Search found 1868 matches

by wimfrits
Sep 4 2005, 10:11
Forum: Articles
Topic: Discourses of M&M
Replies: 90
Views: 21092

@ Corribus: Good points; I agree! I'm pretty much devoted to H4 indeed, but I'd like to point out that I've played a lot more of H3 so far (logical considering the games' release dates). I love both games, but I became bored with H3's relatively superficial nature eventually. H4's system opened up a...
by wimfrits
Sep 3 2005, 8:42

- "What we do know is that heroes off the battlefield works" Both systems have their flaws. After playing a game for a significant amount of time, you simply do not see the flaws anymore. - "A game based off H3 will work if done properly" Depends on how you define 'work' I guess. Technically, the mo...
by wimfrits
Aug 30 2005, 9:36

@ Corribus: Sure, I agree. Thought we were talking about combat AI earlier though. A quick comparative scan of balance factors would lead me to say that H4 adv AI was flawed, and H3 towns, creatures, skills, specialties and spells were unbalanced. I still think H4 is overall better balanced than H3,...
by wimfrits
Aug 30 2005, 6:36
Forum: News
Topic: Map Contest Results
Replies: 18
Views: 4387

Well done Vlaad!

@ Psychobabble: I don't think the cheese refered to anything else than Alkmaar being famous for it's 'cheese-market'
by wimfrits
Aug 29 2005, 7:52

@ Corribus: You're right in that H4 combat AI had it's quirks. But so did the AI in H3; so I don't really see the point there. Beating the AI in combat generally was easier in H3, so I'd say that combat AI in H3 was less advanced than in H4. Whether I call it unbalanced or unfinished makes enough di...
by wimfrits
Aug 28 2005, 13:35

Nice read again. I agree completely with the 'facts' on company-consumer relation you put forth. On fact#1 - Terming H4 "woefully unbalanced" is too much I think. The AI is unbalanced in that it is unfinished; heroes can be unbalanced in certain cases; but overall I'd say that balance in H4 is a lot...
by wimfrits
Aug 19 2005, 6:57

Nice read! Two points of disagreement : The examples of games that cloned and prospered you put forth, basically come down to using the same engine in a new playground. Which makes perfect sense for those types of games. The analogy in HoMM however is not a cloned game, but ‘a new map’. For which yo...
by wimfrits
Apr 11 2005, 14:02
Topic: Map Contest
Replies: 7
Views: 2455

Indeed GOW. It just needs 2 of the themes. Location is up to you.

Go to advanced search