Search found 952 matches

by Yurian Stonebow
19 May 2008, 08:11
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: gameplay questions about Heroes 3 (caravans, patch etc.)
Replies: 8
Views: 4561

Hello Lead and welcome to the Round Table As a Heroes III fan I think I have some knowledge of the game and its mechanics. Hopefully you will find this info to be of help. "1. Are there patches for Heroes complete to download? 2. Does there exist a caravan system in the game as in Heroes V and ...
by Yurian Stonebow
15 May 2008, 12:37
Topic: H3 - Game Notes - Not so known facts.
Replies: 150
Views: 65873

@Pol I did some more testing on my own and discovered the following: -the CPU doesn't always necessarily play its turn the same way, it changes the pattern and revaluates threats and primary targets and thus it won't attack the player every time when (re)loading the save game file -the upper row in ...
by Yurian Stonebow
14 May 2008, 12:59
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 3 creature
Replies: 170
Views: 81076

In my opinion Royal Griffins are a must have in early to mid game when playing as Castle. I never leave these creatures back home but instead take them whereever I go and send them in the midst of the enemy armed with bless and shield. And to add insult to injury, why not boosting them further with ...
by Yurian Stonebow
14 May 2008, 11:06
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 2 creature
Replies: 67
Views: 23949

In my humble opinion, the roayl Erathian marksmen are the clear number one unit of this poll. Although the marksmen are quite feeble with low amount of HP and defence, they shoot twice which is always a nice specialty. I agree with others that they make an excellent early game attacking unit. Growth...
by Yurian Stonebow
14 May 2008, 10:20

Here's another weird bug I encountered in Heroes III. It happaned thus: first, I had a large army that was having its spell points replenished at my ally's Rampart. My ally had a small garrison inside its castle and a Hero nearby the said Rampart. This is when the enemy Hero appeared. The Teal enemy...
by Yurian Stonebow
09 May 2008, 06:51
Topic: Tolkien's Middle-Earth map for H3: Testers Wanted
Replies: 49
Views: 35570

@Vlaad (and others who have questions about balance issues in "Tolkien") I may have been too optimistic when I wrote that the difficulty in "Tolkien's Middle-earth" is as perfect as can been achieved with reasonable amount of time and research spent on the subject. After more tha...
by Yurian Stonebow
07 May 2008, 14:39

@Vlaad Hello and thank you for the feedback. I think you're not being totally honest when you claim to be a casual Heroes III player. Me thinks your actions dealing with Mordor and finding all the parts of the Bow of the Sharpshooter in such an early state of the game hint at a player who is quite f...
by Yurian Stonebow
07 May 2008, 14:25
Topic: Questions and criticism concerning my Tolkien map
Replies: 13
Views: 3154

Dave_Jame at 2008-05-07 00:04 wrote: "On the tolkien Map I couldnt understand why I cant play for Rohan and Iron Hills, And I didnt finde any Wolfs (I would Personaly use Hell Hounds in sted of rider not all wolfs hade riders)" Concerning the decision to limit Rohan and Iron Hills to CPU o...
by Yurian Stonebow
07 May 2008, 11:13
Topic: Questions and criticism concerning my Tolkien map
Replies: 13
Views: 3154

Questions and criticism concerning my Tolkien map

This thread is reserved solely for any questions and/or criticism you may have about "Tolkien's Middle-earth", the newly-released H3 map.
Discussion of other matters continues in the thread originally started for map testing purposes.

Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
06 May 2008, 16:03
Topic: Minotaur Evolution
Replies: 59
Views: 57528

I voted for the Heroes III Minotaur King. Overall a great unit that deals massive damage with his high attack value. I think its only weakness is the price, 575 gold. Thankfully, when playing against them, they don't have the Block ability their comrades from Heroes IV possess. It would be too much....
by Yurian Stonebow
06 May 2008, 15:46

@UndeadHalfOrc Good to hear that you like the design of Mt. Doom. The decision to make it a two - level complex instead of just an upperworld thing was one of the most demanding of the whole project. Various forms and shapes were tried until I was finally satisfied with the execution of the plan. In...
by Yurian Stonebow
06 May 2008, 12:46
Forum: News
Topic: A good week for H3 players
Replies: 12
Views: 4957

A good week for H3 players

Muszka is right. I did make such a map last year. It is titled "Viking Invasion". The map is for the expansion Shadow of Death. You can download the regular version here at CH or contact me if you wish to play the limited special edition version. (the latter version is my top candidate for...
by Yurian Stonebow
05 May 2008, 20:53

@Muszka Thank you for the compliments on my map. I know that rarely there are people with such a dedication to playtesting maps and that makes your help even more appreciated. You must have gone through at least 6 different versions with each one being more complexly evolved from its predecessor. An...
by Yurian Stonebow
03 May 2008, 19:06

@Pol

It may be related to number of towns used in the map, effects of other events in the same town or perhaps even "only player colour this and that" related thing. etc.

Just a hunch. I hope others here have better solutions to offer.

Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
03 May 2008, 17:48
Forum: News
Topic: A good week for H3 players
Replies: 12
Views: 4957

A good week for H3 players

I wish to thank the MapArchives guys for their help with map testing and ideas how to improve the map. Especially ByteBandit and Pol deserve my special thanks for their good tips and most important, for bearing with me and my numerous small updates to the then upcoming map. Always a pleasure working...
by Yurian Stonebow
03 May 2008, 11:29
Topic: Centaur evolution
Replies: 37
Views: 17438

Since I missed this poll last fall, I'll rectify it now and vote for the Centaur Captains from Heroes III. The unit is a combination of durability and speed which could easily make it the top unit of its level. I also dig his battle gear. However, my personal choice for the best level 1 unit in H3 i...
by Yurian Stonebow
03 May 2008, 10:10
Topic: Haven Revolution
Replies: 55
Views: 24645

Angelspit put it well. The Haven of Heroes IV is boring as hell. Although the episodes 1 and 2 are not bad the way they are, I still think that there's something missing there... I have to admit that seeing units in front of their buildings as in Heroes I works to a great effect, they make the town ...
by Yurian Stonebow
02 May 2008, 20:57

@Artas1084 "Finnaly a good map of your's. Honestly your previous map suxed (looked like "RMG" made), but this new "Middle Eearth" looks realy nice from the first view, at least you made it on your own." Thank you for the feedback. From now on, I promise to leave the ran...
by Yurian Stonebow
01 May 2008, 20:06

The Map has been sent to the CH staff

Update, May 1st 2008 "Tolkien's Middle-earth" is now in the hands of the CH staff. I'm quite satisfied with the published version; I feel like a proud father seeing his newborn child for the first time. And to add to the allegory, my wife Tiare served as the projects Artistic advisor. ;) W...
by Yurian Stonebow
29 Apr 2008, 15:49
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: English language in Nival's patch ReadMe's
Replies: 10
Views: 3942

Okay. I can see the pattern: first Nival is being lazy at doing their job (the game, which has some sloppy coding resulting in numerous bugs and terrible patching problems) and Ubisoft is being lazy at hiring proper translators and other related people, next Ubisoft overlooks fan feedback and contin...

Go to advanced search