Search found 3151 matches

by GreatEmerald
Jul 3 2015, 15:59
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Thinking of creating H4 LOTR campaign/s based on the books.
Replies: 23
Views: 4675

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote:Are we allowed to post links here?

Of course you are. You must be thinking of some place else...
by GreatEmerald
Jul 2 2015, 16:46

There are various LOTR wikis. But then, do you really need a timeline? I'd understand for something like the Silmarillion, but LOTR isn't all that complex.
by GreatEmerald
Jul 2 2015, 14:41
Forum: Campfire
Topic: What are you currently reading?
Replies: 614
Views: 115975

Finished the first nine WoT books now. It's true that the pace has dropped dramatically, and it doesn't help that Jordan keeps resurrecting dead people, argh. It's sort of like the LotR books, where the first one had a lot of progress, and the later ones branched out a whole lot so the progress on a...
by GreatEmerald
Jul 2 2015, 13:47

A campaign sounds interesting, but also hilariously complicated to do. And the premier site for Heroes, as Salamandre will undoubtedly point out, is Heroes Community; though I suppose thanks to Dalai and the Might and Magic focus this is the premier site for HoMM4 and the mapping aspect specifically.
by GreatEmerald
Jun 28 2015, 9:34
Topic: The Random Pictures thread
Replies: 361
Views: 75019

mr.hackcrag wrote:Pretty cool. You should have flirted with her so she'd spread her wings. :embarrased:

That not how peacocks work. It's a male. ;)
by GreatEmerald
Jun 26 2015, 22:33
Topic: Call to H-IV mapmakers - AI enchancing scripts
Replies: 231
Views: 61059

PatFX: I think your list there is good, though I'd put Shield at the very bottom (if the logbook exists, it might be intended to be used in the map, so it ought to be higher than very last; and Ice Scales aren't that bad). Demonary and Apprentice's Handbook could also be lower (Demonary will hardly ...
by GreatEmerald
Jun 26 2015, 18:20

2- Do a list for misc and ring artifact to decide how many of each artifact we want to equip (exemple, equip only 1 Flamming arrow first in the give script even if the hero has 2 flamming arrow, then, at the end, give back the remaining artifact) This is just a general question of "does it sta...
by GreatEmerald
Jun 25 2015, 16:53

Well, that's the thing... If the hero has, say, four Dwarven Shields. If you only remove two, you might remove only the ones in the backpack (unless removing always takes the equipped artifact, but I doubt that's how it works). So the hero will still have the Dwarven Shield equipped and will not equ...
by GreatEmerald
Jun 25 2015, 13:01

Oh, right, it's not object-oriented... Ugh. Well, in that case, is there a way to determine whether the artifact was equipped or not? So that a hero could be cleared of equipped artifacts, and then removing only two of each type of artifact would do.
by GreatEmerald
Jun 25 2015, 5:47

The term for the second method is "recursion". It's a recursive script.

Yea, I've been thinking about the latter, but why can't you add, for hero 2, a script called "redirect1" that simply calls LongswordTakeCount1?
by GreatEmerald
Jun 24 2015, 12:03

I'm more thinking that to limit complexity, all artifacts would be equipped only once first. So the script would be, take all artifacts, set the variables to counts, then give back one of each artifact in sequence, then give back all the remaining artifacts in sequence. It wouldn't make the script t...
by GreatEmerald
Jun 23 2015, 22:14

Only other issue I can think of is maps with quests that might require x numbers of the same artifact. But an info about how the Artifact table script works, could warn players about this possible issue.. Yeap, but I'd rather keep compatibility. Even with regular shop artifacts. A larger script doe...
by GreatEmerald
Jun 23 2015, 22:06
Topic: Tech Corner
Replies: 674
Views: 175462

Well, for watching video you don't even need a dedicated card. You just need something better than a GMA 600 (which is what's on my tablet :D ). And this is 10 times faster, so no issues there. (For videos, more important can be hardware decoding; not so much for performance as for battery life and ...
by GreatEmerald
Jun 23 2015, 21:16

The processor is OK, but the graphics card is just as weak as integrated graphics, so it might as well not even be included.
by GreatEmerald
Jun 22 2015, 20:52

Hm, looking at it (your new lists) even more closely, I noticed some more things. Weapons: keeping in mind that attack isn't as useful as defence (especially for all the magic heroes), I'd rearrange some items. The Axe isn't as useful as the Giant Slayer and Angel's Blade in that regard. In fact, it...
by GreatEmerald
Jun 22 2015, 16:22

About weapons, I'd say the opposite of what Karmakeld said. In your list, the magic-related weapons are underestimated if anything. Heroes rarely fight in melee, and if they do, they're on the losing end of it. Meanwhile a lot of heroes know at least one school of magic. And Resurrection is useful f...
by GreatEmerald
Jun 20 2015, 10:29
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: E3
Replies: 2
Views: 1678

E3

So, now that E3 is done, any impressions? I haven't yet watched all the conferences (Nintendo and Bethesda still left), and generally there's nothing all that impressive, but this trailer did catch my eye: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE Up to 2:00, it feels like a showcase of how Might ...
by GreatEmerald
Jun 16 2015, 19:43

ThunderTitan wrote:So, what's the difference between these two:

Aside from what Pol said, the Broadwell has slightly faster integrated graphics.

For something more in-depth, Ark is your friend:
http://ark.intel.com/compare/81018,84695
by GreatEmerald
Jun 15 2015, 18:16

Yeap. Though personally, since I try and use all the tech for as long as possible, I'd rather go for newer gen gear than older. It might be rougher at the beginning but it usually lasts longer and is more efficient. Case in point was my previous graphics card: at the time (2009) I had a choice betwe...
by GreatEmerald
Jun 15 2015, 7:32

Well, unless you want it to be a very early Christmas present, I'd say you should wait :) AMD is launching their new Carizzo laptop line just this summer, and there should be more Intel Broadwell laptops available as time goes, too.

Go to advanced search