Search found 84 matches

by Quantomas
21 Apr 2018, 17:31
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: H7 vs taking things into our own hands
Replies: 113
Views: 95223

Re: H7 vs taking things into our own hands

:wall: It has turned a bit into a slog. :up: Technically, there is one week of coding left to complete. 8| But the thing is that most of the work is of a conceptual nature, to figure out how intelligence truly works. It's big and the progress that has been made is mind-boggling. The fundamental conn...
by Quantomas
20 Feb 2018, 09:38
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 310921

Re: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Good news and good work, mctronic!

Maybe I can finish the new AI in time for you guys to test Book 3.
by Quantomas
13 Jun 2017, 15:22
Topic: Pathfinder - Kingmaker
Replies: 1
Views: 3072

Re: Pathfinder - Kingmaker

Absolutely worth backing.

The bigger reveals are still coming.
by Quantomas
27 Feb 2017, 14:40
Forum: News
Topic: JVC Skype Interview on Matt Chat 366
Replies: 22
Views: 16010

Re: JVC Skype Interview on Matt Chat 366

Thanks for the info. I may try that. The business side of mobiles is not as simple as many think. Most people think they get rich quickly, but the big earners are only those at the top of the charts. Business might be more reliable on the PC. JVC could easily build a more advanced game based on what...
by Quantomas
26 Feb 2017, 22:52

Sure the Heroes fans are starving for something good after VI and VII. ;)

Did JVC say when Creature Quest is coming to PC?
by Quantomas
10 Feb 2017, 12:18

For me the two main takeaways of the interview with JVC are his investment in the games he creates and his interest in the Might & Magic brand. It wasn't clear for me whether JVC is just an entrepreneur out to make money, after all making a mobile game is clearly following the trend, or has a pa...
by Quantomas
05 Feb 2017, 19:10
Forum: Articles
Topic: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem
Replies: 21
Views: 25109

Interview with Jon Van Caneghem

Jon Van Caneghem in a recent video interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue2EvW-0oTU
by Quantomas
28 Jan 2017, 19:03
Forum: Articles
Topic: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem
Replies: 21
Views: 25109

Re: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem

Who did know that Jon Van Caneghem is a successful racing driver?

Apparently he likes to be at the wheel and in control. This mindset is what you need to successfully create a Heroes of Might and Magic game. Makes perfect sense to me.
by Quantomas
14 Jan 2017, 15:22
Topic: Marzhin Moving On
Replies: 45
Views: 26418

Re: Marzhin Moving On

Thank you for your answer. One day you might realise that you are now the most senior Might & Magic creative talent Ubisoft has, if the management indeed recognizes Erwan's effort as a failure. He is possibly still credited the 2 million sales of Heroes V and the reasonable sales of H6, but ulti...
by Quantomas
22 Dec 2016, 20:02
Topic: Marzhin Moving On
Replies: 45
Views: 26418

Re: Marzhin Moving On

I assume you mean mock-ups of the landscape. May I ask what tools you use for this? On a different note, it is such a pity that your Lota 2 was not completed, because your first part was such an outstanding achievement. As I understand it, the team working on Lota 2 had already most of the work on t...
by Quantomas
22 Dec 2016, 19:25

I wish happy holidays to all of the Christian faith. To all go my best wishes for a peaceful and inspirational period leading up to the new year. I wish I could thank all who have contributed to this project in one way or another by presenting finally the 3.2 release. Alas, as much as I tried, it wa...
by Quantomas
12 Oct 2016, 19:42

Cheers guys. :) Indeed, innovation is helped by courage and vision. Detractors and ignorants are everywhere. Yesterday I watched the CitizenCon 2016 presentation ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0 ). It does not look grand, but it is great stuff, honestly. Most of you have seen the forums...
by Quantomas
20 Sep 2016, 14:52

TESLA MINDS LTD is already set up legally. The main issue why the development is slow is that I only get a couple hours to work on the code each day, which is primarily a financial issue. There isn't that much left to do, at least compared to the entire task, but things have to change if we really w...
by Quantomas
18 Sep 2016, 14:54

Sorry for the late reply, but the CH notification robot failed me somehow. Nice to hear that you like the H5 gameplay. I always found it cool, all it lacks is a competent AI. But that is being worked upon. :wall: Hopefully we can all play it in the near future. In general things are looking good and...
by Quantomas
03 Jul 2016, 11:12

Actually, I stopped playing GalCiv because of the AI. Have you ever examined the planets of your opponents after you take them over? This AI couldn't even get the basics right and the conclusion is simply the only way that the opponents appear to be powerful are massive cheats. Ubisoft and Limbic ar...
by Quantomas
02 Jul 2016, 13:44

If there was another, less talented, less experienced and less ethical programmer, who just wanted to fix H4 AI and ready to type all his code by himself with no help from assistants and junior programmers - what would you tell him? Start with a more simple project. Try to get a grip on the AI in t...
by Quantomas
01 Jul 2016, 20:37

To clarify a couple of things: I studied computer science quite some time ago and used that knowledge to work on highly advanced tech. I worked for large and small companies and had the good fortune to pick up a good deal of organizational and management skills as well. Today I could work fulltime o...
by Quantomas
01 Jul 2016, 18:41

:no: Not so. IMHO a remaster of H4 would need to address more than one issue: the AI of course, the battlefield, and somehow a smart solution will be required to rework the heroes' presence on the battlefield. Do you think I only could do that if I were hired? Mostly it requires access to the source...
by Quantomas
30 Jun 2016, 12:16

I honestly believe that Heroes of the Ancient Order can revive the community big time. We can revive the popularity of Heroes V and build a much more advanced game, with a lightning fast and competent AI to start with. CH may blossom again and we might make it a popular destination once more. My adv...

Go to advanced search