Search found 217 matches

by Jonas
09 Feb 2009, 05:50
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: HV-Creating fog.
Replies: 15
Views: 14540

Here are some effects like fogs, smoke and clouds. I'll try to look for more some other day. PlayVisualEffect( "/Effects/_(Effect)/Arenas/HavenSiege/General/Fog.xdb#xpointer(/Effect)", '', '', 31, 21, 0, 0, 0); http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/2615/6518ea26148564.gif PlayVisualEffect( &quo...
by Jonas
08 Feb 2009, 04:12
Topic: [Tote] SetObjectPosition and ships
Replies: 6
Views: 3764

[Tote] SetObjectPosition and ships

Is there any trick to move a ship with script? If I use SetObjectPosition with a ship the game crashes to desktop everytime the function is triggered.
by Jonas
07 Feb 2009, 03:12
Topic: [ToTE] Problem with placing bridges via script
Replies: 13
Views: 5559

I got it!!!

RazeBuilding is the solution! I just put the 'fixed' bridge in the RazedStatic in the object properties. So easy, but so hard to get there.
by Jonas
06 Feb 2009, 17:38

I believe the trouble is in WaterBased parameter. You must set it to true in order for the bridge sections to move right. Nope, it didn't make any different. Tried the the TerrainAlignment too. As an alternative (ugly) solution: place the 'fixed' bridge part somewhere on the map that is not (yet) v...
by Jonas
05 Feb 2009, 22:23

[ToTE] Problem with placing bridges via script

As I said in the subject line I got problem when I try to replace a damaged bridge part with a regular one via script. The new bridge part keeps hovering in the air when the script has run. I keep the new parts on the same level as the others - actually I've placed them on the bridge itself, on the ...
by Jonas
04 Feb 2009, 14:46
Topic: Is there a way to turn of "... has been defeated"?
Replies: 1
Views: 2186

If you put a reserve hero in player properties (map properties pop-up box) instead of a main hero for PLAYER_2 and then use

Code: Select all

DoNotGiveTurnToPlayerAIIfNoTownsAndActiveHeroes(PLAYER_2, not nil);
in script, you'll get around the problem.
by Jonas
30 Jan 2009, 20:50
Topic: Arbitrary rotation of fences?
Replies: 10
Views: 4444

The editor uses radians instead of degrees and what I understand is because objects rotates around the PossessionMarkerTile. That is why fences makes a "sweep" when they rotate. Here is the formula to calculate degrees to radians: radian = degrees * pi / 180 If you rotate a fence 90 degree...
by Jonas
29 Jan 2009, 00:20
Topic: [Tote] Caravans jump-starts - bug or what?
Replies: 4
Views: 2296

I have a part in my map were there is a "caravan race". The caravans "summons" on a starting grid and then runs on a track for three turns. You bet on the winner and if you win, a monolith gets activated. There is no beginning or ending in a regular way, their route just start on...
by Jonas
28 Jan 2009, 22:47
Topic: [Tote] Caravans jump-starts - bug or what?
Replies: 4
Views: 2296

[Tote] Caravans jump-starts - bug or what?

In my map there's four caravans created at a special event and they are supposed to move from point A to B (over three turns). But it looks very ugly when the caravans "jumps" to halfway of the estimated route and at that point start acting normal. It happends every turn. I have tried to e...
by Jonas
24 Jan 2009, 17:38
Topic: Newbee question about scenario issue
Replies: 14
Views: 4253

By the way: do you know of any method to prevent peasant huts to give you peasants? I just want to use them for decorative purposes ;-) A other way to do it: Put as many peasant-huts you want on your map and give them script names like pHut1, pHut2 and so on (you change the name in the object prope...
by Jonas
22 Jan 2009, 23:05
Topic: [H5 Tote] How do I create "in game/original" flyin
Replies: 23
Views: 11753

Hi again! Couldn't go to sleep before I got some understanding in the case. I found out what the problem was. The result when I tested the formula it moved an object but it was the wrong one. Everything was turned 90 degrees clockwise, so I just swapped the a and b in tilepos[(b-21)*10 + a-20] and i...
by Jonas
22 Jan 2009, 21:19

Hmm, so you want to fill tilepos automatically? Yes! Your formula worked perfect in one way and in another not. It gets all the coordinates correct to the table. But I'm using an index that starts from no 1 (the index numbers in 'tilename' and 'tilepos' has to be the same because the coordinates of...
by Jonas
22 Jan 2009, 18:25

I've learned that last night. :D But what I ment was, when you're using an empty table like "tablename = {}" you can use the "for"-function to fill it with information. That is what I want to do. I have an 10x10 "minefield" with 100 chests covering all tiles and I just ...
by Jonas
22 Jan 2009, 16:50

One note. If you use both ChangeHeroStat AND GiveHeroCombatBonus, hero will get double bonus - permanent one and temporary one (until next battle). BTW, do you use 3.1 patch? Many commands were extended with the patch. As for flying icons, adding heroname as last parameter usually works. Stupid que...
by Jonas
16 Jan 2009, 13:57

Franzy: NB: if I am not mistaken, one guy from russian forum said he managed to force the game to show creature icons by adding heroname as another parameter in function like this: GiveHeroCreatures('Zehir',1,1,'Zehir'); But I never tried this for myself, don't know if it really works. There is no c...
by Jonas
15 Jan 2009, 23:46

Thanks for the answer Franzy! Even though I can't recall that I saw anything come "flying" before I put my own command in, but i'll check again. And i will also try the line about add creatures you mentioned, just for fun. (... as I went back to see what else you wrote I relized that I had...
by Jonas
15 Jan 2009, 00:26

[H5 Tote] How do I create "in game/original" flyin

Hi everybody! After years of playing H5 I've got in to the mapmaking buisiness - at last. With no programming skills at start but a quite usefull brain I have started to learn the script writing. Q = where to find the file(s) in data.pak for the original flying signs (morale, luck, etc) you see when...

Go to advanced search