Search found 459 matches

by ywhtptgtfo
Mar 26 2007, 10:09
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM History question
Replies: 349
Views: 138710

I am inclined to disagree. The pessimism is drawn from the quality of writing and design rather than the quantity or length of the plot. The whole cosmology of Ashan, though lacks the sci fi and mysterious progenitor components, has a considerable amount of potential for good stories and themes. Ins...
by ywhtptgtfo
Mar 26 2007, 1:40
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM History question
Replies: 349
Views: 138710

After reading the 5 pages, I am once again reminded that NWC's storyline for M&M universe is >>>>>>>>>>>>> than Nival's. :(
by ywhtptgtfo
Mar 25 2007, 22:36
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: lol...Bug, first five minutes of playing HOF :) Rebels map
Replies: 14
Views: 3001

Yeah, I wonder what's wrong with Nival... that development team seems to be fond of making very obvious mistakes that even amataurs can catch.
by ywhtptgtfo
Mar 24 2007, 5:29
Topic: Help needed in C4M3!
Replies: 2
Views: 938

Err... Mytical's advice is not relevant because he is refering to C5M3. C4M3 at hard difficulty is very easy. The only challenges I find are fighting the demon reinforcement (3 in total) without losing too many troops. It's usually a good idea to take both of the initial towns within the first week....
by ywhtptgtfo
Mar 24 2007, 5:01
Topic: Heroes 5 Difficulty VS Heroes III Question
Replies: 10
Views: 2596

Yeah, Nival has made a lot of poor design decisions in Heroes 5. Aside from the alliance issue you pointed out, the UI's also quite unfriendly sometimes - i.e. it doesn't let you dismiss war machines or leave them out of battle (gets annoying if they hit the creatures you blinded).
by ywhtptgtfo
Jan 16 2007, 22:09
Topic: Heroespedia down?
Replies: 3
Views: 1458

I hope you saved a backup regularly!
by ywhtptgtfo
Sep 16 2006, 8:59
Forum: News
Topic: "I'm Evil"
Replies: 47
Views: 8329

"I'm Evil"

I don't like Psychobabble's tone in the article. He first introduced a 'problem' and then threatened to punish people who want to deal with it. Sounds rude to me. Besides, if these people want to advertise something, the choice of purchasing the product/service is still up to the readers. So... I do...
by ywhtptgtfo
Jun 21 2006, 23:45
Topic: Heroespedia Reopened for Editing
Replies: 8
Views: 2186

Heroespedia Reopened for Editing

Please do make a backup of the pages.
by ywhtptgtfo
Jun 19 2006, 20:01
Topic: CH Heroes 5 Manual Complete!
Replies: 66
Views: 18825

CH Heroes 5 Manual Complete!

This is sad... the Ubisoft company can't even do their own documentation and has to rely on fans' effort.
by ywhtptgtfo
Jun 13 2006, 9:34
Topic: My H5-rant\whine (long post)
Replies: 126
Views: 26150

Didnt even bother to pick up H5. I haven't been impressed with the screens or the demo since the start. As much as I dislike H4, I'd say H5 is even worse. I might have more fun playing H1 instead. If you liked H3, you'll like H5. Almost the whole gameplay (just improved) is there. Unles you don't l...
by ywhtptgtfo
Jun 12 2006, 15:56
Topic: My H5-rant\whine (long post)
Replies: 126
Views: 26150

Didnt even bother to pick up H5. I haven't been impressed with the screens or the demo since the start. As much as I dislike H4, I'd say H5 is even worse. I might have more fun playing H1 instead.
by ywhtptgtfo
Feb 7 2006, 22:27
Forum: Articles
Topic: Magic Spells
Views: 2300

Magic Spells

Level 10++ Dark magic spells rip through enemies like paper in late game: Shrapmetal, Dragon Breath, Souldrinker. Reanimate raises dead enemies as fodders/mercenaries and Toxic Cloud lets you hit around the corner (if you aim it right). Armageddon can be used to clear entire outdoor maps. If you are...
by ywhtptgtfo
Feb 7 2006, 22:27
Topic: Magic Spells
Views: 2300

Magic Spells

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
http://www.celestialheavens.com/136
by ywhtptgtfo
Feb 4 2006, 22:58
Topic: Title: Open Beta Tournament Cancelled
Replies: 22
Views: 4045

Open Beta Tournament Cancelled

>Its a shame players need to cheat to be a man. Cheater will always be just a little boy to me.

That's a common stereotype. Cheaters often enjoy the distress of their opponents caused by the act itself.
by ywhtptgtfo
Feb 2 2006, 5:09
Topic: Statistics of All Creatures
Replies: 38
Views: 9843

Creature Statistics

The H5 development team's creature designs can use some improvements... I mean, even creatures in H4 look better (except the portraits). I think Nival's trying to give the game an European/Anime type of theme, which will appear to certain people while disgusting other more hardcore fantasy fans...
by ywhtptgtfo
Jan 28 2006, 9:11
Topic: Jon van Caneghem
Replies: 15
Views: 6374

I wonder why the deal doesn't go off between JVC and Ubisoft. Personally, I do find it disappointing that he's not influencing the game and its plot anymore. The Holy Griffin Empire crap and universe is pretty silly compared to all those fantastic stories about Corak, Sheltem, Heavenly Forge, Enroth...
by ywhtptgtfo
Jan 16 2006, 5:01
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 4. Player versus Comp difficulty
Replies: 34
Views: 16194

I don't mind the speed of the game, but I want some challenge. The H3 AI was a pain in an ass to compete with (well probably not to pros) but the H4 AI sucked. I started another game with intermediate difficulty and I dominated the map without breaking a sweat. That's pretty disappointing...
by ywhtptgtfo
Jan 16 2006, 2:27
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 4. Player versus Comp difficulty
Replies: 34
Views: 16194

Heroes 4. Player versus Comp difficulty

Hi. I've been playing H4 again lately and played single player scenarios under the "Champion" difficulty. The games were exceedingly long because of the creeps and the comp players had pathetic AI. Is it supposed to be like this? Should I play single player at all in this game?
by ywhtptgtfo
Oct 25 2005, 5:26
Topic: Trip Hawkins' Letter to the Editor
Replies: 5
Views: 1893

Trip's such a bragger. He thinks he is the ****.

Go to advanced search