Search found 110 matches

by sylvanllewelyn
04 Sep 2006, 16:46
Forum: Articles
Topic: Dungeon Creatures Statistics
Replies: 76
Views: 31810

Dungeon Creatures Statistics

You hold down the control key while attacking with the blood furies, and they'll not return. How did you guys flag mines without knowing this command?
by sylvanllewelyn
04 Sep 2006, 16:31
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: So the six dragons are...?
Replies: 125
Views: 39969

I think Ubisoft better be in charge of the story. The HOMM series won't be making too much money, because more players are quitting strategy games and switching into action-games and graphic-eye-candy. It will be Dark Messiah and all of *those* expansions, which is based on the storyline that we see...
by sylvanllewelyn
04 Sep 2006, 16:14
Topic: Renegade units in Addon
Replies: 153
Views: 62183

Academy: gremlins, beastman and orcs as lower-level beings Sylvan: imperialism and committing genocide (not just war) on their brethren. Haven: strict theocracy and serfdom Dungeons: cruel slavery and deadly treachery Necropolis: defiling graves and recklessly forcing their world-view Inferno: too r...
by sylvanllewelyn
04 Sep 2006, 05:05
Topic: Why the dungeon can not be a "might" faction...
Replies: 46
Views: 8487

Dungeons are clearly a hybrid faction. While they clearly have powerful spells, they aren't a magic faction like academy, because their knowledge plus spellpower is not up to a wizard yet. What their magic is meant to do is play a defensive role, protecting their fragile units by quickly reducing th...
by sylvanllewelyn
04 Sep 2006, 04:48
Topic: Renegade units in Addon
Replies: 153
Views: 62183

Personally appreciate Caradoc's humour, but do remember that this forum is not 18+ (in some countries, 21+). Just be a little careful. I'd say rebels are an extra faction, Dwarves in the good side and Rebel-Haven on the evil side. Although one must remember that there's no "good" or "...
by sylvanllewelyn
04 Sep 2006, 04:24
Forum: Articles
Topic: Two More Ranger Adventures
Replies: 26
Views: 16118

The Ranger - The Emerald Ones

I'm playing this mission right now, and I never struggled with a mission this way before. I tried attacking the NE castle as you said in the walkthrough, but the defense was far too formidable, and it only gets worse. The only time I could manage to take out that town was day 7 of week ONE, but then...
by sylvanllewelyn
01 Sep 2006, 08:42
Topic: Silly names in HoMMV! ...and alternatives to them!
Replies: 312
Views: 70857

I don't see "sexism" as a problem, if you mean why one gender is stronger than the other for various species. My only question is, why do you have to "upgrade" your building to summon the stronger gender in the first place? I'm baffled. As to names... one has to remember that som...
by sylvanllewelyn
01 Sep 2006, 08:02
Topic: Expansion HOMM 5
Replies: 525
Views: 136203

If you've noticed, for different creatures, there are commoners and then there are heroes, but even the "heroic" ones are limited by their nature. For example, imps and pit-lords can become commanders, the demon-soverign is a devil, and Biara's accomplishments are somewhere in the middle (...
by sylvanllewelyn
31 Aug 2006, 02:18
Topic: Empower spell work on Decay?
Replies: 4
Views: 2267

You have five primary skill slots, so in theory, you could take destructive magic as your fifth. But then again, the extra damage could easily be bested by luck or sorcery anyway. The ultimate was only useful when elemental chains were as powerful as it was in the beta.
by sylvanllewelyn
29 Aug 2006, 05:35
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes V Expansion Announced
Replies: 110
Views: 28183

Heroes V Expansion Announced

The bugs won't be ignored. I think they'll save it all up for the expansion. I would, however, not buy the game, if the map editor is only available in the expansion, which seems quite likely. Although, the rune magics does feel a little like the academy's arcane forge (how dare they even use the wo...
by sylvanllewelyn
29 Aug 2006, 01:23
Topic: Dungeon Sacrifice
Replies: 19
Views: 9232

If I have 1000g to spare, which I rarely do, then I usually do the first 300hp, that's it. Necro or inferno hero starting troops give good hp, and it really doesn't matter if you're using them as logistics hero anyway.
by sylvanllewelyn
28 Aug 2006, 01:53
Topic: Expansion HOMM 5
Replies: 525
Views: 136203

I think their magic guilds will generate normal spells at random, but at the same time they will have a special rune-magic guild. To reply to previous post: first of all, I think that heroes dealing less damage to low-level creatures makes a lot of physics sense. It's easier to trample down a dragon...
by sylvanllewelyn
28 Aug 2006, 01:36
Topic: Necromancy balance changes
Replies: 27
Views: 7238

I don't really feel that necromacy needs to be regulated in anyway. It's still one of my less preferred factions. The rest of their army is sub-par, and it's not like the stack of skeleton archers can wipe out a stack in a shot anyway. It only means forcing you to deal with it eventually, and most a...
by sylvanllewelyn
28 Aug 2006, 01:31
Topic: Infinite money w/ the Wizards
Replies: 12
Views: 3413

Doesn't work. You always get back the resources you spent in the artifact, so even if you take the amulet off, you still only get the half-price amount of resources that you put in.
by sylvanllewelyn
26 Aug 2006, 03:34
Topic: Are war machines of any significant use?
Replies: 37
Views: 11768

First of all, I would not even consider the ultimate when I play. The chances are too low, the risk too high, and the reward not that amazing. Besides, five level-15 heroes can easily out-manouvre one level-25 hero on the map (and is worth less experience), basically denying you of every town and mi...
by sylvanllewelyn
26 Aug 2006, 03:06
Topic: What would 8th tier be like?
Replies: 56
Views: 14044

I think the grail can provide the hero an extra slot just for that one level 8 creature. I'm really not sure if you could, with your mythological knowledge and imagination, make that creature more powerful than a whole stack of whatever else you could've brought along. Maybe you could give the hero ...
by sylvanllewelyn
25 Aug 2006, 13:10
Topic: What would 8th tier be like?
Replies: 56
Views: 14044

Don't really care about level 8's, make thenm 1000hp for all I care. Let me explain. I think the grail is very underpowered in multiplayer. Everyone's too busy claiming mines and taking out towns. Diplomacy, if it exists, is simply "don't attack each other" or "don't enter my empty to...
by sylvanllewelyn
24 Aug 2006, 02:00
Topic: Dungeon campaign last mission troubles
Replies: 5
Views: 1702

What? You destroyed ALL the garrisons? You're good.
by sylvanllewelyn
21 Aug 2006, 13:31
Topic: Inferno - mission 3
Replies: 32
Views: 9976

I played the map the "proper" way, on heroic,l by taking the first town quickly, triggering the script, then blitz the towns and the druids. At month 3 week 1, I was fighting a siege battle and Gilraen obviously was attacking. He had about 4 times as much forces as I did, because he appara...
by sylvanllewelyn
20 Aug 2006, 11:42
Topic: Are war machines of any significant use?
Replies: 37
Views: 11768

It's not really that easy to destroy a 1000hp catapult, assuming both sides finished creeping within a REASONABLE amount of time, as in they're not newbies. Plus, if your enemy is forced to hide in their castle, you're really winning. However, if it's one of those free-for-alls where you read a book...

Go to advanced search