Search found 335 matches

by markkur
Sep 15 2015, 20:58
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H5 Naming Random Towns
Replies: 8
Views: 2403

Re: H5 Naming Random Towns

I guess I don't understand why you would choose Random if you want all the players towns to match. When I wanted the same as I "think" you described,, I picked the same faction-town and then changed the specialty and then the name and they did stick. I tried to name a fully random town but...
by markkur
Sep 12 2015, 13:02
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Randomness - vol. IV
Replies: 1659
Views: 200389

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

No, wherever you live. I often hear about people like myself living "out in the sticks" not having a good transfer rate and I was just wondering how other folks fare around the big blue marble, of course in the states too if anyone is around. <S>
by markkur
Sep 10 2015, 21:39
Topic: Randomness - vol. IV
Replies: 1659
Views: 200389

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

I live in the country (Missouri county)and I'm wondering how fast my download-times might compare to other regions. My last download bounced from 500kb/ps to 700kb.ps and I'd guess my avg. is around 625. Anybody know their D/L speed?
by markkur
Aug 27 2015, 13:51
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Corrupt Saved Games
Replies: 3
Views: 1448

Re: Corrupt Saved Games

I did delete all of my old saved games and this seemed to help but the game still shut down when I tried to reload a saved game. Just one comment about the above; always "exit the game" and then go back into for "any" reload. Might not make any difference in this instance but I'...
by markkur
Aug 22 2015, 19:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Corrupt Saved Games
Views: 1448

Re: Corrupt Saved Games

Which game Is this? And it's a non-campaign map you're playing...correct? If this is V, and I had something like this happening to the base-game...I reinstall again and delete all saves or at the very least get everything out of the normal file trees. Btw, years back I did a "archive-copy"...
by markkur
Aug 17 2015, 23:55
Topic: A Hidden Battle in Game Deveopment Today?
Views: 1230

Re: A Hidden Battle in Game Deveopment Today?

Good discussion gentlemen, your points are all well founded. Don't really have anything one comment to Pitsu's about the "scripting in what was missing"...talking about "by the seat of their pants"<L>

For 7? Here's hopin'<wink and a nod>
by markkur
Aug 17 2015, 17:24
Topic: A Hidden Battle in Game Deveopment Today?
Views: 1230

A Hidden Battle in Game Deveopment Today?

Single-player versus Multi-player and the impacts on game design. For a quite a while, I've been wondering why we have so much conflict around PC-games in general? It seems no matter which forum I visit and what game, they are loaded with heated debates about many topics surrounding The Game . To s...
by markkur
Aug 16 2015, 13:10
Topic: In Memoriam...
Replies: 354
Views: 72973

Re: In Memoriam...

George Cole; the British actor most famous for his role in the British TV show Minder, but I will also remember him for his role in the 1951 version of the Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim, where he played the Young Ebenezer Scrooge along with Patrick Macnee, who played the young Jacob Marley; wit...
by markkur
Aug 11 2015, 14:59
Topic: Firewall, Anti-Virus, Spyware FAQs
Replies: 30
Views: 14468

Re: Firewall, Anti-Virus, Spyware FAQs

Ok then. Thanks a lot.
by markkur
Aug 8 2015, 16:39

In what exact folder do you see them? under..."user-name"/temp Nah, I'm still using Firefox as my main. Less inquisitive than Chrome, pretty speedy with many addons. Also Opera is again growing, after fall of Opera12. With two of you still using Firefox...guess I'll go back...home. :D And...
by markkur
Aug 7 2015, 16:40

Both of these are actually good things, you just need to change your mindset about it. (It helps to come from a UNIX background, where this was the case from the get-go :D ) If you're bothered by things going into Documents, just stop using Documents for personal files and make a new directory in y...
by markkur
Aug 6 2015, 13:00

Hopefully this is on topic m/l. I detest the way Windows has gone. Damnit how I long for 98 when I was the only one that controlled what the heck happened in MY pc. I have a Win7 question for you gurus. Since the start of the year (at times) I'm getting large dumps of temp-files into my "owners...
by markkur
Jul 31 2015, 15:52
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Map Editor
Replies: 38
Views: 9719

Re: Map Editor

A quick look and it looks good. I see some of the previous editors, making the new editor appear a fine merge. Use will tell.

Now if only the game itself would not ruin the efforts put into editor by its playability.

Second that.
by markkur
Jul 26 2015, 21:19
Topic: Heroes V ToE - The Agbeth problem
Replies: 13
Views: 3661

Re: Heroes V ToE - The Agbeth problem

Seeing that pic...made my day. Just awesome that is.

Make it great!
by markkur
Jul 26 2015, 14:42

Success! At putting Agbeth/Ranleth face on "my" map. The Bio-text is still Yrbeth but to change that you'll need to create the correct file. Btw, I found all the texture files...of course they were in the "Data" folder in DATA. Like I said, it's been a while. Anyway, do the place...
by markkur
Jul 26 2015, 13:50

It's listed as a TotE SP scenario. Here are all the Original game Maps, repackaged as .h5m files http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/original_maps.shtml For some reason I can no longer see the texture files (file-tree) in the Editor. I can only see three locations of Heroes and yet I know t...
by markkur
Jul 26 2015, 7:26

I found Agbeth's pictures. Use 7zip to open Hate breeds Hate and copy the 4 "Ranleth" files to "Downloads" and you move them from there. The first time I looked inside the files I didn't bother...it said Ranleth after all, but this time I previewed them in Photoshop and those are...
by markkur
Jul 25 2015, 12:26
Topic: HOMM V ToE !!!HELP!!! Missing Hero, corrupting map?!
Views: 2574

Re: HOMM V ToE !!!HELP!!! Missing Hero, corrupting map?!

I only wish I'd been able to help. If you figure this out...come back and post the findings.

Pob lwc! Magelord
by markkur
Jul 24 2015, 15:06

I'm defeated...I give up. Looking about, I decided to "force the issue" by creating a "AdvSharedHero" blahdebalh (there isn't one listed for Agbeth in the same way as the others) and inserted the file into the "Available Heroes" list inside of Map-Properties. I made it ...
by markkur
Jul 24 2015, 11:03

I've had that happen. One problem I used to have was a Hero "somehow" was placed "at the very corner of the map." What happened then I've no idea. Couple of "serious straw grasps" :D 1. I doubt you would/could have but...Did you change any numbers in the Hero's location...

Go to advanced search