Search found 71 matches

by Ribannah
20 Dec 2012, 23:03
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)
Replies: 218
Views: 143088

Those are two different, unrelated issues. Christian said nothing about the name of the planet. Antagarich is not in MMTribute.

Might and Magic Tribute is not 'any fan project'. We had Tim Lang on board, who checked the MMT story and topography for inconsistencies with NWC and found none.
by Ribannah
20 Dec 2012, 21:59

Now, about Karigor. How can it be that 'a small island' (think Emerald Isle) can contain: - a capital (implying the existence of other communities, too), with streets of jade no less; - TWO great churches, which are somehow able to wage centuries of war and not run out of bodies; - a great library; ...
by Ribannah
20 Dec 2012, 21:01

We know that Enroth was settled first, so it can't be a colony of another realm on the planet. The mass of a planet has very little influence on its period. Enroth, Antagarich, Vori and Karigor (north of Jadame) can nonetheless all fit on the northern hemisphere and still leave room for those large ...
by Ribannah
20 Dec 2012, 20:17

Asomath: I'm afraid that's wishful thinking. Emerald Isle would be missing, for one (while it could easily hide in the blur northwest). Another clue that we have is that there are supposed to be many lands (islands and SUBcontinents!) between Enroth and Antagarich. There aren't if Antagarich is on t...
by Ribannah
20 Dec 2012, 14:57

But you do see land on the globe. On the northern hemisphere! There are the two islands and west of them is more land. The northern one of the two islands to the west, I figure, is Dragon Isle. The southern one resembles Nighon, or Nighon may be right beyond. You can see a bit more of the globe if y...
by Ribannah
20 Dec 2012, 14:05

With regard to the map of the world, some clues have so far been ignored. One is the fact that the world is round and that therefore Antagarich can be reached from Enroth sailing either east or west. In view of the size of Enroth in relation to the size of the globe, and the fact that going east one...
by Ribannah
20 Dec 2012, 01:26

I am only suggesting that there is no inconsistency.

Similar planets in other systems would have the same name, just like there are more VARNs.

Melian is addressing inhabitants and is therefore using the name that they know.
by Ribannah
19 Dec 2012, 23:11
Topic: Children of the Void: Project Update December 1st, 2012
Replies: 14
Views: 11599

UbiSoft was only interested in Heroes, but all the rights were sold in one package when 3DO went belly-up.
by Ribannah
19 Dec 2012, 23:02

The name C.O.L.O.N.Y. (Composite Orbital Learning Opportunity Network Yielder) was approved of by Tim Lang. It is in line with names like X.E.E.N. and V.A.R.M. It is the Ancients' name for the planet. They installed a Colonial Governor. There still was one at the time of the Silence: MM7 Governor's ...
by Ribannah
06 Jun 2009, 16:43
Forum: News
Topic: Dark Messiah for $3 (US Only)
Replies: 14
Views: 4504

Dark Messiah for $3 (US Only)

Over here it's still full price.
by Ribannah
15 May 2009, 09:12
Forum: News
Topic: More about the M&M Tribute
Replies: 6
Views: 4027

More about the M&M Tribute

There is a Paypal donation jar at our SourceForge page https://sourceforge.net/projects/mmtribute.
by Ribannah
26 Apr 2009, 20:53
Topic: Might and Magic Tribute 0.43 (worth a shot)
Replies: 27
Views: 11280

Trollet wrote:Did anyone downloaded MMTribute 0.43 and got it to work? I have tried but I kind of not get it to run. I can do a lot of stuff but can not move my party at all. All I see is an overwiew map that I can not close.
Note that you need to have .NET 3.5 installed to run this version.

- Rib -
by Ribannah
20 Jan 2008, 14:23
Topic: [Storyline]The Ancients
Replies: 43
Views: 35237

Thanks.

In MMTribute we have the reign of Taledon X, not Taledon V. :)
by Ribannah
20 Jan 2008, 13:30

"Sounds fine to me. That's right along the line with what MM's always done.

If planet name was Colony, them why in MM8 it had been named Enroth?
Really? Who did that?
And when? Note that MM8 plays 89 years later than MMTribute, and in that timeframe the Ironfists established their rule.
by Ribannah
20 Jan 2008, 13:15

I can't recognize anything on these images. But, Antagarich is indeed in the northern hemiphere. The southern part of Bracada (not played on in HoMM3) is a desert; the northern part (not played on in MM7) is in the mountains, hence the snow. A link won't help you since you don't have access to the d...
by Ribannah
20 Jan 2008, 10:51

Second, while Mist is north of New Sorpigal, there is a great deal of territory north of Mist that isn’t snowy; Silver Cove and the Eel Infested Waters, for starters. So being north of an island east of Mist does not by any means even guarantee a high probability of a cold climate. Excellent, now p...
by Ribannah
20 Jan 2008, 10:35

Meandor wrote:8| anything else was approved?
Certainly. Tim is MMTribute's advisor.
by Ribannah
19 Jan 2008, 20:32

The name COLONY was approved of by Tim Lang (NWC) in 2003.

As for the location of Karigor, note that with Jadame north of Regna, if Regna were north of New Sorpigal, then Jadame would be snow-covered instead of subtropical.

- Rib -
by Ribannah
24 Feb 2007, 23:24
Topic: MM History question
Replies: 349
Views: 176379

ca. 10 BS Day of Fire May I ask from where you gain this date? I never saw any mention about date of this event and I curious where you find this date. I only know this: The legends are unclear on the exact date of the Day of Fire, but they are clear on one thing—the date of the awful Silence that ...
by Ribannah
24 Feb 2007, 18:31
Topic: MM History question
Replies: 349
Views: 176379

GHOULSBANE (MM7) (Undead slaying, Immunity to paralysis, 3-18 fire damage) Ghoulsbane was commissioned by the Church of the Sun more than 150 years ago as part of their effort to destroy the ever growing population of undead created by the Church of the Moon. Though powerful, it is only one weapon,...

Go to advanced search