Search found 105 matches

by mkienenb
29 Mar 2011, 18:24
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM 6/7/8 Total Remake
Replies: 306
Views: 417590

Since I'm "some other guy" I'll make brief comments on this. If you want to discuss it further, start a new thread and send me an email or pm about the thread as I don't check the forums all that often. Whoops, sorry then. Until now I was only aware of AngelDeath's (=AD) Map Viewers http:...
by mkienenb
29 Mar 2011, 17:51

Speaking of which: it seems that AngelDeath, GrayFace aka sergroj and some other guy are collaborating in a project which aims to revive the old MM8-Leveleditor: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mm8leveleditor/ It's written in Java, looks like the third attempt of AD for a level editor, but this one...
by mkienenb
19 Jan 2011, 13:34
Topic: MM7 Question - Who are Ressurectra, Shelton, and Korak?
Replies: 13
Views: 6653

I think they're all considered freeware They aren't! The rights holder is Ubisoft and it doesn't released them for free. Oh my mistake! I just found out that Ubisoft is the publisher of the Might and Magic Six Pack. Well at least I own all the original games. I have MM1 on 5 1/4" disks, so I e...
by mkienenb
14 Jan 2011, 01:43

GreatEmerald wrote:They were still using the same engine, just with enhancements, last time I checked. Nobody said they removed the vertex limit.
It's not really that big a deal. The model is just broken up into 64-polygon sub-models. Many of the models you see in Might and Magic 6-8 are really multiple models.
by mkienenb
23 Jul 2010, 18:54
Topic: 3d models wanted for testing MM6 outdoor map editor
Replies: 67
Views: 22393

Nomad wrote:mkienenb (and all)
Do you have original MM6/7 buildings, wells, and other models (B-models) in some reliable format (.3ds, .obj, .x, etc) ?
The new editor can export MM6 B-models in .obj/.mtl format (and import them as well).
by mkienenb
13 Jul 2010, 14:44

Re: Status??

After things 'settle down' and you complete the three-year project, take a month off with pay and then slowly phase back into the editor. We can wait. Thanks for all of your efforts thus far and for the update. BDJ I wish :) I'm a self-employed computer programmer. "time off" and "wi...
by mkienenb
12 Jul 2010, 14:44

Re: Status??

Hey Mike, It's been a while since you posted a status on the editor update. How are things progressing? Inquiring minds want to know. BDJ I moved the event editing stuff over from the old editor to the new editor before the birth of my son. It wasn't completely finished, though. Since the birth of ...
by mkienenb
16 Jun 2010, 22:54
Topic: Might and Magic multiplayer?
Replies: 9
Views: 4686

LoMM is said to be mediocre because it was basically a Counter Strike clone. Though it would still be interesting to see it, especially since I have never played CS myself :) I have two copies of it -- I must have gotten them cheap. Only played one of them for a few minutes. I knew one of the devel...
by mkienenb
15 May 2010, 15:56
Topic: [MM6mod] Suicide Squad
Replies: 8
Views: 12913

Have few moding questions npctext.txt When am change even single letter in this file it replace viewed lines. For example message from goblin urok, i changed it and view something about pearl from other lines. I dont known why this happend and how edit that file. Maybe you changed the line ending f...
by mkienenb
05 May 2010, 20:51
Topic: Porting content between MMs?
Views: 4657

I'm familiar with BSP, although I don't see why they'd need it... Terrain is basically a replacement for BSP, since it usually uses heightmaps... I do understand why they need it in the Labyrinth engine, though. Yes, this is why I suspect it's only computed at runtime and the values are not actuall...
by mkienenb
05 May 2010, 20:04

I see, all right then. What are the differences in terrain between MM6 and MM7/8, though? Visually I don't see any... I haven't looked the MM7 & 8 terrain data files recently, but off the top of my head, I think that they have Bsp nodes whereas MM6 doesn't. There might also be some normals for ...
by mkienenb
05 May 2010, 19:31

You'll be able to do some of this with my new editor once it gets to the point of supporting MM7 and MM8 file formats in addition to MM6. You can already copy various things from one MM6 project to another. You'll be able to copy map terrain, although I'm not 100% certain about MM6 maps to MM7 &...
by mkienenb
27 Apr 2010, 01:00
Topic: MM6 & MM7: Shield (the Air Magic spell)
Replies: 19
Views: 12997

Oh, so attacks are projectiles, I see. But does magic really always work? I mean, things like Finger of Death, as you see by battling minotaurs in MM6, don't always work on you, same with fire arrows from mages, although they hit a lot more often that your do, which is odd. I was speaking in genera...
by mkienenb
26 Apr 2010, 21:02

GreatEmerald wrote:So which of those are projectiles and which are spells?
lightning bolt is a spell.
shield is a spell.
fire arrow is a projectile (attack 2)
arrow is a projectile (attack 1)
by mkienenb
26 Apr 2010, 14:11

Huh? What's the difference between projectiles and spells? Projectiles can miss. Spells don't miss. Spells are resisted. I don't remember if you can resist projectiles. Projectiles also have their own set special damage ranges whereas the spells are based on the spell and level and rank. For exampl...
by mkienenb
26 Apr 2010, 12:47

To further complicate things, the vast majority of elemental attacks in MM6 & MM7 from monsters are not spells. Just open up Monsters.txt . Each normal attack is assigned an element: Physical, Fire, Cold, Electric, Poison, Magical, or Energy (the latter cannot be resisted). If it's physical, th...
by mkienenb
23 Apr 2010, 22:02
Topic: Where do we go from here? (Buffy)
Replies: 14
Views: 7431

My suggestion tho, and I know I have mentioned this to a few of you and I know some of you are already attempting this, but rather than having 3 or 4 people creating 3 or 4 modding tools why not all just use your various skills to come up with one complete tool that can include all of these feature...
by mkienenb
23 Apr 2010, 12:50
Topic: Where do we go from here? (Buffy)
Replies: 14
Views: 7431

Well, coding can't be GUI-fied too well. With the limited event code instruction set available to the 'native' MM6,7,8 games, an entire and very intricate game storyline can easily be implemented from a pure GUI. I know this to be a fact because I've just accomplished most of my programming doing i...
by mkienenb
23 Apr 2010, 12:22
Topic: MM6 - Cursed. What exactly does it do?
Replies: 21
Views: 14216

If I recall, curse makes your attacks and spells fail 50% of the time.

There are also three types of poison and disease.
by mkienenb
21 Apr 2010, 21:06

Funny you should ask just now -- I just started looking at it again 5 minutes ago. I think the 3d model import/export works at this point. These are the issues I would like to fix before making a public release: -- bug: bmodels not selectable once moved (lost bounding box?) -- bug: Textures get lost...

Go to advanced search