Search found 105 matches

by mkienenb
31 Dec 2009, 14:21
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might & Magic 2
Replies: 8
Views: 4124

Prima Guide MM1-5

Don't bother with the Prima Guide book. There is no information for MM1-2 in it, despite the name of the guide.

What's there for the other three isn't much better. It doesn't even make a good reference due to missing information and badly presented information.
by mkienenb
30 Dec 2009, 20:31
Topic: Arcomage 0.3
Replies: 58
Views: 24039

big endian

I forgot to mention that the data seems to be in big endian format, which is unusual for pc software, but the standard for an AIF file:

http://muratnkonar.com/aiff/index.html
by mkienenb
30 Dec 2009, 20:19

peliminary analysis of format of Sounds

Well, it doesn't appear to be a lod file. I think it's one sound file stored after another. I see nothing at the start of the file which would indicate where the next file starts other than the length I talk about below. My guess is that the sound data entries are compressed, since compressing the e...
by mkienenb
30 Dec 2009, 17:46

Sounds file format

I have one question - how do you extract sounds from the original Arcomage? It has a single "Sounds" file without an extension, and adding .snd doesn't make it readable by any LOD manipulation programs. When opened with a text editor, I can see the sound names (they seem to have an extens...
by mkienenb
30 Dec 2009, 16:28
Topic: Color Palettes
Replies: 36
Views: 16097

MM8LevelEditor image import palette handling

The MM8LevelEditor is able to reliably Import and Export any and all LOD-related files including .TGA.BMPs, .SPRITE.BMPs, .PCX formats, .SMK videos, et al. I've successfully done this dozens (if not hundreds) of times without problem or incident. BDJ[/size] Well, there have been some reports of bug...

Go to advanced search