Search found 474 matches

by Wildbear
14 Jan 2007, 19:04
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Mummy Evolution
Replies: 100
Views: 41111

I never said they're authentic, I said they're stereotypes. And about those crowns, the first one is closer to the ones you'll find here (cap crown and blue crown): http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/crowns2.htm Shapes may slightly vary in time, their history ran for millenaries, so obviously t...
by Wildbear
14 Jan 2007, 17:24

You'll find them in Halloween costume shops. Since you're just disagreeing for your own fun I won't even look for the name of those crowns and scepters from ancient Egypt. Stereotypes aren't 100% accurate, but they distinguish cultural elements here, again without any reason in-game reference to any...
by Wildbear
14 Jan 2007, 05:09

Stereotypic Egyptian mummies aren't wrapped in toilet paper, but into strips and sheets of white linen. Although most famous Egyptian mummies are wrapped into such strips, not all of them are. Some south American mummies were loosely wrapped into rags. H4 mummies are wrapped into pieces of cloth tha...
by Wildbear
14 Jan 2007, 02:29

I'll try to be less subtle next time. By that logic i could say that you belive golden headdresses and staffs are exclusive to ancient Egypt. All right, mummies aren't egyptian unless they have clothes, you convinced me. Those of that style are. And I never wrote Egyptian mummies had clothes, but t...
by Wildbear
14 Jan 2007, 01:51

And i think your reasoning is wrong... WRONG. And my hair isn't dry yet, so i can't go to sleep yet, so i really don't have anything else to do. Oh yeah, and your reason is that bandages are purely ancient Egyptian objects to you, you even call them bandaid, which as anybody knows is an ancient Egy...
by Wildbear
14 Jan 2007, 00:18

I already explained why I think it is better that way, but since you aren't reading you probably missed it.
by Wildbear
13 Jan 2007, 23:47

ThunderTitan wrote: Neither are toilet-paper mummies. And i'm sure that if you look enough you'd find other civilizations that had similar clothes, even if only for one object each.
Now, I'm happy you're sure about your own baseless hypothesis, but that's hardly an argument, and especially not a good one.
by Wildbear
13 Jan 2007, 19:47

ThunderTitan wrote: Well the clothes one the HoMM ones aren't exactly an exact copy either, they're just close enough.
They aren't "just close enough", they aren't culturally neutral, they are direct references to the ancient Egyptian culture.
by Wildbear
13 Jan 2007, 14:17
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Email scams and spammers
Replies: 18
Views: 5085

Angelspit wrote:It's all right, it's just that I had been wondering too why you wanted me to give you a phone call. :D
That was to make you listen to manele songs in the background! :scared:
by Wildbear
13 Jan 2007, 13:31

Sauron wrote:Wildbear, why don't you sent an article about mummies to bestiary? You seem to know a lot about theme :)
The bestiary is complete enough on that point, especially the missing details would only bring confusion among different types of mummies.
by Wildbear
13 Jan 2007, 03:37
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Email scams and spammers
Replies: 18
Views: 5085

Angelspit wrote:
ScarlettP wrote:Veldrynus used to beg me to join his calling circle.
I got those emails as well.
We're already three unlucky victims of that spamming beggar :rumor:
by Wildbear
13 Jan 2007, 00:31

From what i remember other mummies weren't really made with the toilet-paper, they used other things. Most other mummies were either naked, wearing real clothes (ritual or not), or into shrouds. The first option is... not visually interesting :sweat: , the second, could be but it would make it hard...
by Wildbear
12 Jan 2007, 23:29

I didn't say someone didn't pay for the mummification, the stuff they used did cost money, but it was primarily a religious thing. You might as well say we bury our dead only for the money. And the fact that the mummies in heroes are wrapped in bandaid is enough to make them egyptian, at least from...
by Wildbear
12 Jan 2007, 22:09

I doubt the animals had that kinda money. While you could probably buy yourself a spot (ah, the unchaging human nature ) i doubt that money is what it was all about. I see that you missed the distinction between the reasons for mummifying a human and mummifying an animal. It's written at the very b...
by Wildbear
10 Jan 2007, 21:35

Here's a link you may want to read about Egyptian mummies: http://www.si.edu/resource/faq/nmnh/mummies.htm Now, to sum it up, of course mummification in ancient Egypt was religious, but religion back then wasn't about salvation for the poor and charity, and the long process of mummification required...
by Wildbear
10 Jan 2007, 17:42

Only people who could afford it were being mummified in ancient Egypt, but that doesn't mean peasants in M&M worlds never were. Actually it would be a bit more original that way.
by Wildbear
10 Jan 2007, 16:02

DaemianLucifer wrote: The garb is ceremonial.I doubt that egiptian peasants wore those hats.But nobles(priests and such) did.
Well, that's another good reason to remove such objects and have mummies visually neutral on that aspect.
by Wildbear
10 Jan 2007, 00:32

Something the dead shouldn't care about. But anyway the H5 mummy only has a snowy background coz they both came with the XP. It doesn't make it look better. The enviroment influences the material used and the amount of clothing,but not its shape,nor colur. I didn't write anything about colors, and ...
by Wildbear
09 Jan 2007, 17:08

It isn't vague at all, they're pure Egyptian stereotypes. That's the kind of stuff you'll find in an Halloween costume shop with Egyptian written on it, and Egyptian only. And environments have a huge influence on cultures, especially animals represented and clothes. The cobra seen on the H3 mummy i...
by Wildbear
08 Jan 2007, 22:19

It's a game made for humans and it contains memes proper to human mentality. "Mummies come from Egypt" is the meme in this case. The designers could have very well taken Andean mummies as models, but it wouldn't have been as well known. Right, but they could also take elements of what is ...

Go to advanced search