Search found 884 matches

by Qurqirish Dragon
29 Jan 2012, 16:45
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3 maps set teams
Replies: 10
Views: 12973

If the map was designed for teams, then the colors are fixed- you can go into the editor to change them, but that's it.
If you do a random map, then you can choose the teams on one of the setup pages when you generate the map.

Thread moved to correct forum
by Qurqirish Dragon
16 Jan 2012, 14:27
Topic: Are there any patches for Homm 4 complete? (solved)
Views: 6870

Indeed. When Ubisoft bought the rights to the M&M series, they started to re-release the old games in various collections. All such collections were sold fully patched and compatible with new versions of Windows. Which was great for me, as by the time I had a system that could run H4, it was co...
by Qurqirish Dragon
24 Dec 2011, 13:51
Forum: News
Topic: Christmas 2011
Replies: 13
Views: 5408

Re: Christmas 2011

I'm glad that not everyone has given in to this 'political correctness' mania.. so, it's not happy holidays... It's Merry Christmas! :) I have no problem with "happy holidays" as long as the intention is to be inclusive, not to avoid the use of a particular holiday name. I am Jewish, and ...
by Qurqirish Dragon
11 Dec 2011, 13:51
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Meow
Replies: 14
Views: 5235

Avonu wrote:I was wondering... if Temple of Meow is in Academy faction, Temple of Baa is in Inferno, Temple of Bark is in Haven (as they like to bark on Baa followers), then what else temples can be in other factions?
I would guess Muu to be stronghold (the dwarven one, not the barbarian one)
by Qurqirish Dragon
10 Dec 2011, 17:46
Topic: Meow
Views: 5235

Re: Meow

Avonu wrote:
Gaidal Cain wrote:Wonder what would happen if it was located next to a Temple of Eep?
Temple of Bark will appear next to these two. ;)
No, the temple of bark is situated near the temple of baa; a deal for protection...
by Qurqirish Dragon
01 Nov 2011, 02:09
Topic: Halloween in Heroes Kingdoms
Replies: 3
Views: 2242

They did this last year- and there were "pumpkin head" artifacts that you could only get from wandering ghosts.
Unfortunately, things seem to have goofed up in this year's implementation.
by Qurqirish Dragon
30 Oct 2011, 14:01
Topic: The M&MX Fan Survey
Replies: 39
Views: 13564

If I were running things at Ubi, I would send an official notice to the project to either: (being mean): demand the Might and Magic name be removed or: (being nice): demand a disclaimer be added saying that this is NOT an official M&M product, and that the name is being used with permission- but...
by Qurqirish Dragon
27 Oct 2011, 21:42
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Why not "HOMM6" but "MMH6"?
Replies: 6
Views: 3207

About the time HoMM5 was released, they decided to rebrand everything in the M&M multiverse under the "Might and Magic" umbrella. (thus we had Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, for example.)
Indeed, the expansions to HoMM5, if you look at the boxes, are MMH5 (plus the subtitle).
by Qurqirish Dragon
24 Oct 2011, 10:39
Topic: Looking backward: First impressions on HoMM4
Replies: 318
Views: 107360

Great read Qurqirish Dragon! Thank you. I'm wondering if you ever did try any of the Campaigns with the Equilibris mod(that's what I'm using from the start)and if it improved it or not? Anyway, all very interesting for longtime Heroes fans. I never replayed the campaigns- there are so many maps out...
by Qurqirish Dragon
21 Oct 2011, 13:41
Topic: Old Beta Bug
Views: 4370

Re: Old Beta Bug

Actually, it would be HIS maximum- their is plural... Isn't 'they' also used instead of 'he/she'? In common speech, maybe. But in written speech, proper grammar should still be used. The only exception is when a character is speaking in a story, then the grammar (or lack thereof) should match the c...
by Qurqirish Dragon
20 Oct 2011, 13:28
Topic: Old Beta Bug
Views: 4370

Re: Old Beta Bug

Ryder wrote:Would of thought it should say

Your hero HAS already reached THEIR MAXIMUM level.
Edited on Wed, Oct 19 2011, 19:30 by Ryder
Actually, it would be HIS maximum- their is plural...

How about:
"You're gyro E wretch hiss Maxitudinal lever." :devil:
by Qurqirish Dragon
18 Oct 2011, 12:50
Topic: Yet Another H6 Rant?
Views: 9422

Bah! The only one who remined somewhat consistent are necroplis and Inferno. *cough* H4 infernopolis *cough* :devil: Actually, it's hard to mix undead with anything else (except for :up: ) and have things at all plausible. Similar with demons. Disciples tried that, and although it worked OK with th...
by Qurqirish Dragon
16 Oct 2011, 14:15
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: anyone remember this in World of Xeen?
Replies: 7
Views: 2857

Ah, thanks--that's it. Does anyone know what the significance of that control room is? I know if you type the word "computer" it responds by calling you a "super goober," but is that really it? Thanks. That's really it. Most of the M&M games had some ridiculous area which wo...
by Qurqirish Dragon
14 Oct 2011, 13:27
Topic: Where is the Map editor!?
Replies: 5
Views: 4670

@wneubert: this question was about Heroes 5, not 6....
by Qurqirish Dragon
12 Oct 2011, 12:55
Topic: Best place to purchase digitally?
Views: 4771

Discussions about how to obtain any game illegally are not allowed on our forums, who will try that again will be cursed for eternity! :mad: [/color] Just curious, do you have a problem with discussing them here, or actually performing the act? Any discussion of how or where to do so is strictly pr...
by Qurqirish Dragon
08 Oct 2011, 13:50
Topic: Grail Stronghold
Replies: 12
Views: 6201

If they follow the MMHK format, then you won't be able to convert a town that has a Tear installed, but I don't know what they did here.
by Qurqirish Dragon
05 Oct 2011, 13:48
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magiv VI: Item Breaking
Views: 3257

It has been a long time since I played these, but isn't there a "potion of hardening" you could make that greatly reduced the chance of breakage?
by Qurqirish Dragon
27 Sep 2011, 12:50
Topic: Heroes 3 Gigamight mod 2.0 Rampart overview
Views: 5071

Re: Heroes 3 Gigamight mod 2.0 Rampart overview

Artas1984 wrote: EDIT: while editing Heroes 3, i found out that the centaurs are actually ranged shooters! There is hidden animation of how they throw their spears!
That's why they were one of the first creatures modded in WoG- they had the animation there. There is also a shooting animation for the manticore.
by Qurqirish Dragon
25 Sep 2011, 12:44
Topic: Chinese Edition
Views: 2669

Keychains, paper manual, a deck of cards, in the regular edition?I don't know what to say...
by Qurqirish Dragon
23 Sep 2011, 13:42
Topic: Chinese Deluxe Edition
Replies: 11
Views: 5485

Meanwhile, those of us in North America will be lucky to get a physical copy of the game. (or have they decided to release a physical deluxe edition here after all?)

Go to advanced search