Search found 202 matches

by innokenti
15 Dec 2006, 14:33
Forum: News
Topic: The Dark Misogynist
Replies: 77
Views: 24146

Well I have not bought DM and do not plan on it. I have hoped that it would be very successful and thereby increasing the possibility of a MMX. If the reviewer is correct in saying women are present only for sexual innuendo, then HodgePodge has it right and most of you have missed the point. In thi...
by innokenti
14 Dec 2006, 23:31
Topic: The Dark Misogynist
Replies: 77
Views: 24146

So very right on the woman-treatment front. And the rest of the story. But I feel an otherwise unfair review seriously exagerrating the minor setbacks etc. I didn't experience the bugs, so I can't comment on that aspect.I'd hope they can get back to it and play it later on a different machine and wi...
by innokenti
14 Dec 2006, 21:07
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Naga Town
Replies: 99
Views: 144232

Someone mentioned Amazons earlier and also Pirates. I think it would be very good to have perhaps one or two human creatures in a Naga town (with Naga heroes). There is no reason why they cannot get on with the Nagas and co, and it would add interesting flavour. A Naga-controlled confederation which...
by innokenti
14 Dec 2006, 20:19
Topic: Skaven town...
Replies: 16
Views: 5210

They want to steal the women and oggle at them for all eternity!
by innokenti
14 Dec 2006, 20:16
Topic: Orc Town Suggestion
Replies: 56
Views: 13012

Yup, mythological centaurs are good old ruthless boystrous women-raping horse-people who loved a good fight.
by innokenti
14 Dec 2006, 00:21
Topic: Orc Town Suggestion
Replies: 56
Views: 13012

Simple way to add variety: Spiders/Giant Spiders(Or Venomous Spiders or Eight-legged Freaks or whatever) Give them the characteristic of being hard to hit (for all that running on the ground) and the upgrade be poisonous. Make them look suitably hair and unpleasant. Goblins/Hobgoblins Make them pret...
by innokenti
10 Dec 2006, 23:55
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Favourite Soundtrack
Replies: 39
Views: 15560

It's very hard to choose. I think I'd have to go for HIV in the end for the ensemble greatness (there is not a thing I dislike about it). But on the other hand I love the HII and HIII ones to bits, the former especially for the brilliant town themes (not least the Sorceress Town one, which is one of...
by innokenti
09 Dec 2006, 10:58
Topic: The Three Rules of Nival
Replies: 118
Views: 28426

I felt I should add my bits and bobs here. I've been a fan of Heroes since II and have been a fan of Nival since Rage of Mages (or Allods as it is in Russia). Right. HeroesV is flawed. It is a good game, but flawed. I enjoyed it when I first played it soon after release, because it was new, fresh an...
by innokenti
26 Nov 2006, 19:16
Topic: Barbarian Hero/Units/Town setup suggestions
Replies: 65
Views: 13557

I'd be interested in seeing an Orc town along the lines of what we already know from Dark Messiah. They seem to be devoid of magic (and the Shaman of the tribe is a spiritual leader with a bigger stick than the others rather than a chap with funky spells) and generally goblins, cyclopes, pao-kai and...
by innokenti
20 Nov 2006, 14:31
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Titan's Quest
Replies: 47
Views: 16473

A good fresh take on the D2 formula. Much better than the very good Sacred too, and it's nice to have the Ancient World theme.

Slowly getting through it and only on normal, don't have all that much time to play unfortunately.
by innokenti
08 Nov 2006, 17:08
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Stealth... A Waste of Time?
Replies: 12
Views: 6277

I've managed to do relatively well with Stealth, but I did get it up to Level 3 pretty quickly. I think apart from when I meet undead, I can always dispatch a good number of the enemy. At one point goblins caused problems, but I just reloaded and avoided. But I agree that stealth could have been bet...
by innokenti
07 Nov 2006, 18:51
Topic: SPOILERS ! -- the Story of Dark Messiah
Replies: 28
Views: 26324

Good point.
by innokenti
07 Nov 2006, 12:27

I think the Kha-Beleth/Sar-Elam theory is extremely unlikely because of what goes on in DM. Xana clearly says that the Seventh Dragon is an enemy of your father (i.e. the Kha-Beleth) and further it appears that Sar-Elam talks to you after you cleanse yourself. So unlikely. As regards the skull. I do...
by innokenti
06 Nov 2006, 21:21

Why does the CH icon that goes at the top of the web-page remind me of the Skull of Shadows?

I think CH know something... ¬_¬
by innokenti
02 Nov 2006, 16:29
Topic: Scariest game?
Replies: 29
Views: 8039

Marzhin wrote: The original Alone in the Dark used to scare me too... but I was 8 years old when I was playing it ;)
So true.
by innokenti
02 Nov 2006, 12:26

I did actually find Doom scary when I played it for the first time, at night, alone, much younger. Come to think of it, Return to Castle Wolfenstein's early undead levels were pretty atmospheric. It had the right mix of action and creepy-scariness brought together. Shame about most of the rest of th...
by innokenti
02 Nov 2006, 09:07
Topic: Who Got The Game?
Replies: 11
Views: 6972

stefan.urlus wrote:Surely ubi would have pressured developer to release a game before she was ready
Fixed.

EDIT: That's considering I've had zilch problems though. As I understand it the main issues arise from the Steam version or something. Basically the only bug I've had is clipping.
by innokenti
01 Nov 2006, 13:10

Out of the games I've played it has to be Thief. There is a particularly spectacular level for scariness in each of them (Haunted Cathedral, Return to the Haunted Cathedral/The bit with the pagans, Shalebridge Cradle). System Shock 2 and Doom also rank up there, as does Silent Hill, but I feel Thief...
by innokenti
31 Oct 2006, 02:35
Topic: Dark Messiah Patch on Wednesday?
Replies: 17
Views: 5574

stefan.urlus - HV it took them really quite a while to get even the first patch out. Here they're being super-speedy. Besides, depending on how the game was published they could have handed over 'gold' as directed by the Ubi team and then continued fixing glitches and stuff while the game was gettin...
by innokenti
30 Oct 2006, 20:57

If Arantir had completed the ritual it would have destroyed all of Stonehelm completely and utterly using the people's souls for the binding.

Hardly a thing Good Sareth would accept.

Go to advanced search