Search found 103 matches

by LongDarkBlues
19 Aug 2010, 15:48
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Kotaku preview
Replies: 40
Views: 27917

Kotaku preview

http://kotaku.com/5616648/might-and-magic-heroes-vi-might-be-magic The line between role-playing game and strategy game blur even further with Might and Magic Heroes VI, bringing the ageless conflict closer to "the Blizzard standard." Might and Magic is a series of computer role-playing ga...
by LongDarkBlues
19 Aug 2010, 15:17
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 83730

Perhaps if capturing the mine just stops its production to the connected town? I wonder. Hmm - that's certainly an interesting change to consider.
by LongDarkBlues
19 Aug 2010, 07:17

Because it takes so long for one player to send their army into another player's territory, any economic competition won't happen until the two sides already have their infrastructure up... All of that is based on the assumption that this game will play just like H3&H5 - there is no reason to a...
by LongDarkBlues
19 Aug 2010, 07:12

It worked for so many years, so why change it now? Where would we be if everybody thought that way about what they did? Nothing would ever change or improve, everything would be stagnant. Maybe just this once we could all agree to not run around the Internet yelling that the sky is falling and ever...
by LongDarkBlues
19 Aug 2010, 04:47

How does that sound like increasing competition when that's exactly the way it was in every Heroes game except for 4? But wait, you said Heroes is not a game where you can have a lot of competition over resources due to the fact that maps are too big. Which is totally contradictory. Do other Heroes...
by LongDarkBlues
19 Aug 2010, 01:55
Topic: Your likes/dislikes in Heroes6 game design
Replies: 113
Views: 52623

Magelord wrote:- No specialty bldgs?
I'm really hoping that those end up as neutral buildings on the map, like the Cover of Darkness in H3. It'd be a shame to lose all that , certainly.
by LongDarkBlues
19 Aug 2010, 01:05
Topic: Your likes/dislikes in Heroes6 game design
Replies: 113
Views: 52623

TheUndeadKing wrote:...it would probably ruin gameplay (especially on regular maps) in the long run.
How?
by LongDarkBlues
19 Aug 2010, 01:02

It would take several turns for a secondary hero to get from your castle into your opponent's territory and flag their mines. And since fog of war goes away when you explore it, your opponent's going to see your hero coming a long way off and send an army of their own to deal with it. That sounds l...
by LongDarkBlues
18 Aug 2010, 22:24

There won't be any conflict over the resources in this version. Because having so few resource types, it will be very difficult not to have at least a small income in each resource. ... I hope I am wrong, but at first sight looks like a game simplification to make it "easier" for "bi...
by LongDarkBlues
18 Aug 2010, 18:47
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 143239

The overall art design looks great - the world itself is so richly detailed. Similar to H5, but greatly refined, I think.
by LongDarkBlues
18 Aug 2010, 18:33

I think it's a great decision - barring gold mines, there was hardly ever actual conflict over resources - it will force players to interact in a much more persistent manner, as having more crystals needed for high level units and dwellings will tip the balance of power so directly to whoever contro...
by LongDarkBlues
23 May 2006, 17:51
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Black Knight Mod
Replies: 106
Views: 53937

Dublex wrote:
True, but weren't the Chaos Warriors in Hero Quest as well, which was D&Dish?

They were in Fighting Fantasy game books as well, but they were drawn in monochrome so don't count.
Hero Quest was made by Games Workshop in the Warhammer world, though - anyone ever get Advanced Hero Quest?
by LongDarkBlues
21 May 2006, 19:20
Topic: Rargh! Purple Zombie mod
Replies: 16
Views: 5282

I'm sure you CAN add more creatures - but that would involve getting into the code - that's a little beyond my knowledge. The ones I'm doing replace the old stack. If anyone wanted to work out a walkthrough on how to do it, though, that would rule.
by LongDarkBlues
21 May 2006, 18:37

Now all we need is a Rainbow Horned Demon. Ask and Ye Shall recieve: http://www.yerbird.com/homm/demon1.jpg http://www.yerbird.com/homm/demon2.jpg http://www.yerbird.com/homm/demon3.jpg Oh, and Gaidal Cain - I think it has something to do with the model - the sword must move separately - just a wei...
by LongDarkBlues
21 May 2006, 06:41

Rargh! Purple Zombie mod

I never really got into modding on the last incarnation, but I had a great time making the Plague Zombies purple - Hopefully there will some sweet mods for H5 - it was surprisingly easy to fool around with the textures: http://www.yerbird.com/homm/zombie1.jpg http://www.yerbird.com/homm/zombie2.jpg ...
by LongDarkBlues
17 May 2006, 17:01
Forum: Campfire
Topic: lol @ warnings on homm v
Replies: 17
Views: 10145

I can only guess that the Drucgs is in reference to the Academy hero's hookah on the elephant during combat.
by LongDarkBlues
16 May 2006, 22:23
Topic: Strategic AI + memory leaks: worrying stuff
Replies: 84
Views: 30678

I've just got the video card that was built into my $100 motherboard and it runs the game fine. It's not console-fast, but it's more than playable.
by LongDarkBlues
11 May 2006, 23:57
Topic: Leak
Replies: 293
Views: 59500

The shoplifting argument doesn't really work - pirating a game or music or whatever is copyright infringment - not stealing. As has been pointed out before, most pirated copies are from people who would't have bought it in the first place - in fact, if you look at some of the comments on the torrent...
by LongDarkBlues
28 Feb 2006, 02:19
Topic: Ubi and Copy Protection
Replies: 225
Views: 69090

I just wanted to update anyone who was interested. After my CD burner ceased functioning - which happened as soon as I installed the HOMM5 beta - I discovered all the info about StarForce on here. I have had to replace the burner and the new one works just fine. I haven't changed anything or install...
by LongDarkBlues
21 Feb 2006, 05:33
Topic: Ubi and Copy Protection
Replies: 225
Views: 69090

I had been away from the board for a bit, and, in truth, away from games for a much longer bit. I stumbled onto this thread though, as I had been concerned that my CD burner has been really acting up since around the time I installed the HOMMV beta. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe not, but, sure eno...

Go to advanced search