Search found 187 matches

by pepak
25 Jul 2006, 17:44
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Best/worst town in heroes IV
Replies: 33
Views: 25859

whats the difference between creature levels? its all same there, too.,... level 1 cant posibly stand vs lv 2, lv2 cant fight lv3, lv3 cant stand vs lv4. That's a very dangerous claim. It works on average, obviously (what would be the point of levels if a lower level was consistently stronger than ...
by pepak
24 Jul 2006, 13:50
Topic: Best/worst town in heroes IV
Replies: 33
Views: 25859

If you mean "best" and "worst" in terms of strength, then best - death worst - life (from the strongest to the weakest: death, combat, nature, order, chaos, life) If you mean "best" and "worst" in terms of fun, then best - combat worst - chaos (from the most t...
by pepak
16 Jul 2006, 15:46
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Tae-Kwon-Do (Korean Karate) does not work in real life.
Replies: 51
Views: 24575

ThunderTitan wrote:And you don't need upperbody strenght to do that at all....
No, not really. It helps, of course, but it's not strictly necessary - especially against your average bully who doesn't know any martial arts.
by pepak
16 Jul 2006, 15:38
Topic: Tae-Kwon-Do (Korean Karate) does not work in real life.
Replies: 51
Views: 24575

After 5 years you should have enough upper body strenght to throw a guy to the floor hard enough for him to think twice about getting back up. I have been training judo for some five years or so and never in that time did anyone suggest that the point was to develop strength in order to floor the o...
by pepak
09 Jul 2006, 07:44
Topic: HOMM4: Million-GP Auction
Replies: 2676
Views: 409524

Spider Silk Arrow 12000.
by pepak
05 Jul 2006, 04:14
Topic: [HOMM4] Beasts of The Nature: Strategies and Tactics
Replies: 40
Views: 15677

Mind explaining, pepak? If the hero in question can summon Water Elementals, then I think Mantises would win without a fight. It's quite simple, really: In the scenario I have in mind (low level hero, low number of units, champion difficulty), I can't depend on Mantises to deal damage - against any...
by pepak
04 Jul 2006, 04:08

Banedon wrote:It doesn't allow the Level 1 hero to beat any army though;
Maybe that's why I wrote "many armies" rather than "any army".
Mantises should be just as (or at worst marginally less) effective than Water Elementals.
You would be surprised.
by pepak
30 Jun 2006, 13:57

Water Elementals are great, but they're slow and you only need one on the battlefield anyway (or multiple single stacks). That's hardly ever an issue for me, given that I rarely bring any creatures with me. But if I do, I prefer to have a number of WEs than a number of anything else - if for no oth...
by pepak
29 Jun 2006, 04:41

1) It pretty much depends on what building I can build with given resources. If I have a choice, I usually go for the Elves. 2) Unicorns, so that I don't have to buy Citadel. 3) I buy almost exclusively Water Elementals, because their spells make them extremely strong. Once in a while I might buy a ...
by pepak
23 Jun 2006, 17:38
Topic: Is there a way to make heroes IV not suck?
Replies: 19
Views: 9054

Re: Is there a way to make heroes IV not suck?

Is there a patch or something out to improve this game. There are multiple platches and they do improve the game a little (sincle you have H4 complete, you have all the patches already installed). Still, you will get far bigger improvement by playing fan-made maps rather than the maps provided with...
by pepak
21 Jun 2006, 11:17

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Everyone involved in the Auction has a current "credit" of 45,000 gold pieces (each) except the auctioneer
Any newcomer has 45,000
On the other hand, that extra amount of money was given to those who participated in auctions 1-5 and auctions 6-8. I don't see how a newcomer qualifies.
by pepak
21 Jun 2006, 05:51
Topic: Stuck in HOMM IV-the price of peace-to slay an immortal
Replies: 1
Views: 1943

I don't quite remember the particular map, but there are several things you can try: 1) Block all four squares in front of the town with creatures, then Emilia won't be able to retreat to it 2) Buy and use a lot more Potions of Immortality than you did last time 3) Return a few scenarios back and tr...
by pepak
08 Jun 2006, 11:21
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Dynamic battles?
Replies: 27
Views: 9202

I wonder why are you playing Heroes if you want a challenge of a fast battle. Wouldn't you be better off with e.g. Starcraft or Quake?
by pepak
07 Jun 2006, 12:20
Topic: H3 / H4 - TCP/IP port settings
Replies: 1
Views: 1859

I am afraid that opening ports won't be enough - I believe at least Heroes 4 require a public IP address (beats me why - an open port should be enough, but it isn't).

The only reliable way I know to get the net games running with H4 is to play over Hamachi
by pepak
28 May 2006, 21:07
Topic: "Limited edition with soundtrack"
Replies: 14
Views: 4441

berntie wrote:I can fully understand Pepak is angry ...
Not fully: I bought the game for the soundtrack only, with the full knowledge I will never play the game itself...
by pepak
28 May 2006, 15:02

Thank you for the clarification. [rant angry="yes"] Now, for the record: This is the second time I got cheated with the Heroes franchise and I do not plan to have this experience repeated. I hereby swear I will never ever buy any Heroes game or any other game produced by UBI Soft again. Th...
by pepak
28 May 2006, 12:54

"Limited edition with soundtrack"

I have just received some very disturbing news about the soundtrack included with the limited US edition of the game (I had to order it through a friend because Ubisoft doesn't ship it outside USA [possibly Canada, too]). Could one of you please confirm or deny it? The "soundtrack" is cont...
by pepak
21 May 2006, 21:40
Topic: Heroes 5 Musical Score
Replies: 30
Views: 10254

I have ordered the collector's edition of the game for its soundtrack. I don't expect to actually play the game at all, given my bad experience with both the beta and the demo. But I liked the music samples on the official web. A side comment to those praising H3 music: I have the soundtrack to H3 (...
by pepak
21 May 2006, 21:32

Banedon wrote:It's THAT valuable?!
As far as I am concerned, it is the best artifact in the game.
by pepak
18 May 2006, 15:05

Whatever. Hideous Mask to 27310

Go to advanced search