Search found 187 matches

by pepak
Jan 4 2007, 18:53
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Eagle's nest (HOMM4)-Can't pass through the 10 quests
Replies: 8
Views: 4103

I can't help you then, I thought it was a campaign scenario or something. I didn't play it if it isn't. Sorry.
by pepak
Jan 3 2007, 10:39
Topic: Eagle's nest (HOMM4)-Can't pass through the 10 quests
Views: 4103

If you could remind me which map it is, I might be able to help you.
by pepak
Jan 2 2007, 13:45
Forum: Campfire
Topic: HOMM4: Million-GP Auction
Replies: 2676
Views: 255201

But then pepak, artifacts like Equestrian Gloves and Boots of the Explorer would be useless... But my selection would rule the day! :-))) And the other artifacts as well - the map would be a regular map and the heroes would each go their separate way - the other heroes could be transferred to a cit...
by pepak
Jan 1 2007, 15:12

Incidentally, that map idea might be worth looking into. There could be N neutral heroes (Pepak, Wimfrits, Kalah etc.), all equipped by the items they bought. A player would get to choose which Hero he wants to play, grab some level-ups and fight it with the other heroes (and perhaps some monsters) ...
by pepak
Dec 29 2006, 19:39
Forum: News
Topic: Rob King on the Ubisoft Forum
Replies: 17
Views: 3084

Rob King on the Ubisoft Forum

It was pretty amazing when I heard it for the first time, but it is easily the worst Heroes soundtrack when it comes to its "replayability". And I will NEVER forgive Ubisoft their fraudulent claims that the soundtrack would be included with the Collector's Edition.
by pepak
Dec 29 2006, 18:53

gravyluvr wrote:PS: Someone should create a map for HOMM4 called Gravyluvr's Revenge where you can go get all the artifacts back!

Or a map "Revenge on Gravyluvr", where we get to cut a lowly hero named "Gravyluvr" into pieces using the artifacts we bought :-)
by pepak
Dec 28 2006, 5:03
Topic: The Most balanced Heroes game
Replies: 23
Views: 5019

When EXACTLY you were playing it and for how long? Are you familiar with terms, decks and cards: Combo Winter, Affinity, Tolarian Academy, Oath of Druids, Survival of the Fittest, Madness, Angry Hermit, Replenish or Skullclamp? Started 1994, lost interest in 1996 or so - the beginning of the end wa...
by pepak
Dec 27 2006, 18:16
Topic: New PC
Replies: 49
Views: 14849

Re: New PC

I wonder whether it's worth it and whether there are going to be games I want that require it. That depends on the games you want to play on it. For example, I only play Heroes 4, Jagged Alliance 2, Master of Orion 2 and Spider Solitaire these days, so just about any graphics card is OK with me. If...
by pepak
Dec 27 2006, 13:58
Topic: The Most balanced Heroes game
Views: 5019

I can't decide myself. But I do have a question: Do you think that "balance" is such a good thing? Thinking about balance, I can't but think about Magic the Gathering card game, which went so far into the "let's balance everything" trap that it lost any appeal to me - it seemed to me at the time tha...
by pepak
Dec 26 2006, 16:30
Topic: H4: Magic Dampener
Views: 2497

Metathron wrote:Is that equation found in the manual?

No, this formula comes from using Basic Statistics skill :-))
by pepak
Dec 21 2006, 12:09

Crown of Enchamntment 4400.
by pepak
Dec 12 2006, 7:08
Topic: Fantasy style
Replies: 46
Views: 5043

wow, i like all of them too, and they are an eclectic group .... the one about Chronos was a challenge to read though! For Love of Evil was my favourite, you should read that DL, it's all about you and your beginnings I didn't like the Chronos and Fate ones much, but I absolutely LOVE Fr Love of Ev...
by pepak
Dec 11 2006, 20:03
Topic: Fantasy style
Replies: 46
Views: 5043

It really is quite hard to choose. I like Robert E. Howard (Conan), which is a hero against the world. I like Raymond E. Feist (Riftwar, Empire, Serpentwar etc.), which is an adventure. I like Piers Anthony (Incarnations of Immortality), which is mostly realistic. I like John Morressy (Kedrigern), w...
by pepak
Dec 11 2006, 5:53

Crown of Enchantment 4000
by pepak
Dec 10 2006, 15:04
Topic: Favourite Soundtrack
Replies: 39
Views: 8966

H4 hands down. H3 is good, but it doesn't work on its own and can't really sustain repeated listens. The same is pretty much true for H5, with the added insult that I bought the collector's edition for the soundtrack (I never expected to actually play the game) which wasn't included. H2 has the oper...
by pepak
Dec 3 2006, 21:22
Topic: Virus at the Gates!
Views: 3786

No, it can't and couldn't then, either. Last time something like that was possible was in mid-1980s.
by pepak
Dec 3 2006, 19:02

As long as it does damage only to the software youre ok.If the need is dire,you can always reinstal evrything.I still am baffled about HD of mine being fried(physically)by viruses a few years back. That's nonsense. The fried disk might have coincided with your computer getting infected, but that do...
by pepak
Dec 3 2006, 17:40

The Mad Dragon wrote:So why doesn't my connection show what the actual speed is, rather than what ti's supposed to be?

Because it is far easier to show what speed your cable supports than the actual speed.
by pepak
Dec 3 2006, 15:36

You can use a firewall behind a router. I use a router(and I hate it because it seems to cut my net speed since my net connection is supposed to be 100 megs and I don't get that speed). I would be very much surprised if your connection was to be 100 Mbps. It seems more likely it's the speed of the ...
by pepak
Dec 3 2006, 15:34

Could a computer behind a router not use a firewall at all? I don't plan to try it anytime soon, but I sometimes wonder how much protection a router provides. Almost all routers provide, in their default settings, about the same protection from internet-originated attacks as a correctly set up fire...

Go to advanced search