. :)

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 01 Apr 2006, 21:59

Kareeah Indaga wrote:
innokenti wrote:For super-excellent gaming-related April Fools one must look to Blizzard. This alas didn't cut it.
Well, sorry if I don’t have Blizzard’s time and resources to use just to play a prank on you people. :P
Lies! You could beg/borrow/steal! :P Nah, good effort.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 02 Apr 2006, 03:36

Sorry Kareeah, you have to post it on the news at CH to make it much more realistic. ;)

...which I still haven't manage to cock up something worth posting...yet. :(

Here goes one: My father's birthday is on April Fool's :proud:
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Return to “Heroes V-VI”