Search found 3152 matches

by GreatEmerald
15 Jun 2015, 07:32
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Tech Corner
Replies: 826
Views: 426791

Well, unless you want it to be a very early Christmas present, I'd say you should wait :) AMD is launching their new Carizzo laptop line just this summer, and there should be more Intel Broadwell laptops available as time goes, too.
by GreatEmerald
13 Jun 2015, 19:37
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Ultimate MM7 party
Replies: 155
Views: 89152

Nah, I'm playing through World of XEEN right now instead :P
by GreatEmerald
10 Jun 2015, 20:01
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Homm3 strongest faction poll
Replies: 11
Views: 10784

zeus-online wrote:Actually, what difficulty do you guys prefer playing on? Maybe i should make another poll for that.
Hard, because that's the fair difficulty setting.
by GreatEmerald
10 Jun 2015, 12:34

Voted for Fortress :D That's a nice town, most fun to play with. Mighty Gorgons are serial killers, so they can beat, when done well, every other town with exception of Necropolis. Eh, well, Fortress is my favourite town, but that's because I play defensively. It's by far the best town for defence,...
by GreatEmerald
10 Jun 2015, 07:08

I'd say either Dungeon or Necropolis, depending on the map.
by GreatEmerald
04 Jun 2015, 18:23
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Tech Corner
Replies: 826
Views: 426791

In one of my laptops there's an UEFI setting of whether the fan should spin down completely or not. By default it's always spinning, but on other laptops it may very well be different. The important part is that it spins when under load.
by GreatEmerald
03 Jun 2015, 19:41
Topic: Call to H-IV mapmakers - AI enchancing scripts
Replies: 231
Views: 104114

Can you explain? Sorry, my english is not really good and I'm not sure I understand..... In my opinion, for maximizing tactics+artifact (I mean attack, defense, luck and moral, so Ring, misc(Horseshoe, Four leaf Clover, Crest of valor...) and Shield), tactics hero must be the one with artifacts.......
by GreatEmerald
03 Jun 2015, 13:22

About rings: I'd put the Ring of Speed much lower, because that's not all that useful for the AI, they'll just run into enemies with their troops faster. Then both Ring of Permanency and Ring of Greater Negation should be at the very bottom, because they can be actively harmful (dispel is very usefu...
by GreatEmerald
03 Jun 2015, 13:02
Topic: Why HIV is better or equal to HIII
Replies: 77
Views: 35250

Yea, some of the animations I'm not a big fan of either (Lich's head spinning uncontrollably, really now). Though the spell animations are pretty good; at first I thought they weren't flashy enough, compared to HoMM3, but I recently realised that they represent the spell effects way better. After ye...
by GreatEmerald
01 Jun 2015, 19:22

The Barbarian Throwing Club should be higher, because stun is very useful. I'd probably also put the regular Crossbow above the Longbow, because it gives the Long Range ability (not complete range penalty removal, but nearly so). I'd also put the Nomad Blackbow below the Bow of the Elf King, because...
by GreatEmerald
29 May 2015, 08:29

Karmakeld wrote:If a menu/settings like Salamandre's Can Be done, I ser no reason not to please the crowd. But obviously it's two different discussions, so why keep mixing Them up?
Exactly.
by GreatEmerald
28 May 2015, 21:51

Because this is not (strictly) for mapmakers, it's for adding to all maps in an automated fashion. And maps typically have artifacts in them.
by GreatEmerald
28 May 2015, 20:56

I didn't say anything about cheating or not, and your response doesn't actually address the ease of implementation ;) If the AI has predefined artifact sets based on difficulty, then it doesn't actually matter what artifacts, if any, it picks up on the map. The implementation isn't any easier (it's...
by GreatEmerald
28 May 2015, 19:59

Would it be a little easier to come up with sets of artifacts that the AI would have (removed after battle if defeated), tailored to the difficulty level? No. Because for one, that's cheating, and for two, the AI might very well already have better artifacts than your predefined set. Also, coming u...
by GreatEmerald
27 May 2015, 08:25

I can update the Helmet list, but before, I want to know what GreatEmerald think about your test (hostile spell results) with Mind shield and have is opinion about it (where we should put it in the list). Eh, I'm still a bit torn on that one. It does help against more spells than prevents casting b...
by GreatEmerald
26 May 2015, 05:56

There is something we forgot about moral (i did some test because I was not sure, test is our best friend): A creature with good moral deal 25% more damage and a creature with bad moral deal 20% less damage. I did some test (with 90% of all spell), and the only spell that I can't cast on my troop w...
by GreatEmerald
25 May 2015, 22:29
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Bug reports
Replies: 99
Views: 141109

Two more things to point out, although I doubt anything can be done about either: In castle sieges, pressing near towers often causes creatures to accidentally go up them. The worst part is that it also applies even if at the start of the creature's turn you were on that same tower to begin with. Th...
by GreatEmerald
25 May 2015, 21:32

Moving a bit sooner can be really good: For exemple, if computer has Cyclop, Faery dragon, Gargantuan or any range creature (except mechanical), he can kill a lot of your creature/hero before you can do anything. For the very first turn of the battle only, though, and it's only if there are magic o...
by GreatEmerald
25 May 2015, 19:42

For helmet: Mind shield(all mind spell, including blind) is better than Helm of seeing (only blind spell), (or maybe I'm missing something....) Yeap, you're missing the fact that Mind shield makes friendly troops immune to all mind spells, not all hostile mind spells, thus it makes blesses (= entir...
by GreatEmerald
24 May 2015, 18:54
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM 6/7/8 Total Remake
Replies: 306
Views: 416169

Oh, if DX11 is just an additional renderer to OpenGL, then that's quite good. Still, it's strange that Unity is used, as opposed to Unreal Engine 4, which anyone can download and recompile on their own. I guess this was done before the announcement that UE4 was going free of charge. As for the textu...

Go to advanced search