Search found 79 matches

by Silence
01 Jun 2007, 07:30
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Are Titans good or evil in nature?
Replies: 30
Views: 9231

Kareeah Indaga wrote: ... the Titan Stronghold would be evil seeing as they stole the Perfect Bow.
The stronghold titans had dragons as pets and as it was said: how can someone having pets be truely evil? Maybe they saw the Perfect bow as a weapon of mass destruction and took it from human hands for safekeeping?
by Silence
30 May 2007, 18:58
Topic: Are Titans good or evil in nature?
Replies: 30
Views: 9231

I see them as persons who do not care about much anything else than their own ego. Are humans evil when they kill a bunch of bugs? Are titans evil when they kill a party of heroes?
by Silence
30 May 2007, 12:48
Forum: Articles
Topic: Deconstructed, Part 3
Replies: 50
Views: 11888

Corribus wrote: So I find it hard to believe anyone who can seriously tell me they think the H4 story was great .
Not the story, but some of the stories in case of H4.
by Silence
30 May 2007, 11:55
Forum: Campfire
Topic: The Unofficial Bate Thread
Replies: 35
Views: 8204

Panda Tar wrote:Isn't there strange things happening in Romania?
Nothing extraordinary, just the president insulting gypsies and something associated with Cannes as far as i know.
by Silence
29 May 2007, 19:59

Omega_Destroyer wrote: Then the purpose of the message board is defeated.
No. There is a difference between a message and a spamboard. And the fact that I am silent, does not mean that everyone has to.
by Silence
29 May 2007, 19:51

gravyluvr wrote: Silence is golden... but it sure can't be as much fun.
Golden or not, but better unfun (cool word) than destroying the dreamwold where everyone is living. And silence tells more than empty words.
by Silence
29 May 2007, 19:23

Oh, we aren't supposed to insult them...? Insulting is lame and too obvious call up. Provocations are sweeter, but I would leave those for politicans and evolutionists. The best would be to forget the point of this thread and just keep talking about usual things. (for me usual means naturally being...
by Silence
23 May 2007, 19:46
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Stupid descriptions
Replies: 5
Views: 2074

BlackBeast wrote:Fist of Wrath works on them. IMO that is the reason why they had to do this.
But Fist does no magical damage. It is long since i played last time, but isn't it even told in description that it does physical damage?
by Silence
20 May 2007, 18:35
Topic: Heroes IV map suggestions
Replies: 10
Views: 4169

No. Playing against a human opponent means, the OPPONENT is the difficult thing - that is, the human - not the game. Against a human opponent most games are difficult. He probably meant complex. A complex set of rules that one has to follow is a challenge (or difficulty) for players mind. Like lear...
by Silence
30 Apr 2007, 19:40
Topic: The foreign language thread
Replies: 5458
Views: 717318

Surm eesti nahapeadele!Eriti muidugi wannabe'dele. Jobukakud.
by Silence
19 Apr 2007, 07:02
Topic: When should one concede?
Replies: 14
Views: 4493

Re: When should one concede?

I'm posting this as a new topic so as not to shift the focus of the Balance in H2 - H4 topic too far off. The question is: when should a player concede? I think there are 2 questions a player has to ask himself when facing a difficult (a la kinght vs queen) situation: Do I wish to resist? (the mora...
by Silence
14 Apr 2007, 21:01
Topic: Game: Questions and answers - how well do you know Heroes?
Replies: 200
Views: 48797

One Sword of Hellfire One Shield of Damned One Breastplate of Birmstone One Dead Khazandar (not required) One Dead Khazandar's Appretince (also not required, let call them a bonus) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- That all forged together give us an Armageddon ...
by Silence
13 Apr 2007, 19:44
Topic: Countdown to 10K!
Replies: 66
Views: 12807

stefan.urlus wrote:I doubt it, I would think we'd need about 30000 users to hit 10000 active users!
Right, per each active user, two users are needed so that the third one can hit the active user with 100% probability. In one to one fights some active users would certainly manage to dodge the incoming hit.
by Silence
13 Apr 2007, 10:55
Topic: Planning to Buy ‘Tribes of the East?’
Replies: 265
Views: 56702

I think a translator is needed. The only common I see in our last posts is that we both occasionally use words "the", "a" and "heroes". Other than that they are talking about different things IMHO.
by Silence
13 Apr 2007, 10:17

Additionally we have HUMAN heroes in Dungeon which seems odd. In heroes 2 all Heroes are humans and it doesn't matter whether the troops, for example the Minotaurs or Centaurs would have some intelligence or not. About heroes which have little to do with my original point. Imagine that an evil scie...
by Silence
13 Apr 2007, 09:02

:wall:
by Silence
13 Apr 2007, 08:34

Jolly Joker wrote:Huh?
Now, you have me completely baffled. Where did I say that second quote? Or, more correct, what did I say that allows you to construct such a quote?
You said that the race based towns are no worse than the old alliance type factions. Didn't you?
by Silence
13 Apr 2007, 07:44
Topic: Game: Questions and answers - how well do you know Heroes?
Replies: 200
Views: 48797

Question: Armageddons blade is not a combination artifact that can be made by gathering the pieces. According to the story, however, three ordinary artifacts were used for AB forging. Which ones? Eh, it is not THAT hard. There has to be a blade, something that gives you the power to cast the spell ...
by Silence
13 Apr 2007, 07:38

And since you, JJ, were not sure that you got my previous point well, I will use the opportunity to say it again 1. Those who can only live on meat 2. Those who can only live on plants 3. Those who can live on both It's immediately clear that 1 and 2 are not interesting in any way. At the very same ...
by Silence
13 Apr 2007, 07:23
Topic: The Tax Man Cometh!
Replies: 137
Views: 19542

I am happy to live in a country where the tax rate is independent of income (ca 20% no matter how much money you make) and all tax declatations can be done electronically. At the time I did live in the US it was a pain. First I did not even understand whether I am an alien, resident alien or whateve...

Go to advanced search