Search found 316 matches

by Vlaad II
11 Mar 2008, 18:26
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: The Return of the King (new XXXL map)
Replies: 50
Views: 16548

The map has no scripts whatsoever but modifies some shared files. It's like any other map/mod. The scenario cannot affect your game if you reinstalled it... I dunno, try to manually delete any remaining files after uninstallation (not just in your Heroes folder, but also in My Games and such). No id...
by Vlaad II
09 Mar 2008, 20:49
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: The Art of Heroes 3
Replies: 57
Views: 54961

Were these for NWC's H5 (the Phoenix!) or for some other game(s)?

by Vlaad II
05 Mar 2008, 19:05
Topic: Maps, maps, maps
Replies: 14
Views: 12955

Please pardon me for reviving this thread. The maps are downloadable from www.heroesofmightandmagic.com. I downloaded the H5 single player scenarios, the ones that are supposed to be played under ToE. Then I tried to play "The Refugee" in ToE, and got very weird errors. The main hero, Nad...
by Vlaad II
01 Mar 2008, 21:27
Forum: News
Topic: On Iron Lore and PC Gaming
Replies: 102
Views: 26214

Re: On Iron Lore and PC Gaming

theGryphon wrote:Killing the rapist right at the time of event might be OK but killing him after a week of tracking him down is not OK.
Good to know.
by Vlaad II
01 Mar 2008, 05:41

PhoenixReborn wrote:But you don't have to play games. You could take up reading. Or do your countries not have free public libraries?
Real classy. What's next - "yo mama..." jokes?
by Vlaad II
29 Feb 2008, 20:48

While I do understand and sympathize with the points made by Infiltrator, Muszka, theLuckyDragon, Jolly Joker et al, and tend to agree, I really don't think there is any call for being rude, calling the other ignorant or dumb, and these words have appeared on both sides of the fence. When well-reas...
by Vlaad II
29 Feb 2008, 20:44

Corribus, what would Ubisoft lose if I bought a pirated copy of H5? Nothing, because I wouldn't have bought the legal version anyway - I simply couldn't afford it. It's the piracy in rich countries that damages the sales, not East Europe or China. So because Ubisoft doesn't (according to you) lose ...
by Vlaad II
29 Feb 2008, 20:33

If an average Chinese gamer had an option to get a legal copy of his favorite game for, I dunno, 5 instead of 50$, perhaps he would? Oh, so you've been living in China as well? That thread makes me wish I was poorer... :) I find it interesting you are nit-picking, answering only my side arguments. ...
by Vlaad II
29 Feb 2008, 19:58

Developers have to find new ways to distribute their games - make them available for download for reasonable prices (additionally depending on region, maybe)...? If 90% of people are not buying the games, will decreasing prices make such a difference in the end? Please educate us, anti-piracy advoc...
by Vlaad II
29 Feb 2008, 19:32

Corribus, what would Ubisoft lose if I bought a pirated copy of H5? Nothing, because I wouldn't have bought the legal version anyway - I simply couldn't afford it. It's the piracy in rich countries that damages the sales, not East Europe or China. Again, let's assume piracy is banned altogether, sta...
by Vlaad II
29 Feb 2008, 17:47

Stop hosting maps made by pirated editors, delete articles and comics based on pirated software, ban members who play pirated games, fire CH staff members who buy pirated CDs...? :D Where did I suggest such actions exactly? Who said you suggested it...? :) You wrote you were "really surprised ...
by Vlaad II
29 Feb 2008, 17:21

Whoa, what's with the holier-than-thou attitude, folks? :D No, piracy is not OK, but people who can't afford games are not the problem - they wouldn't buy them anyway. I understand that was the initial topic here. @ Angelspit: And where would you draw the line...? Stop hosting maps made by pirated e...
by Vlaad II
24 Feb 2008, 16:47

parcaleste wrote:Off :)
That might be it.

This map should be played with eyecandies ON. ;)
Sucky memo-card[/i] :(
Mine isn't great either, but I haven't noticed the card is the problem... If I lower the resolution, the map runs smoothly.
by Vlaad II
23 Feb 2008, 22:59

OK, thanks. So it's the Necropolis blank objects... Eyecandies on or off?
by Vlaad II
23 Feb 2008, 20:00

What about eyecandies? Lepastur, do you have them ON or OFF?
by Vlaad II
23 Feb 2008, 19:52

The objects show up in my game... Here's how the town in the frst screen (above) should look like: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/vlaadisha/isengard1.jpg The black tower is a blank object (no function) and represents Orthanc, Saruman's tower. Parcaleste, what about Sauron's Barad-dur - does ...
by Vlaad II
23 Feb 2008, 00:19

The gate separates Mordor from the desert in the north.

How come the objects show up in my game...?!

Are you using other customized maps or mods, such as Legends of the Ancients?
by Vlaad II
22 Feb 2008, 21:01

I got some feedback from the Spanish community... They've experienced a strange bug - the blank objects (namely the Necropolis tower and gate) do not appear (or rather, they are in game but transparent or invisible, although impassable). Any ideas...? This was supposed to be Isengard, but Orthanc is...
by Vlaad II
22 Feb 2008, 07:05
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Why Is WoG So Unstable?
Replies: 10
Views: 5265

Install 3.58f, reinstall if it keeps crashing, don't wogify WoG maps.

Go to advanced search