Search found 143 matches

by Beholder
28 Jul 2006, 19:09
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Stack Experience
Replies: 18
Views: 9262

as for creature exp: in wog options menu you can set the rate at which AI will gain experience (some sort of multiplier). This should help. Also try to collect many warlord banners and set them to +50% experience. It helps a lot. as for thunderbolt... well the twice casting is because creature exper...
by Beholder
25 Jul 2006, 13:06
Topic: Scripting
Replies: 4
Views: 3497

put this instruction
!#OW:D_player_number_/253;
and replace _player_number_ with player number (0..7) which you want to be 'castle independent'.
by Beholder
25 Jul 2006, 13:03
Topic: Pros & Cons of WoG
Replies: 30
Views: 19559

I generally like everything but especially stack experience and the fact that you can change many things using either some text files or by writing ERM scripts. I dislike the fact that sometimes you can`t finish a script without some new receivers being added. Also I think that there are too many op...
by Beholder
24 Jun 2006, 14:04
Topic: upg sharpshooters "arrows"
Replies: 13
Views: 7977

maybe 'p' as 'projectile'
by Beholder
24 Jun 2006, 06:45
Topic: Nightmare
Replies: 12
Views: 9617

Neck is definitely tooooo long :)
You could also change eyes to something more devilish, like red ones.
by Beholder
24 Jun 2006, 06:43
Topic: upg sharpshooters "arrows"
Replies: 13
Views: 7977

hm... you could extract all files and then start looking through them all, starting from files with smallest size. Since arrows aren`t big, their files should be one of the smallest...
by Beholder
23 Jun 2006, 13:34
Topic: A few questions about erm
Replies: 9
Views: 5864

Well I think that the main difference is that in WOG you can`t be sure which variables must be stored in a savegame and which are temporary variables that can be reset each time you run the game. So if you don`t know that it`s safer to save all variables - which takes more place. That`s what I think...
by Beholder
23 Jun 2006, 13:31
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3 creature editing
Replies: 96
Views: 47724

as for death ripple: it is useless, but the discussion is about raising it`s damage :) The thing is that in any ocasion death ripple should deal less damage than destroy undead because it has bigger 'spectrum' of monster to damage. creature abilities: you can change them in WOG, and if you`d want to...
by Beholder
17 Jun 2006, 19:39

It`s quite an idea... I`ll ask others wether this could be hard coded...
by Beholder
17 Jun 2006, 16:11

well I guess that you could say that wog is mostly hard coded options (c++ afaik)+ scripts (erm) + graphics. Anyway erm is one of the most impoertant things in wog. As for memory - each script uses some variables. Problems are when few scripts use the same variables (fe. one script holds there playe...
by Beholder
14 Jun 2006, 20:59
Topic: Looking for someone willing to do some scripts
Replies: 10
Views: 6222

well each version adds something new to ERM. It all depends on what you need - sometimes new options help a lot and sometimes you can find them useless for your scripts - but they can be a savior for someone else. It really depends on what you need. From my experience I`d say that it`s not worth to ...
by Beholder
14 Jun 2006, 20:54

you can already change spells using Sptraits.txt file. It has tabled info about all spells (like mana, school, damage etc) - you can change it to your liking (I suggest to open it using ERM scripter - you open it and that choose 'reopen as table' it`s very readable then). Then you place your altered...
by Beholder
11 Jun 2006, 18:30
Topic: What about WOG for Heroes V?
Replies: 15
Views: 9728

well it`s possible if you`ll clone the whole team a few times :)

So far we don`t have enough time to work on wog, so IMO it`s impossible for us to take on another project. Though maybe few people would like to deal with it, but the whole team - definitely not.
by Beholder
10 Jun 2006, 08:20
Topic: Who wants to fight with my skeletons? he
Replies: 35
Views: 10167

with 7 stack of antichrist!(they have 50% chance to paralyze your skeletons,and don't take any retaliation(if you only have one stack of skeletons,I have 350% chance to paralyze them each turn,and I can win with only 7 antichrists!(and with no misluck too))) You rather mean that you have 50% chance...
by Beholder
08 Jun 2006, 13:41
Topic: Heroes III: Monster vs Monster
Replies: 12
Views: 8224

Also take under sonsideration that the ammount of creatures also has a big difference. Fe I managed to defeat 1000 Azure dragons once but I was inable to defeat 500 faerie dragons with the same army (their spells become very powerfull).
by Beholder
06 Jun 2006, 07:53

well... armageddon could be better, because you`d have to multiply it`s damage by number of creatures on the battlefield. On the other hand you damage your own units.... Still it is a good damage dealer - it would be quite hard for your enemy to ressurect all creatures he lost (especially if you cas...
by Beholder
05 Jun 2006, 13:23

oh yeap :))) Cloak of the Undead King +XL maps... :) Just the same as that skeletons, except that it`s liches :)
by Beholder
05 Jun 2006, 10:18

I don`t have the screenshot but I had once 7 packs of ~350000 ghosts each :)
Quite easy to achieve using town demolition on XL maps...
by Beholder
03 Jun 2006, 18:32
Topic: Heroes 3 creature editing
Replies: 96
Views: 47724

try to put crtraits.txt in data folder. It works fine with WOG addon - I don`t know if it`s due to the addon or if it`s working with standard version too.
Anyway if you really want to do it then you can quite simply do it in WOG addon...
by Beholder
26 May 2006, 19:17
Topic: removing battle000.wav
Replies: 16
Views: 7980

Oh, then I`ll try to extract them... some time in the future that is ;)

Go to advanced search