Search found 51 matches

by Bones_xa
07 Jan 2013, 03:16
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Better M&M 7 Dark Party?
Replies: 14
Views: 7487

A magic based dark party that I made that I thought was pretty awesome was DDSS. The druids get +3 to all magic skills after you become warlocks and get the dragon, and that is in addition to any various "of magic" items. The sorcs when they become liches become immune to mind and body mag...
by Bones_xa
31 Dec 2012, 03:12
Topic: Town Portal Mechanics
Replies: 14
Views: 10132

I'll say MM6 because you don't even have to be master or even expert to learn it. Even though you can't choose the town at low level its still useful for quickly getting back to the fountain in center of town.
Also isn't it level 12 required for MM6, not 10?
by Bones_xa
29 Dec 2012, 17:15
Topic: Favorite MM game
Replies: 35
Views: 19876

I don't know my favorite because I have not played all the MMs. I only played through 6, 7, & 8 completely, and I only am at about just under half way through MM3 and Xeen I have not started. This was posted in the other thread but its a good example of why MM7 is definitely NOT my favorite: The...
by Bones_xa
27 Dec 2012, 23:31
Topic: Started a New game of MM8 after 10+ years
Replies: 16
Views: 11156

BoardGuest808888 wrote: 7. Volog Sandwind. Troll.
Whats so great about him? I don't recall that he have very great starting stats. Not much better than Overdune (the guy that joins you as the witness).
Also doesn't Volog join you after you find the troll home? So he's not that easy to get.
by Bones_xa
27 Dec 2012, 23:27

I tend to use only hirelings that are close to the level of the main character. Otherwise arena battles become extremely difficult, as the enemies there seem chosen depending on the highest level character in the party... Me too, but not because of the arena but just more for balance. Like if you g...
by Bones_xa
27 Dec 2012, 23:07
Topic: MMVII Party?
Replies: 40
Views: 16055

for alchemy Do you really mix black and white potions? How often? Isn't it easier to buy them instead? I actually do prefer to make them myself over buying them if one of my chars can. I find it more annoying having to buy them all from shops cause you got to keep reloading until they got the ones ...
by Bones_xa
25 Dec 2012, 17:07
Topic: MMVII Party?
Replies: 40
Views: 16055

but definitely a time limit. Yeah, both game time and also a painful load of real time too. I don't care that much about how hard promotion quests are, if I want certain members for a party I choose them. If I want a certain party makeup sometimes druids are the only option for getting town portal ...
by Bones_xa
18 Dec 2012, 15:10

Yeah the game is pretty open, you have lots of choices at mostly any point in what you want to do. After you bring that troll witness to Alvar your next mainline quest will be to form the alliances. The first one I always do is the minotaurs because then you can town-portal to their lair, which is a...
by Bones_xa
15 Dec 2012, 19:10
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Why is this community so quiet?
Replies: 48
Views: 30398

Yes I hear you ShadowLiberal, and agree. Also: I was just reading somewhere else where a person said that the newer Heroes of MM like 5 & 6 were made for kids. I think that is definitely true too. Also with a lot of the newer games of today; they seem to be made for kids, or at least not for peo...
by Bones_xa
15 Dec 2012, 18:22
Topic: Why is this community so quiet?
Replies: 48
Views: 30398

I find it neat that this forum is even active at all considering most of the topics are on games from up to around 20 years ago. The new mm heroes 6 is basically just an attempt to milk something great and just another product to sell and thus it is not as genuine and thats why it is not as successf...
by Bones_xa
13 Dec 2012, 21:53
Topic: Started MM3
Replies: 9
Views: 4775

Ok I am at the point right now where I think I should quit this crappy snes version and go with the pc version. From what I see it looks to be so much better and probably a much more enjoyable experience.
by Bones_xa
12 Dec 2012, 18:37

I still can not buy at the shops, even when I have space in inventory and way more gold than required for the item. Maybe do I have to have nothing equipped? I'm thinking that this copy of the game I have might be bugged, I'm playing it from an snes emulator. I also cannot seem to get detect magic s...
by Bones_xa
11 Dec 2012, 04:17

Started MM3

So I've started MM3 on the snes. I'm sure its better as the pc version but I don't know where to get that. I'd like to start world of xeen too later on but I don't how I'm going to get it... At first it was hard to get into because I didn't know where to go or what the heck to do. But now after play...
by Bones_xa
23 Nov 2012, 18:04
Topic: Hangman vol. VIII
Replies: 2561
Views: 437581

Y ?
by Bones_xa
16 Nov 2012, 18:32

Y ?
by Bones_xa
14 Nov 2012, 01:10
Forum: Articles
Topic: Tavern Heroes
Replies: 41
Views: 17214

Of course the heroes from Heroes 2, 3, and 4 look the coolest. They are good except Jeddite I think looks too thin, I didn't really like Lord Haart's portrait, and Tazar could be a little better I think (in terms of not over-exaggerated like the how the new heroes are). The descriptions were fine to...
by Bones_xa
14 Nov 2012, 00:00
Forum: Articles
Topic: Lizard Warriors vs. Marksmen
Views: 5774

Yay for the lizard warriors. I always liked them better.
Its funny that the marksmen will run out of shots if the battle goes on long and then they will be forced to walk over.
by Bones_xa
13 Nov 2012, 23:09

X?
by Bones_xa
13 Nov 2012, 16:58
Topic: Heroes and time-management
Replies: 7
Views: 10475

I also take large gaps of not playing for months but always come back to them every once and a while. During university (I've graduated some years ago) I didn't play heroes that much but did play a few other games. One I remember in particular was Diablo 2. I would often play pc games when I got hom...
by Bones_xa
12 Nov 2012, 23:57
Topic: Are curse, feeblemind, etc., completely useless?
Replies: 1
Views: 1641

Are curse, feeblemind, etc., completely useless?

Whenever I cast spells like curse and feeblemind on enemies they never seem to do anything. Do they do anything? As an example, I've tried many times casting feeblemind and curse on creatures such as druids, harpies, fire archers, etc. and they continue to throw spells at me not seeming to be effect...

Go to advanced search