Search found 736 matches

by cjlee
Nov 1 2016, 16:04
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 (unofficial)
Replies: 75
Views: 47784

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 (unofficial)

A few things 1. You are overly concerned with morale penalties, going over 5 has no impact and you already start with 2, in many late game scenarios a morale penalty is hardly a penalty at all. 2. Shamans & Witches don't get a different treatment with morale penalties, the system where heroes a...
by cjlee
Nov 1 2016, 6:37
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Some ideas on 3D in Heroes that I hope modders will take up on.
Replies: 9
Views: 4424

Re: Some ideas on 3D in Heroes that I hope modders will take up on.

I’m quite happy to discuss this, because I considered it also. I played some war games in the past, and realize that there can’t be perfect simulation of time on a turn based game, but we still can have a reasonably workable yet sophisticated simulation. Firstly, a simulation will never be perfect. ...
by cjlee
Oct 31 2016, 19:59

Well... maybe I'm wrong on the Renegades. There was always so much going on that morale penalties could have come from elsewhere. However, I notice both Shamans and Witches get morale penalties on their non-Stronghold troops. Even when there are no Stronghold troop around eg all-Sylvan or all-Haven ...
by cjlee
Oct 29 2016, 12:41
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes VII. - Development cancelled
Replies: 23
Views: 7325

Re: Heroes VII. - Development cancelled

BTW, I believe it should be MUCH CHEAPER to do live action filming, than 3D modelling, for certain cutscenes. There are lots of cosplayers who would be happy to sit around a round table and discuss strategy with H7 Ivan, for instance. You could get actual fan volunteers to do all the work, and just ...
by cjlee
Oct 29 2016, 12:33
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Some ideas on 3D in Heroes that I hope modders will take up on.
Replies: 9
Views: 4424

Some ideas on 3D in Heroes that I hope modders will take up on.

There has been a lot of back and forth on the use of 3D in HOMM. I don’t think 3D is a wrong thing. Just that it is badly implemented and implemented without enough resources. For example there has been too much focus on the eye candy. Such as 3D adventure maps that look very beautiful but are a pai...
by cjlee
Oct 28 2016, 13:34

Ok... that explains it... it is very disappointing because I depend heavily on Dark Magic in most of my strategies. For instance I just finished a game where I could simply not have won had I chosen to use anything other than to spam Puppet Master and Vampiricism. (I cheated to give my Knight Dark M...
by cjlee
Oct 27 2016, 2:55
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: MAPDBL - The Hunger Games Map in H7
Replies: 14
Views: 8312

Re: The Hunger Games Map in H7

Applause for your hard work, Antalyan! As I said, people like you are the future of Heroes 7. If there are not enough mapmakers like you the franchise will die. Now, since this is a custom map, I would recommend taking the ideas from Heroes mod5.5. 1) you are the mapmaker and I'm sure you know how d...
by cjlee
Oct 26 2016, 16:44
Topic: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?
Replies: 64
Views: 16397

Re: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?

Sorry but is extremely selfish if you wish for the series to be further tarnished just because you personally prefer/want more activity on fan forums. That is a total misreading of what I said and have been saying. I am not personally committed to any particular type of Heroes. I just want a good g...
by cjlee
Oct 26 2016, 16:36
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: The Stupid Week Thread
Replies: 17
Views: 5732

Re: The Stupid Week Thread

But really, some of those weeks, these that made your ranged troops rather useless, these effects could have been brought by implementing terrain and weather penalties, or even weather-like spellcasting, like Windstorm (making ranged attacks deviate from target etc.). There was simply so much poten...
by cjlee
Oct 26 2016, 4:24

Feel sad reading GreatEmerald's reply. Seems as though there are stiff obstacles in every direction. Yes, I never considered the Ubisoft HD because I don't like Ubisoft, the HD looked bad, and of course it was lacking in the full content. We'll see what the next few years bring. But I'm afraid Heroe...
by cjlee
Oct 25 2016, 13:32

Even though I have found much fault with H6 and H7 (and not refrained from talking about their faults)… I don’t think they are totally turds. They have their (limited) good points, which is why there are small numbers of people like Antalyan who genuinely like H6 and H7 and are not afraid to voice o...
by cjlee
Oct 25 2016, 11:08

I just hate it when people argue so much when they actually have plenty in common: the survival and improvement of our favourite franchise. I have criticized H7 strongly and my criticisms, mockery and general contempt are everywhere on this forum. But I still strongly appreciate people like Antalyan...
by cjlee
Oct 25 2016, 10:55
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?
Replies: 50
Views: 14450

Re: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?

I talk about average and you talk about exceptions. Not to mention Stephen King is repeating himself horribly for the past 20 years. Age is not irrelevant when talking about creativity and there are both sociological and biological reasons behind it. You simply need to accept that, it's not insulti...
by cjlee
Oct 24 2016, 17:33

The mod deserves way more than 2.8k downloads, but I don't think it will go as far as it deserves to. Ubisoft really destroyed the brand name and drove away many fans without getting many new ones. That said I should report some bugs or oddities... 1) divine vengeance Does not work properly on Archm...
by cjlee
Oct 24 2016, 8:11

And now that I am playing the Heroes 5.5 mod by Quantomas, Magnomagus and their team, I really do not want to go back to H2 and H3 unless their AI is also given a big time update. I think it is time for H3 and H5 fans and their modders to communicate and get the best of each version. We really do no...
by cjlee
Oct 24 2016, 8:04
Topic: Advice about buying Heroes VI?
Replies: 8
Views: 3672

Re: Advice about buying Heroes VI?

SoD were done by Virtuos. There are some game breaking bugs presented, if that happens you need to reload that part of campaign. The late is game is also bit of boring (yes, that's the part with bugs, when you are against Inferno). If you will be trying to playing it just for sake of completeness I...
by cjlee
Oct 23 2016, 20:22
Topic: Advice about buying Heroes VI?
Replies: 8
Views: 3672

Advice about buying Heroes VI?

I've played H6 before but not Shades of Darkness expansion. Now I see it on sale here https://www.g2a.com/heroes-6-shades-of-darkness-uplay-global.html?adid=GOCDKEYS&id=13 at 3.39 Euros. Now that sounds like an entirely appropriate price. Anyone would like to comment? The H6 and H7 expansions ar...
by cjlee
Oct 23 2016, 20:08
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Heroes VII. Tutorial & Mods - List
Replies: 17
Views: 19101

Re: Heroes VII. Tutorial & Mods - List

I also liked Sanctuary, it reminded me Fortress from H3. Sorry but how exactly? They're 100% different in every aspect. Let me test my knowledge of Heroes III and VI: 1) faction balance Sanctuary is a balanced faction that works whether might or magic. Fortress has crap magic and the only useful sp...
by cjlee
Oct 23 2016, 15:51

Guys I hate to see the conversation going downhill. I think whether we are dumb orcs or cunning dark elves, nerdy wizards, self righteous knights, poetic rangers, jovial dwarves or grim necromancers - we're all on the same side here, as part of a grand alliance against the 'demons'. Kha Beleth is an...
by cjlee
Oct 23 2016, 3:05
Topic: Heroes II. - Project Ironfist
Replies: 20
Views: 5627

Re: Heroes II. - Project Ironfist

I play Heroes4 (and sometimes Heroes3) using a Samsung 28" monitor, 4K resolution, and I still prefer these 2 over any of the posterior games. ;) I actually play everything on my 55' tv. Can't seem to go back to a regular monitor anymore. The only thing that I've played which was noticeably pi...

Go to advanced search