Views: 185755

All maps, please :)
by BTB
Apr 11 2015, 14:18
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]
Replies: 674

I just want to say that it's really great to see you still around and active, Grayface. You've been exceptionally helpful over the last many years whenever you've crossed my path, and I have high hopes that you will eventually give me the tools I need to turn MM7 into the game I know it can be. I ju...
by BTB
Apr 11 2015, 14:12
Topic: Modding skill level perks in MM7?
Replies: 8
Views: 3322

Modding skill level perks in MM7?

Ok, so this is a question I'm asking largely already knowing the answer to, the answer being that there are only a select few among us who have looked through the .exe long and hard enough to find the offsets necessary to make these sorts of changes. So, rather than ask general questions about how t...
by BTB
Sep 18 2014, 18:07
Topic: Working on an extensive MM7 mod... here's what I've got.
Replies: 36
Views: 14936

So, really, what the more pressing issue is the lack of balance between character speeds due to buffs making it possible to eliminate speed penalties entirely, is what I'm hearing.

Thanks for that info. It lets me know which direction I need to be thinking in.
by BTB
Sep 18 2014, 17:06

I won't have time to write a more proper response until later, but one thing I keep noticing about your comments that I keep meaning to ask is how you so reliably get the recovery time down to 30 for most of your characters? A plate-wearing Paladin starts at 95, gets maybe 10 from speed and we'll be...
by BTB
Sep 17 2014, 21:46
Topic: Need help building MM7 mod
Views: 3263

I figure I'll throw in my two cents here, as you've been nice enough to do the same. I'll preface this by saying that I have a... rather long background in modding. Most recently, I've spend the last two and a half years on an overhaul of Final Fantasy VI. So, this is coming from much more of a deve...
by BTB
Sep 17 2014, 17:26

Thanks for your help posted in my "need help with MM7 mod" thread. I've been reading your balance mod description and wanted to give honest feedback. Awesome, thanks. I've actually picked up MM8LevelEditor and figured out that I can use it to edit the .evt files in the game, which opens u...
by BTB
Sep 17 2014, 14:34

First, two general responses - the overall strength of the weapons will be balanced, as well. Axes, in particular, need to be made much stronger to remain competetive. Maces and daggers, on the other hand, need to be a bit weaker (especially given that the former gets a damage bonus from expert leve...
by BTB
Sep 17 2014, 0:42

Working on an extensive MM7 mod... here's what I've got.

All right, for those of you just joining me... first of all, hi there. Secondly, I am working on a mod for Might & Magic VII that is very extensive in scope and am continuing to update this initial post as I progress. I am aware that many other folks on this forum are also working on projects of...
by BTB
Sep 16 2014, 21:43

I'm kind of in the same boat the the guy above. I'm trying to modify the events in Global.evt, but I don't know how to inject them into the game. I wish I could just directly edit the decompiled script I got from Greyface's site, as that would be easiest. For example, let's say I want to edit barrel...
by BTB
Sep 15 2014, 1:02

Most spell data is going to be in the "Spells2" table file that gets generated by the program I linked to above. That lets you edit spell costs, recovery times, and damage.

All you'll find in events.lod is elemental effects.
by BTB
Sep 14 2014, 13:22

Ok, now for a slightly more informative post. First of all, here's a thread to read: http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10423 Download the program there, which basically allows you to edit anything in the executable file, provided the hex offset is known. When you run the game on...
by BTB
Sep 14 2014, 13:06
Topic: Question(s) about modding MM7
Replies: 9
Views: 4160

Hey, Greyface. Sorry I haven't been around in a long while... kinda got caught up in one of my other modding projects (Final Fantasy VI), but I've been looking back into this lately. First of all, thank you again for the stat break code. Here's what I ended up with: local vals = { 500, 50, 450,...
by BTB
Sep 14 2014, 12:55

(Reposted below)
by BTB
Feb 20 2013, 6:53

Excellent!

What do I name the file that I create? "Vals"? Or does it matter?
by BTB
Feb 17 2013, 22:42

For stats: At 4EDEA4 is array of 2-byte stat breakpoints. At 4EDEE0 is array of 1-byte bonuses. E.g. in MMExt script in General folder: mem.i2[4EDEA4 + 3*2] = 275 mem.i2[4EDEE0 + 3*1] = 19 This would set the default breakpoint #3 and corresponding bonus to their default values. See https://sites.go...
by BTB
Feb 3 2013, 4:36

I get that if I just update the text files in the "tables" folder that the game should load them automatically, but is there a way to go about simply injecting the new tables into the .exe file?
by BTB
Feb 2 2013, 17:22

Bandobras Took wrote:Not that I have the answer to your questions, but that Skill Table Editor sounds interesting -- where can I find it?

http://btb2.free.fr/files/mm7_utilities.zip

I'm looking at Grayface's MM7 extension right now, and it appears to allow this functionality, as well.
by BTB
Feb 2 2013, 10:30

Question(s) about modding MM7

So, I have this habit about modding games (someone here once recognized me for my Morrowind mod, and I just got done totally overhauling Final Fantasy VI). And I've sort of already accomplished most of what I want with MM7 just by using St0rmcat's MM7 Viewer to edit the text files in events.lod and ...
by BTB
Sep 21 2011, 17:37
Topic: Games similar to Might and Magic?
Replies: 39
Views: 17260

ohhh shiii. I didn't even notice that you are BTB when I suggested Morrowind Overhaul over all of your preferred mods. Then again Morrowind Overhaul probably uses tons of your preferred mods. I DO think 'BTB's Game Improvements' are really important. Don't worry about it. I've got a huge amount of ...

Go to advanced search